Microsoft brand is in deep decline - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft brand is in deep decline - Linux ; http://news.yahoo.com/s/macworld/200...insharpdecline Microsoft's brand power has been in sharp decline over the past four years, an indication the company is losing credibility and mindshare with U.S. business users, according to a recent study by market research firm CoreBrand. ADVERTISEMENT According to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68

Thread: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

  1. Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/macworld/200...insharpdecline

    Microsoft's brand power has been in sharp decline over the past four
    years, an indication the company is losing credibility and mindshare
    with U.S. business users, according to a recent study by market
    research firm CoreBrand.
    ADVERTISEMENT

    According to the CoreBrand Power 100 2007 study, which polled about
    12,000 U.S. business decision-makers, Microsoft dropped from number 12
    in the ranking of the most powerful U.S. company brands in 2004 to
    number 59 last year. In 1996, the company ranked number 1 in brand
    power among 1,200 top companies in about 50 industries, said James
    Gregory, CEO of CoreBrand.

    CoreBrand measures brand power using four criteria. It first rates the
    familiarity of a company's brand. Once a company has a certain level
    of familiarity, they are ranked according to three "attributes of
    favorability": overall reputation, perception of management and
    investment potential, Gregory said. While Microsoft's brand is still
    eminently recognizable, the company is declining in all three
    favorable attributes, he said.

    Gregory said that a decline in and of itself is not indicative that a
    company is losing its mindshare or reputation among
    customers. However, what's significant in Microsoft's case is that the
    decline has been consistent over a number of years, and has plunged
    dramatically in a brief time.

    "When you see something decline with increasing velocity, it's a
    concern," he said.

    Among its peers in the category of Computers, Peripherals and Computer
    Software, Microsoft is second to IBM in brand power, with Toshiba a
    close third, Gregory said. If Microsoft's downward trend continues,
    Toshiba could pass it in brand power next year, he said.

    Gregory could only speculate as to why Microsoft's reputation has been
    declining, since his firm does not ask people that specific
    question. He said the "underwhelming" response to Windows Vista might
    be one reason, and Apple's clever "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" advertising
    campaign -- which paints Windows in an unfavorable light -- may be
    another.

    IBM suffered a "much faster and more severe" decline in brand power in
    the early 1990s, Gregory said, and it took them 10 years to rebuild
    the brand's reputation. To stage a similar turnaround, Microsoft must
    have a clearer vision of the direction in which the company is headed
    and put forth leaders that people can trust to articulate that vision,
    he said.

    Microsoft, which has been diversifying its business beyond packaged
    software in the past several years, has struggled to articulate how
    the many facets of its business -- software, entertainment and online
    among them -- show a cohesive business plan. The company has been
    trying to clarify at least one of those strategies -- its online
    advertising business -- with new services and a bid to purchase
    Yahoo. However, Gregory suggested it may take more than that to raise
    the perception of its brand.

  2. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline



    Ignoramus17370 wrote:snip
    > Microsoft's brand power has been in sharp decline over the past four
    > years, an indication the company is losing credibility and mindshare

    snip

    I am not sure they are loosing business but I do think they may be
    loosing some credibility. I think that is Linux becomes fully
    supported by the hardware mfg and there becomes a standard installation
    routine that all of the packagers accept that Microsoft will become
    very aware quickly that their present way of doing business will have to
    change or they will be hurt in the pocketbook.

  3. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    Ignoramus17370 wrote:

    > According to the CoreBrand Power 100 2007 study, which polled about
    > 12,000 U.S. business decision-makers, Microsoft dropped from number 12
    > in the ranking of the most powerful U.S. company brands in 2004 to
    > number 59 last year. In 1996, the company ranked number 1 in brand
    > power among 1,200 top companies in about 50 industries, said James
    > Gregory, CEO of CoreBrand.


