Linux: two open windows = hard freeze - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: two open windows = hard freeze - Linux ; "issues here as well. I just installed Gutsy on my macbook, it was all running very good until about an hour ago. Now, as soon as i boot and login in, if I open more than one window, it locks ...

  1. Linux: two open windows = hard freeze

    "issues here as well. I just installed Gutsy on my macbook, it was all
    running very good until about an hour ago. Now, as soon as i boot and login
    in, if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can move the
    mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power button to
    reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the sound working. 4
    days for nothing, please help!"

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63

  2. Re: Linux: two open windows = hard freeze

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 01:59:55 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > "issues here as well. I just installed Gutsy on my macbook, it was all
    > running very good until about an hour ago. Now, as soon as i boot and
    > login in, if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can
    > move the mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power
    > button to reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the
    > sound working. 4 days for nothing, please help!"
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63

    So what?

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Linux: two open windows = hard freeze

    "DFS" wrote in message
    news:sYkHj.27499$rC6.3717@bignews4.bellsouth.net.. .

    > "issues here as well. I just installed Gutsy on my macbook,

    The person sounds like an idiot. Who in their right mind would replace a
    great OS like OSX with amateur slopware like linux.

    > it was all running very good until about an hour ago.

    "Running good" means it didn't crash yet which is about the best you can
    expect from linux.

    > Now, as soon as i boot and login in, if I open more than one window, it
    > locks up, completely!

    At least it's able to make it past the boot process. Most of the different
    800 distros lockup before they ever make it to the login screen.

    > I can move the mouse around but that's it!

    At least his mouse is supported. Linux is basically command line oriented
    where the user needs to memorize archane and difficult console commands in
    order to do anything.

    > I have to push and hold the power button to reboot.

    Linux is probably damaging his hardware every time it boots.

    > This sucks, big time,

    It'll get worse if he's ever able to launch one of those "kwalitee" linux
    apps.

    > I just got everything but the sound working. 4 days for nothing, please
    > help!"

    based and is useless.

    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63

  4. Re: Linux: two open windows = hard freeze

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:07:04 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "DFS" wrote in message
    > news:sYkHj.27499$rC6.3717@bignews4.bellsouth.net.. .
    >
    >> "issues here as well. I just installed Gutsy on my macbook,

    > The person sounds like an idiot. Who in their right mind would replace a
    > great OS like OSX with amateur slopware like linux.

    (snip)

    .... no need to read anthing else. You're just an ignorant anti-Linux
    bigot.

    BTW, who would install Linux?

    Check the OSen that run on the top 20 supercomputer clusters. Get back to
    us.

    Check the OS that is run by the City of Largo. Get back to us.

    Check how many Hollywood studios use Linux. Get back to us.

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: Linux: two open windows = hard freeze

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:07:04 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "DFS" wrote in message
    > news:sYkHj.27499$rC6.3717@bignews4.bellsouth.net.. .
    >
    >> "issues here as well. I just installed Gutsy on my macbook,

    > The person sounds like an idiot. Who in their right mind would replace a
    > great OS like OSX with amateur slopware like linux.

    A typical Linux advocate.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: Linux: two open windows = hard freeze

  7. Re: Linux: two open windows = hard freeze

    On 2008-03-29, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "DFS" wrote in message
    > news:sYkHj.27499$rC6.3717@bignews4.bellsouth.net.. .
    >
    >> "issues here as well. I just installed Gutsy on my macbook,

    > The person sounds like an idiot. Who in their right mind would replace a
    > great OS like OSX with amateur slopware like linux.

    It runs fine on my minis. It also does well on my "cheapest available"
    compaq box and my 5+ year old laptop. It sounds like the spiffy new Mac
    has a manufacturing defect.

    My 5+ year old laptop does better than that and it's on deathwatch.

    [deletia]

    --
    NO! There are no CODICILES of Fight Club! |||
    / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

+ Reply to Thread