[News] Denmark Doesn't Care About ISO, Still Weighing ODF - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Denmark Doesn't Care About ISO, Still Weighing ODF - Linux ; Denmark: OOXML Vote Won't Affect Public Sector ,----[ Quote ] | Denmark's public sector will not be affected if Microsoft's latest file | format is rejected or accepted by the International Organization for | Standardization (ISO), a government official said ...

  1. [News] Denmark Doesn't Care About ISO, Still Weighing ODF

    Denmark: OOXML Vote Won't Affect Public Sector

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Denmark's public sector will not be affected if Microsoft's latest file
    | format is rejected or accepted by the International Organization for
    | Standardization (ISO), a government official said Wednesday.
    `----

    http://www.cio.com/article/188850/De..._Public_Sector

    Free Market vs the OOXML

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Supporting open standards does not equate to supporting standards for which
    | ISO said are standards. It means supporting technologies which were designed
    | to be fully interoperable, compatible and transparently documented so as to
    | be fitting for use by a large number of people without forming a situation of
    | lock-in to a particular company. An open standard is a technology whose inner
    | workings are completely transparent and whose use does not constitute
    | dependance on any particular product or company, and which is commonly used
    | in the market.
    `----

    http://www.memeverse.com/2008/03/30/...-vs-the-ooxml/

    Recent:

    OOXML News From Denmark

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Re: In Denmark, Microsoft has 2 out of 4 votes
    |
    | InzpektorInzpektor 18 Feb 2008, 15:20 BST
    |
    | The Danish delegation for the BRM will consist of:
    |
    | ¬* ¬* * IBM
    | ¬* ¬* * Dansk Standard (the national standards body)
    | ¬* ¬* * Microsoft - Themselves!
    | ¬* ¬* * Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Ciber A/S
    |
    | So, I guess that means that the Danish votes are a tie. (Ofcourse with the
    | national standards body being the joker here :-) )
    |
    | Reference:
    | http://www.ds.dk/3537 (In Danish)
    `----

    http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-41947...sent-australia

    The Microsoft OOXML ‚ÄėCorruption Train‚Äô Reaches Denmark

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A committee from Danish Standardisation is going to decide whether to
    | recommend a Microsoft standard as an open standard internationally. A
    | majority in the committee have close connections to Microsoft, however….17
    | out of the 31 members in the committee are so called Microsoft partners….The
    | European interest organisation Foundation for a Free Information
    | Infrastructure accuses Microsoft of influencing the decision process by
    | asking partners to join the national decision committee. ¬* ¬* ¬*
    `----

    http://boycottnovell.com/2007/07/27/denmark-ooxml/

  2. Re: [News] Denmark Doesn't Care About ISO, Still Weighing ODF

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > Denmark: OOXML Vote Won't Affect Public Sector
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Denmark's public sector will not be affected if Microsoft's latest file
    >| format is rejected or accepted by the International Organization for
    >| Standardization (ISO), a government official said Wednesday.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.cio.com/article/188850/De..._Public_Sector
    >
    > Free Market vs the OOXML
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Supporting open standards does not equate to supporting standards for which
    >| ISO said are standards. It means supporting technologies which were designed
    >| to be fully interoperable, compatible and transparently documented so as to
    >| be fitting for use by a large number of people without forming a situation of
    >| lock-in to a particular company. An open standard is a technology whose inner
    >| workings are completely transparent and whose use does not constitute
    >| dependance on any particular product or company, and which is commonly used
    >| in the market.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.memeverse.com/2008/03/30/...-vs-the-ooxml/

    So what did Jesper really think he was doing, then?

  3. Re: [News] Denmark Doesn't Care About ISO, Still Weighing ODF

    ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 31 March 2008 10:49 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> Denmark: OOXML Vote Won't Affect Public Sector
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Denmark's public sector will not be affected if Microsoft's latest file
    >>| format is rejected or accepted by the International Organization for
    >>| Standardization (ISO), a government official said Wednesday.
    >> `----

    http://www.cio.com/article/188850/De..._Public_Sector

    >> Free Market vs the OOXML
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Supporting open standards does not equate to supporting standards for which
    >>| ISO said are standards. It means supporting technologies which were
    >>| designed to be fully interoperable, compatible and transparently documented
    >>| so as to be fitting for use by a large number of people without forming a
    >>| situation of lock-in to a particular company. An open standard is a
    >>| technology whose inner workings are completely transparent and whose use
    >>| does not constitute dependance on any particular product or company, and
    >>| which is commonly used in the market.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.memeverse.com/2008/03/30/...-vs-the-ooxml/
    >>

    > So what did Jesper really think he was doing, then?

    Defending his partners. They offer each other 'protection'. By the way, Denmark
    is still under investigation, so perhaps someone will come knock on the door
    of his company. The problem is that Microsoft has corrupted so many countries
    simultaneously (with evidence) that human capacity is too limited to be
    effective. The 'mainstream' press hardly talks about, but luckily the
    prominence of the press, especially on the Internet, is declining.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Reversi for free: http://othellomaster.com