    Microsoft can't afford not to worry about Linux.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  4. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    measekite wrote:

    > I am not sure they are loosing business but I do think they may be
    > loosing some credibility. ¬*I think that is ¬*Linux becomes fully
    > supported by the hardware mfg and there becomes a standard installation
    > routine ¬*that all of the packagers accept that Microsoft will become
    > very aware quickly that their present way of doing business will have to
    > change or they will be hurt in the pocketbook.


    It doesn't appear that Microsoft is capable of changing direction very
    quickly any longer. Too big and bloated. Think Titantic -- if it wasn't so
    big and unwieldy it probably could have avoided the iceberg.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  5. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    RonB wrote:
    > Ignoramus17370 wrote:
    >
    >> According to the CoreBrand Power 100 2007 study, which polled about
    >> 12,000 U.S. business decision-makers, Microsoft dropped from number
    >> 12 in the ranking of the most powerful U.S. company brands in 2004 to
    >> number 59 last year. In 1996, the company ranked number 1 in brand
    >> power among 1,200 top companies in about 50 industries, said James
    >> Gregory, CEO of CoreBrand.

    >
    > Microsoft can't afford not to worry about Linux.


    Linux can't afford to buy a TV ad.




  6. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    measekite wrote:

    > I am not sure they are losing business but I do think they may be
    > losing some credibility.


    They are losing both - "market penetration" of M$ in (for example) China is
    effectively zero. China is possibly the /biggest/ market on the planet.
    Now that Dell, HP, Asus and many other manufacturers have told M$ that
    they're not going to comply with the illegally restrictive marketing
    methods that M$ have hitherto employed.

    The biggest selling laptop on the planet right now (the Asus EEE) runs
    Xandros Linux. This was a deliberate decision - partly because it made the
    product much cheaper without the M$ licence, and partly because the Xandros
    OS just works better on that hardware.

    M$ have lost /any/ credibility they ever had - probably with the release of
    Windoze 2000 - when those of us "in the know" realised that it was the same
    old 1991 kernel with new eyecandy added on top. XP was found to be the
    same thing yet again, and Vista just took XP and added DRM.

    Vista has been shown to be totally unsuitable for any serious business use
    (there goes 60% of their market) and has the same old vulnerabilities,
    instabilities and outrageous price.

    Even M$ admit that Vista's a dog, and have brought forward the release
    of "Windows 7" by two years. /This/ version will be largely "bought in",
    as M$ no longer employ any useful programmers - their staff are great at
    meetings, but incapable of doing any real, useful work. M$ are having to
    buy in the kernel, HAL, I/O and much of the rest of the core of the
    OS. /Many/ companies have refused to assist M$ at /any/ price!

    C.



  7. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    ____/ RonB on Saturday 29 March 2008 06:09 : \____

    > Ignoramus17370 wrote:
    >
    >> According to the CoreBrand Power 100 2007 study, which polled about
    >> 12,000 U.S. business decision-makers, Microsoft dropped from number 12
    >> in the ranking of the most powerful U.S. company brands in 2004 to
    >> number 59 last year. In 1996, the company ranked number 1 in brand
    >> power among 1,200 top companies in about 50 industries, said James
    >> Gregory, CEO of CoreBrand.

    >
    > Microsoft can't afford not to worry about Linux.


    They will face the fact that software gradually becomes a commodity. It's
    already the case with 'Web databases' and CMSs, for instance.

    Microsoft will have to drop the "soft" from the brand and try to evolve with
    something like "Zune" (Oh lordy!).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | GPL - Global Programmer's Law
    http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT GNU/Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    run-level 2 2008-03-19 11:51 last=
    http://iuron.com - help build a non-profit search engine

  8. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    * Ignoramus17370 peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/macworld/200...insharpdecline
    >
    > According to the CoreBrand Power 100 2007 study, which polled about
    > 12,000 U.S. business decision-makers, Microsoft dropped from number 12
    > in the ranking of the most powerful U.S. company brands in 2004 to
    > number 59 last year. In 1996, the company ranked number 1 in brand
    > power among 1,200 top companies in about 50 industries, said James
    > Gregory, CEO of CoreBrand.


    Ouch.

