software interrupt - Linux

This is a discussion on software interrupt - Linux ; On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:42:22 GMT, zentara wrote: >On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:49:57 +0530, Himanshu Chauhan > wrote: >> >>My problem is not timer. But context. I want to know the context. There >>can be several timers running ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 42 of 42

  1. Re: software interrupt

    wrote:

    >On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:49:57 +0530, Himanshu Chauhan
    > wrote:
    >>
    >>My problem is not timer. But context. I want to know the context. There
    >>can be several timers running in an application each with different
    >>timeouts. Without using globals how do you get a context? Timers don't
    >>have context and from Zentara's code it looks like glib timeout callback
    >>doesn't have it either!
    >>
    >>--Himanshu

    >Does this help with context ?
    >http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc.../MainLoop.html
    >
    >zentara

    I came across this little tutorial explaining how to use context
    in a glib mainloop. It's a bit beyond my skill level, but it looks
    like what you are after. Explains context, timers, io, and threads.
    http://xfc.xfce.org/docs/howto/html/mainloop.html

    zentara

    http://zentara.net/japh.html

  2. Re: software interrupt