sc (Spreadsheet Calculator) - Linux

This is a discussion on sc (Spreadsheet Calculator) - Linux ; Tim Smith wrote: > Linonut wrote: >> >> I suggest you not be such a pompous, condescending, patronizing, >> supercilious ass. > >When someone questions 2+2=4, condescension, etc., is the correct >response. Timmy, I always suspected that you were missing ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: sc (Spreadsheet Calculator)

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >> I suggest you not be such a pompous, condescending, patronizing,
    >> supercilious ass.

    >When someone questions 2+2=4, condescension, etc., is the correct
    >response.

    Timmy, I always suspected that you were missing some neural
    connections somewhere, and now you've confirmed it.

    >> Such hubris will get you into trouble .

    >I'm willing to take the risk of a bit of hubris over my belief that
    >2+2=4. :-)

    God damn, you are stupid.

  2. Re: sc (Spreadsheet Calculator)

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Gregory Shearman

    wrote
    on Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:27:54 +1100
    <2149932.xENCL4tFvj@netscape.net>:
    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Brandon Sheckly peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> "Linonut" wrote in message

    >>> bc - Basic calculator.
    >>>
    >>> brandon@cigar:~$ bc
    >>> bc 1.06
    >>> Copyright 1991-1994, 1997, 1998, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    >>> This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    >>> For details type `warranty'.
    >>> 2+2
    >>> 4
    >>> quit

    >> That's an out-of-date version, TT.
    >>

    > Is it?
    >
    > That's the latest version for Gentoo x86 stable.

    The latest version appears to be
    /usr/portage/sys-devel/bc/bc-1.06.95.ebuild (=bc-1.06.95),
    and supercedes 1.06-r6. But really, I doubt this thing
    has changed since the early days of the second term of
    the Clinton Administration. :-)

    The question might be whether it really needs to.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows. Multi-platform(1), multi-tasking(1), multi-user(1).
    (1) if one defines "multi" as "exactly one".

  3. Re: sc (Spreadsheet Calculator)

    * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Gregory Shearman
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>> * Brandon Sheckly peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> That's an out-of-date version, TT.

    > The latest version appears to be
    > /usr/portage/sys-devel/bc/bc-1.06.95.ebuild (=bc-1.06.95),

    I found another couple of console spreadsheets:

    slsc -- an S-lang derivative of sc. Adds color by default, but mungs
    up the keystroke mappings.

    oleo -- A GNU/Emacs-style version of sc. I found it a little
    difficult to figure out.

    I still prefer sc. Also, sc will let you save in a few formats. The
    most interesting one is the default, which saves the spreadsheet as a
    very readable script of commands.

    --
    I wish I wasn't ... There's nothing good that comes out of that. You get more
    visibility as a result of it.

  4. Re: sc (Spreadsheet Calculator)

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Gregory Shearman
    >
    > wrote
    > on Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:27:54 +1100
    > <2149932.xENCL4tFvj@netscape.net>:
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Brandon Sheckly peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> That's an out-of-date version, TT.
    >>>

    >> Is it?
    >>
    >> That's the latest version for Gentoo x86 stable.
    >>

    > The latest version appears to be
    > /usr/portage/sys-devel/bc/bc-1.06.95.ebuild (=bc-1.06.95),
    > and supercedes 1.06-r6. But really, I doubt this thing
    > has changed since the early days of the second term of
    > the Clinton Administration. :-)

    1.06.95 is masked for x86 stable, or it appears to be on my systems.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power