    > IBM suffered a "much faster and more severe" decline in brand power in
    > the early 1990s, Gregory said, and it took them 10 years to rebuild
    > the brand's reputation. To stage a similar turnaround, Microsoft must
    > have a clearer vision of the direction in which the company is headed
    > and put forth leaders that people can trust to articulate that vision,
    > he said.


    Microsoft would have it even worse if the conventional media were doing
    its job of reporting. They're apparently too busy covering Spears and
    Spitzer.

    --
    I believe that if you show people the problems and you show them the
    solutions they will be moved to act.
    -- Bill Gates

  9. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    Ignoramus17370 wrote:

    > IBM suffered a "much faster and more severe" decline in brand power in
    > the early 1990s, Gregory said, and it took them 10 years to rebuild
    > the brand's reputation. To stage a similar turnaround, Microsoft must
    > have a clearer vision of the direction in which the company is headed
    > and put forth leaders that people can trust to articulate that vision,
    > he said.
    >

    What's wrong with Monkey Boy as the leader? Wouldn't you buy something from
    this guy?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL4hyATkQ74

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

    Francis (Frank) adds a new "gadget" to his Vista box ...
    Download it here: http://tinyurl.com/2hnof6



  10. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    * Christopher Hunter peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > M$ have lost /any/ credibility they ever had - probably with the release of
    > Windoze 2000 - when those of us "in the know" realised that it was the same
    > old 1991 kernel with new eyecandy added on top.


    I don't buy that, at all. The NT kernel has gotten better and better
    from 1991 until now. No progress in 17 years? I'm not believing it.

    > XP was found to be the same thing yet again, and Vista just took XP
    > and added DRM.


    XP is the asymptote of NT, I think, where, after a lot of work, it gets
    as good as it can get. Not without some annoying problems, but very
    useable. (Nonetheless, I'm not an XP fan, at all. But you knew that.)

    Vista is what happens when you refactor. And the refactoring was by no
    means comprehensive, as Microsoft found that they /just couldn't do it/.

    --
    Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the
    coffee shop and go to jobs.
    -- Bill Gates

  11. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Microsoft will have to drop the "soft" from the brand and try to evolve with
    > something like "Zune" (Oh lordy!).


    M$ will never catch the iPod.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    There are more Baroque musicians than any other kind.

  12. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    "DFS" writes:

    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >
    > We can always count on Chris Hunter for some howlers.
    >
    >
    >> They are losing both - "market penetration" of M$ in (for example)
    >> China is effectively zero. China is possibly the /biggest/ market on
    >> the planet. Now that Dell, HP, Asus and many other manufacturers have
    >> told M$ that they're not going to comply with the illegally
    >> restrictive marketing methods that M$ have hitherto employed.

    >
    > Did they now? We missed the memo.
    >
    >
    >
    >> The biggest selling laptop on the planet right now (the Asus EEE) runs
    >> Xandros Linux. This was a deliberate decision - partly because it
    >> made the product much cheaper without the M$ licence, and partly
    >> because the Xandros OS just works better on that hardware.

    >
    > According to Asus, the public demands Windows on the EeePC.
    >
    > http://blog.laptopmag.com/eee-pc-to-...style#more-544
    >
    > It's nothing new - the world has always chosen "expensive" Windows over free
    > Linux.


    Crikey. You're right.

    ,----
    | Will you be sticking with the Xandros operating system for future Eee
    | PCs that aren’t running Windows?
    |
    | I think most of the people are demanding a form of Windows, but others
    | appreciate the Linux. We will stick with both and we will continue to
    | work with Xandros for the Linux operating system.
    `----

    Christopher Hunter is another one of those "I can do it better"
    types. Constantly showing off how he used to work for .... MS!

    Himself and Richard Rasker should share a room and compare war
    stories. They could invite Liarnut along to bore them to tears with
    stuff like "different programmers program at different rates" and "vim
    meets my needs".

  13. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    We can always count on Chris Hunter for some howlers.


