Linux: I wasted 4 days and all I got was this locked up system - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: I wasted 4 days and all I got was this locked up system - Linux ; Mark Kent wrote: > William Poaster espoused: >> RonB wrote: >> >>> amicus_curious wrote: >>> >>>> So chrisv here thinks that his superior intellect's failure to achieve >>>> success is proof of the general population's lack of hope. *Will anyone ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 69 of 69

  1. Re: Linux: I wasted 4 days and all I got was this locked up system

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > William Poaster espoused:
    >> RonB wrote:

    >>> I'll give a hearty BULL**** to you, lying troll.
    >>>

    >> amicus_curious aka billwg is Bill Weisgerber.
    >> Google for Bill Weisgerber and you will see that this troll has done
    >> his shill service for MS for years, always in the same *extremely* dishonest
    >> way.

    > This begs an interesting question: Is it possible to shill in an honest
    > way?

    I would think not. So really that's tautology, isn't it. :-)

    --
    Mandriva - 2008.1 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: Linux: I wasted 4 days and all I got was this locked up system

    amicus_curious wrote:

    > So all you have to show is an assertion? *Microsoft has more credibility
    > than you, you know.

    Oh, *sure* it does... (wink, wink).

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  3. Re: Linux: I wasted 4 days and all I got was this locked up system

    amicus_curious wrote:

    > wrote in message
    >> --
    >> Yeah, I drank the Open Source cool-aid... Unlike the other brand, it had
    >> all the ingredients on the label.

    > Are you sure it was cool-aid? From your descriptions, it seems more likely
    > to be bull****.

    You still going on about my sig line? Haven't you ripped on it in about
    half a dozen posts now? Sorry it bugs you so much. I promise I'll
    change it... as soon as MS releases Windows under the GPL.

    Thad
    all the ingredients on the label.

  4. Re: Linux: I wasted 4 days and all I got was this locked up system

    Hadron wrote:

    > And as usual from Marti's "hottest guy in COLA", all we have is his
    > "word". Yeah right. Time for another desert heat perm and quiff
    > Vamp. Stick it on your "Marketing Director" expense account. LOL.

    You're fast becoming the biggest bitch in the newsgroup.

    What's the matter, Moshe pull out early? LOL
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Cross the river THEN insult the alligators.

    Good to the last supper

  5. Re: Linux: I wasted 4 days and all I got was this locked up system

    * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >> So all you have to show is an assertion? *Microsoft has more credibility
    >> than you, you know.

    > Oh, *sure* it does... (wink, wink).

    http://www.itworld.com/Tech/2421/mic...ecline-080328/

    Study sees Microsoft brand in sharp decline
    IDG News Service 3/28/08

    Microsoft's brand power has been in sharp decline over the past four
    years, an indication the company is losing credibility and mindshare
    with U.S. business users, according to a recent study by market
    research firm CoreBrand.

    amicus will, of course, try to sugar-coat this news.

    That's his job, that's what he does.

    --
    Gary Kildall was one of the original pioneers of the PC revolution. He was a
    very creative computer scientist who did excellent work. Although we were

  6. Re: Linux: I wasted 4 days and all I got was this locked up system

    thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:

    > amicus_curious wrote:
    >>
    >> wrote in message
    >>> --
    >>> Yeah, I drank the Open Source cool-aid... Unlike the other brand, it had
    >>> all the ingredients on the label.

    >> Are you sure it was cool-aid? From your descriptions, it seems more likely
    >> to be bull****.

    > You still going on about my sig line? Haven't you ripped on it in about
    > half a dozen posts now? Sorry it bugs you so much. I promise I'll
    > change it... as soon as MS releases Windows under the GPL.

    Well amicus_curious aka Bill Weisgerber is a fine one to talk about bull****, as
    that's all he does on behalf of M$.
    Traits:
    * Microsoft apologist
    * Habitual liar
    * Thinks 'LOL!!!' makes his puerile posts credible
    * Repeats the same lies even when proven to be lies
    * Windbag

    --
    Mandriva - 2008.1 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Linux: I wasted 4 days and all I got was this locked up system

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> And as usual from Marti's "hottest guy in COLA", all we have is his
    >> "word". Yeah right. Time for another desert heat perm and quiff
    >> Vamp. Stick it on your "Marketing Director" expense account. LOL.

    >You're fast becoming the biggest bitch in the newsgroup.
    >
    >What's the matter, Moshe pull out early? LOL

    LMAO

    Can you imagine those two courting? "Oh, you're also a snotty little
    wanker who gets-off by lying and pestering his moral superiors? We
    have so much in common!"

  8. Re: Linux: I wasted 4 days and all I got was this locked up system

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    news:61pIj.23821$Er2.13554@bignews6.bellsouth.net. ..

    > amicus will, of course, try to sugar-coat this news.
    >
    > That's his job, that's what he does.

    Well, it is not really my job at all. My job is point out where you
    nincompoops have a wrong view of things. As to the Microsoft brand, your
    reference is somewhat off the beam in that Microsoft is the second most
    recognized brand in the software and computer side of life. They were #1,
    it is true, but that was when .COM was all the rage. Other tech brands have
    suffered far more than Mr. Softee's own. You could look for Red Hat,
    Ubuntu, SUSE, and such, but you will not find them in any position. As a
    rule it is the brand with the higher recognition that succeeds in a market
    segment, so as long as they are higher than Linux brands, they will continue
    to win in the computer and software space.

  9. Re: Linux: I wasted 4 days and all I got was this locked up system

    On 2008-04-01, amicus_curious wrote:

    > "Linonut" wrote in message
    > news:61pIj.23821$Er2.13554@bignews6.bellsouth.net. ..
    >>
    >> amicus will, of course, try to sugar-coat this news.
    >>
    >> That's his job, that's what he does.
    >>

    > Well, it is not really my job at all. My job is point out where you
    > nincompoops have a wrong view of things. As to the Microsoft brand, your
    > reference is somewhat off the beam in that Microsoft is the second most
    > recognized brand in the software and computer side of life. They were #1,

    Most people know who Hitler and Ghengis Khan are too.

    Being recognized isn't always necessarily a good thing.

    Enron and Worldcom are also well known.

    [deletia]

    Enron is probably the most well known company of it's type too.

    --

    Metallica is not worth the ruination of someone |||
    who has pirated their music / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4