Linux: reinstall seems to be the only option - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: reinstall seems to be the only option - Linux ; "Well, a few days I got fed up with the crashing and started using the "nv" driver. It was doing really well until just now, when it froze up exactly how it did with the nvidia driver. I'm starting to ...

  1. Linux: reinstall seems to be the only option

    "Well, a few days I got fed up with the crashing and started using the "nv"
    driver. It was doing really well until just now, when it froze up exactly
    how it did with the nvidia driver. I'm starting to think it's a problem with
    the flash plugin, not with nvidia, or ati, or the kernel. It's probably
    flash and the wrapper used to get it working on 64 bit. Also, over the past
    few days I've noticed more and more memory being used, while having the same
    amount of programs running. Something is eating all of my memory, then
    killing my computer. I really hate the idea of doing another OS install, but
    it seems to be my only option left."

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=33

    huh? Lying cola lusers have whined for years that reinstalls are a solution
    only to Windows problems.

  2. Re: Linux: reinstall seems to be the only option

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 01:21:06 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > "Well, a few days I got fed up with the crashing and started using the "nv"
    > driver. It was doing really well until just now, when it froze up exactly
    > how it did with the nvidia driver. I'm starting to think it's a problem with
    > the flash plugin, not with nvidia, or ati, or the kernel. It's probably
    > flash and the wrapper used to get it working on 64 bit. Also, over the past
    > few days I've noticed more and more memory being used, while having the same
    > amount of programs running. Something is eating all of my memory, then
    > killing my computer. I really hate the idea of doing another OS install, but
    > it seems to be my only option left."
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=33
    >
    > huh? Lying cola lusers have whined for years that reinstalls are a solution
    > only to Windows problems.

    Linux, when your time has no value.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Linux: reinstall seems to be the only option

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups

+ Reply to Thread