    > They are losing both - "market penetration" of M$ in (for example)
    > China is effectively zero. China is possibly the /biggest/ market on
    > the planet. Now that Dell, HP, Asus and many other manufacturers have
    > told M$ that they're not going to comply with the illegally
    > restrictive marketing methods that M$ have hitherto employed.


    Did they now? We missed the memo.



    > The biggest selling laptop on the planet right now (the Asus EEE) runs
    > Xandros Linux. This was a deliberate decision - partly because it
    > made the product much cheaper without the M$ licence, and partly
    > because the Xandros OS just works better on that hardware.


    According to Asus, the public demands Windows on the EeePC.

    http://blog.laptopmag.com/eee-pc-to-...style#more-544

    It's nothing new - the world has always chosen "expensive" Windows over free
    Linux.




    > M$ have lost /any/ credibility they ever had - probably with the
    > release of Windoze 2000 - when those of us "in the know"


    Yeah, you and 8 other disgruntled turkeys.



    > realised
    > that it was the same old 1991 kernel with new eyecandy added on top.
    > XP was found to be the same thing yet again, and Vista just took XP
    > and added DRM.


    And dozens of other features and apps and new technologies


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature..._Windows_Vista
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technic..._Windows_Vista
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securit..._Windows_Vista
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...g_technologies
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...O_technologies
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Managem..._Windows_Vista



    > Vista has been shown to be totally unsuitable for any serious
    > business use (there goes 60% of their market)


    Do you have to be so stupidly wrong about everything you say?
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/...fastest_1.html



    > and has the same old
    > vulnerabilities, instabilities and outrageous price.


    Lie on the vulnerabilities,
    http://blogs.csoonline.com/windows_v...ability_report
    http://secunia.com/product/13223/?task=advisories


    Lie on the instabilities:
    Results 1 - 10 of about 731 for "Vista is more stable than XP"
    Results 1 - 10 of 10 for "Vista is less stable than XP"


    Lie on the price.
    Vista Home Premium SP1 upgrade, $95,
    http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Vista-...6779634&sr=8-2

    XP Pro SP2 upgrade, $199,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16837116196


    Lie lie lie lie lie... it's the "advocate" way



    > Even M$ admit that Vista's a dog,


    It's a veritable breed champ compared to the Linux mutt.



    > and have brought forward the release
    > of "Windows 7" by two years.


    Sure to be another big hit among the public, just like most Microsoft
    operating systems since 1990.



    > /This/ version will be largely "bought
    > in", as M$ no longer employ any useful programmers


    "...SharePoint ...had attracted 17,000 user companies, and eclipsed $1
    billion in sales..."

    "Late last year, an IDC survey of 300 users found 61% were deploying
    SharePoint enterprise-wide"

    http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...nt.html?page=1

    One MS software product generates $1 billion in sales. It makes the puny
    Linux/OSS universe look like peanuts.




    > - their staff are
    > great at meetings, but incapable of doing any real, useful work.


    Is that why they fired you?



    > M$ are having to buy in the kernel, HAL, I/O and much of the rest of the
    > core of the OS.


    Prove any one of these lies, let alone all of them.



    > /Many/ companies have refused to assist M$ at /any/ price!


    How many? Which many?


    You were wrong or lied about everything in this post, as usual.
    Now run away, as usual.






  14. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:46:47 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >
    > We can always count on Chris Hunter for some howlers.
    >
    >
    >> They are losing both - "market penetration" of M$ in (for example)
    >> China is effectively zero. China is possibly the /biggest/ market on
    >> the planet. Now that Dell, HP, Asus and many other manufacturers have
    >> told M$ that they're not going to comply with the illegally
    >> restrictive marketing methods that M$ have hitherto employed.

    >
    > Did they now? We missed the memo.
    >
    >
    >
    >> The biggest selling laptop on the planet right now (the Asus EEE) runs
    >> Xandros Linux. This was a deliberate decision - partly because it
    >> made the product much cheaper without the M$ licence, and partly
    >> because the Xandros OS just works better on that hardware.

    >
    > According to Asus, the public demands Windows on the EeePC.
    >
    > http://blog.laptopmag.com/eee-pc-to-...style#more-544
    >
    > It's nothing new - the world has always chosen "expensive" Windows over free
    > Linux.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >> M$ have lost /any/ credibility they ever had - probably with the
    >> release of Windoze 2000 - when those of us "in the know"

    >
    > Yeah, you and 8 other disgruntled turkeys.
    >
    >
    >
    >> realised
    >> that it was the same old 1991 kernel with new eyecandy added on top.
    >> XP was found to be the same thing yet again, and Vista just took XP
    >> and added DRM.

    >
    > And dozens of other features and apps and new technologies
    >
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature..._Windows_Vista
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technic..._Windows_Vista
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securit..._Windows_Vista
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...g_technologies
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...O_technologies
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Managem..._Windows_Vista
    >
    >
    >
    >> Vista has been shown to be totally unsuitable for any serious
    >> business use (there goes 60% of their market)

    >
    > Do you have to be so stupidly wrong about everything you say?
    > http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/...fastest_1.html
    >
    >
    >
    >> and has the same old
    >> vulnerabilities, instabilities and outrageous price.

    >
    > Lie on the vulnerabilities,
    > http://blogs.csoonline.com/windows_v...ability_report
    > http://secunia.com/product/13223/?task=advisories
    >
    >
    > Lie on the instabilities:
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 731 for "Vista is more stable than XP"
    > Results 1 - 10 of 10 for "Vista is less stable than XP"
    >
    >
    > Lie on the price.
    > Vista Home Premium SP1 upgrade, $95,
    > http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Vista-...6779634&sr=8-2
    >
    > XP Pro SP2 upgrade, $199,
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16837116196
    >
    >
    > Lie lie lie lie lie... it's the "advocate" way
    >
    >
    >
    >> Even M$ admit that Vista's a dog,

    >
    > It's a veritable breed champ compared to the Linux mutt.
    >
    >
    >
    >> and have brought forward the release
    >> of "Windows 7" by two years.

    >
    > Sure to be another big hit among the public, just like most Microsoft
    > operating systems since 1990.
    >
    >
    >
    >> /This/ version will be largely "bought
    >> in", as M$ no longer employ any useful programmers

    >
    > "...SharePoint ...had attracted 17,000 user companies, and eclipsed $1
    > billion in sales..."
    >
    > "Late last year, an IDC survey of 300 users found 61% were deploying
    > SharePoint enterprise-wide"
    >
    > http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...nt.html?page=1
    >
    > One MS software product generates $1 billion in sales. It makes the puny
    > Linux/OSS universe look like peanuts.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >> - their staff are
    >> great at meetings, but incapable of doing any real, useful work.

    >
    > Is that why they fired you?
    >
    >
    >
    >> M$ are having to buy in the kernel, HAL, I/O and much of the rest of the
    >> core of the OS.

    >
    > Prove any one of these lies, let alone all of them.
    >
    >
    >
    >> /Many/ companies have refused to assist M$ at /any/ price!

    >
    > How many? Which many?
    >
    >
    > You were wrong or lied about everything in this post, as usual.
    > Now run away, as usual.


    A Linux advocate lying?

    Impossible!!!!



    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:55:29 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > "DFS" writes:
    >
    >> Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >>
    >> We can always count on Chris Hunter for some howlers.
    >>
    >>
    >>> They are losing both - "market penetration" of M$ in (for example)
    >>> China is effectively zero. China is possibly the /biggest/ market on
    >>> the planet. Now that Dell, HP, Asus and many other manufacturers have
    >>> told M$ that they're not going to comply with the illegally
    >>> restrictive marketing methods that M$ have hitherto employed.

    >>
    >> Did they now? We missed the memo.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>> The biggest selling laptop on the planet right now (the Asus EEE) runs
    >>> Xandros Linux. This was a deliberate decision - partly because it
    >>> made the product much cheaper without the M$ licence, and partly
    >>> because the Xandros OS just works better on that hardware.

    >>
    >> According to Asus, the public demands Windows on the EeePC.
    >>
    >> http://blog.laptopmag.com/eee-pc-to-...style#more-544
    >>
    >> It's nothing new - the world has always chosen "expensive" Windows over free
    >> Linux.

    >
    > Crikey. You're right.
    >
    > ,----
    >| Will you be sticking with the Xandros operating system for future Eee
    >| PCs that arenĘt running Windows?
    >|
    >| I think most of the people are demanding a form of Windows, but others
    >| appreciate the Linux. We will stick with both and we will continue to
    >| work with Xandros for the Linux operating system.
    > `----
    >
    > Christopher Hunter is another one of those "I can do it better"
    > types. Constantly showing off how he used to work for .... MS!
    >
    > Himself and Richard Rasker should share a room and compare war
    > stories. They could invite Liarnut along to bore them to tears with
    > stuff like "different programmers program at different rates" and "vim
    > meets my needs".


    You owe me a virtual glass of wine.
    Mine just went flying!

    Good one!!
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:16:56 GMT, Wes Groleau wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> Microsoft will have to drop the "soft" from the brand and try to evolve with
    >> something like "Zune" (Oh lordy!).

    >
    > M$ will never catch the iPod.


    And where are all these Linux based iPod-like devices we keep hearing
    about?

    The Linux loons keep telling us they are iPod killers....

    Where are they hiding?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 07:00:16 -0700, NoStop wrote:

    > Ignoramus17370 wrote:
    >
    >> IBM suffered a "much faster and more severe" decline in brand power in
    >> the early 1990s, Gregory said, and it took them 10 years to rebuild
    >> the brand's reputation. To stage a similar turnaround, Microsoft must
    >> have a clearer vision of the direction in which the company is headed
    >> and put forth leaders that people can trust to articulate that vision,
    >> he said.
    >>

    > What's wrong with Monkey Boy as the leader? Wouldn't you buy something from
    > this guy?
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL4hyATkQ74
    >
    > Cheers.



    Would you base your business on software written by these guys?

    http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  18. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    measekite wrote:

    > I think that is Linux becomes fully
    > supported by the hardware mfg and there becomes a standard


    another daydreamer...

  19. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 07:00:16 -0700, NoStop wrote:
    >
    >> Ignoramus17370 wrote:
    >>
    >>> IBM suffered a "much faster and more severe" decline in brand power in
    >>> the early 1990s, Gregory said, and it took them 10 years to rebuild
    >>> the brand's reputation. To stage a similar turnaround, Microsoft must
    >>> have a clearer vision of the direction in which the company is headed
    >>> and put forth leaders that people can trust to articulate that vision,
    >>> he said.
    >>>

    >> What's wrong with Monkey Boy as the leader? Wouldn't you buy something
    >> from this guy?
    >>
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL4hyATkQ74
    >>
    >> Cheers.

    >
    >
    > Would you base your business on software written by these guys?
    >
    > http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg
    >

    Certainly BEFORE Monkey Boy. Anyone with half a brain would.

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

    Francis (Frank) adds a new "gadget" to his Vista box ...
    Download it here: http://tinyurl.com/2hnof6



  20. Re: Microsoft brand is in deep decline

    On 2008-03-29, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:16:56 GMT, Wes Groleau wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> Microsoft will have to drop the "soft" from the brand and try to evolve with
    >>> something like "Zune" (Oh lordy!).

    >>
    >> M$ will never catch the iPod.

    >
    > And where are all these Linux based iPod-like devices we keep hearing
    > about?


    I have one and it works very well. It is called Cowon A3 movie
    player. To be more precise, it is my wife's, as I do not watch
    movies. It works great and does not require any software, it looks
    like a USB drive to the host computer.

    My major opposition to iPod is that it requires installing Apple
    spyware.

    When I bought it, I had no idea that it was linux based, it was just a
    birthday present. The only tip that it was linux, was a GPL disclosure
    at the end of the manual and the fact that it played all movie file
    types.

    i

    > The Linux loons keep telling us they are iPod killers....
    >
    > Where are they hiding?
    >


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast