[News] [Rival] Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR - Linux ; Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft plans to sponsor a NASCAR team for the 2008 season in a bid to | boost the profile of its offerings for small businesses. `---- http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss Last week: Microsoft apparently ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 73

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR

    `----

    http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss

    Last week:

    Microsoft apparently hopes that a "Jackass" can up its hip quotient and
    increase market share

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This came to my inbox this morning from a reader who shall remain nameless. I
    | found it sort of interesting.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Perhaps this new campaign is the opening salvo to be launched by Microsoft's
    | newly hired advertising agency, Crispin Porter & Bogusky, the "it" agency of
    | the moment in the advertising world.
    `----

    http://cajunboyinthecity.blogspot.co...t-jackass.html

    Feeling Dumb? Microsoft Says MSN Can Help

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Google's informal code of conduct is 'Don't Be Evil,' a reflection of its
    | commitment to not exploiting its users. But a new Microsoft ad campaign is
    | sending an altogether different message: 'Don't Be Dumb.'
    `----

    http://www.crn.com/software/206905139

    Related:

    WhatsWrongWithU

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The site is targetted to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Korea, with an
    | abrasive attempt at in your face attitude. However, one has to
    | wonder if the whole thing will come off as more than a little insulting.
    `----

    http://www.armchairempire.com/News/?p=187

  2. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Microsoft plans to sponsor a NASCAR team for the 2008 season in a bid
    > | boost the profile of its offerings for small businesses.
    > `----
    >
    > http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss

    Once again the long winded douche-bag Roy Schestowitz proves that he's an
    unemployed ignorant douche-bag with too much spamming time on his hands.
    Wow. How crazy that a company would advertise in one of sports growing
    segments.

    http://www.nascar.com/guides/sponsorship/

    Oh wait... AMD is an official sponsor of Nascar. And so is Coca-Cola. And
    Sony. And hundreds of other companies.

    Roy Schestowitz - When being an idiot isn't enough. He proves to be a
    JACKASS.

  3. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:31:22 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Microsoft plans to sponsor a NASCAR team for the 2008 season in a bid
    >>| boost the profile of its offerings for small businesses.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss
    >>

    > Once again the long winded douche-bag Roy Schestowitz proves that he's an
    > unemployed ignorant douche-bag with too much spamming time on his hands.
    > Wow. How crazy that a company would advertise in one of sports growing
    > segments.
    >
    > http://www.nascar.com/guides/sponsorship/
    >
    > Oh wait... AMD is an official sponsor of Nascar. And so is Coca-Cola. And
    > Sony. And hundreds of other companies.
    >
    > Roy Schestowitz - When being an idiot isn't enough. He proves to be a
    > JACKASS.

    Roy Schestowitz is quickly becoming a total joke.

    I think his server getting hacked was the brick that put him over the
    limit.

    The guy is in need of some serious psychological help, and the sooner the
    better.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:31:22 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Microsoft plans to sponsor a NASCAR team for the 2008 season in a bid
    >>| boost the profile of its offerings for small businesses.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss
    >>

    > Once again the long winded douche-bag Roy Schestowitz proves that he's an
    > unemployed ignorant douche-bag with too much spamming time on his hands.
    > Wow. How crazy that a company would advertise in one of sports growing
    > segments.
    >
    > http://www.nascar.com/guides/sponsorship/
    >
    > Oh wait... AMD is an official sponsor of Nascar. And so is Coca-Cola. And
    > Sony. And hundreds of other companies.
    >
    > Roy Schestowitz - When being an idiot isn't enough. He proves to be a
    > JACKASS.

    Yeah, and not too long ago there was.. A Tux car.

    http://theobromas.blogspot.com/2007/...-indy-500.html

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR

    On 2008-03-28, Roy Schestowitz claimed:
    > Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Microsoft plans to sponsor a NASCAR team for the 2008 season in a bid to
    >| boost the profile of its offerings for small businesses.
    > `----
    >
    > http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss

    Other than a name on the side there will be zero MS anything included
    in the car. Unless it's only to show. It certainly wouldn't run.

    --
    Today is the first day of the rest of the mess.

  6. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    "Erik Funkenbusch" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:31:22 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>> Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss
    >>>

    >> Once again the long winded douche-bag Roy Schestowitz proves that he's
    >> an
    >> unemployed ignorant douche-bag with too much spamming time on his hands.
    >> Wow. How crazy that a company would advertise in one of sports growing
    >> segments.
    >>
    >> http://www.nascar.com/guides/sponsorship/
    >>
    >> Oh wait... AMD is an official sponsor of Nascar. And so is Coca-Cola.
    >> And
    >> Sony. And hundreds of other companies.
    >>
    >> Roy Schestowitz - When being an idiot isn't enough. He proves to be a
    >> JACKASS.

    > Yeah, and not too long ago there was.. A Tux car.
    >
    > http://theobromas.blogspot.com/2007/...-indy-500.html

    The "tux" sponsored car. Schestowitz didn't seem to have an issue with
    that. Too bad the car crashed in the first few laps.

  7. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:06:49 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:31:22 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>> Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss
    >>>

    >> Once again the long winded douche-bag Roy Schestowitz proves that he's an
    >> unemployed ignorant douche-bag with too much spamming time on his hands.
    >> Wow. How crazy that a company would advertise in one of sports growing
    >> segments.
    >>
    >> http://www.nascar.com/guides/sponsorship/
    >>
    >> Oh wait... AMD is an official sponsor of Nascar. And so is Coca-Cola. And
    >> Sony. And hundreds of other companies.
    >>
    >> Roy Schestowitz - When being an idiot isn't enough. He proves to be a
    >> JACKASS.

    > Yeah, and not too long ago there was.. A Tux car.
    >
    > http://theobromas.blogspot.com/2007/...-indy-500.html

    Yea.
    It crashed on the qualifying laps.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

  9. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

  10. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

  11. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

  12. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:59:12 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >>> Once again the long winded douche-bag Roy Schestowitz proves that he's an
    >>> unemployed ignorant douche-bag with too much spamming time on his hands.
    >>> Wow. How crazy that a company would advertise in one of sports growing
    >>> segments.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.nascar.com/guides/sponsorship/
    >>>
    >>> Oh wait... AMD is an official sponsor of Nascar. And so is Coca-Cola. And
    >>> Sony. And hundreds of other companies.
    >>>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz - When being an idiot isn't enough. He proves to be a
    >>> JACKASS.

    >> Yeah, and not too long ago there was.. A Tux car.
    >>
    >> http://theobromas.blogspot.com/2007/...-indy-500.html

    > Huh?

    Roy was criticizing Microsoft for being so desperate that they had to
    sponsor a NASCAR car, yet he was giddy at the thought of a Tux sponsered
    racecar.

  13. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:52:01 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:59:12 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Yeah, and not too long ago there was.. A Tux car.
    >>>
    >>> http://theobromas.blogspot.com/2007/...-indy-500.html

    >> Huh?

    > Roy was criticizing Microsoft for being so desperate that they had to
    > sponsor a NASCAR car, yet he was giddy at the thought of a Tux sponsered
    > racecar.

    I wonder how he felt when the Linux sponsored car crashed?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR

    Sinister Midget espoused:
    > On 2008-03-28, Roy Schestowitz claimed:
    >> Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Microsoft plans to sponsor a NASCAR team for the 2008 season in a bid to
    >>| boost the profile of its offerings for small businesses.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss

    > Other than a name on the side there will be zero MS anything included
    > in the car. Unless it's only to show. It certainly wouldn't run.

    If you were a driver, would you trust MS's engine, braking, gearbox,
    transmission, telemetry, fuel flow, air-flow, temperature, traction
    control, ABS to actually work when you needed it?

  15. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR

    "Sinister Midget" wrote in message
    > On 2008-03-28, Roy Schestowitz claimed:
    >> Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Microsoft plans to sponsor a NASCAR team for the 2008 season in a bid
    >>| boost the profile of its offerings for small businesses.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss

    > Other than a name on the side there will be zero MS anything included
    > in the car. Unless it's only to show. It certainly wouldn't run.

    No **** Sherlock. Guess what... the car won't be built with any products
    from AOL, Coca-Cola, Budweiser, DirectTV, Gillette or M&M's either.

    Duhhh retard. Learn what "sponsorship" actually means you stupid fsck.

    > --
    > Today is the first day of the rest of the mess.

  16. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:59:12 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> Huh?

    > Roy was criticizing Microsoft for being so desperate that they had to
    > sponsor a NASCAR car, yet he was giddy at the thought of a Tux sponsered
    > racecar.

    The first clause, if true, is just silly of Roy. Especially since
    Microsoft makes sure that computers have the decals on them already:

    Designed for Windows XP
    Vista Compatible
    Microsoft Certificate of Authenticity

    However, the second is natural. A grass roots movement to support a car
    and an OS. How cuuuute.

    --
    Sometimes we do get taken by surprise. For example, when the Internet came
    along, we had it as a fifth or sixth priority. It wasn't like somebody told

  17. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR

    ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 29 March 2008 11:35 : \____

    > Sinister Midget espoused:
    >> On 2008-03-28, Roy Schestowitz claimed:
    >>> Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss

    >> Other than a name on the side there will be zero MS anything included
    >> in the car. Unless it's only to show. It certainly wouldn't run.
    >>

    > If you were a driver, would you trust MS's engine, braking, gearbox,
    > transmission, telemetry, fuel flow, air-flow, temperature, traction
    > control, ABS to actually work when you needed it?

    Not even after Service Tire 2.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
    Cpu(s): 25.4%us, 3.7%sy, 1.0%ni, 65.1%id, 4.4%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st

  18. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:31:22 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>> Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss
    >>>

    >> Once again the long winded douche-bag Roy Schestowitz proves that he's
    >> an
    >> unemployed ignorant douche-bag with too much spamming time on his hands.
    >> Wow. How crazy that a company would advertise in one of sports growing
    >> segments.
    >>
    >> http://www.nascar.com/guides/sponsorship/
    >>
    >> Oh wait... AMD is an official sponsor of Nascar. And so is Coca-Cola.
    >> And
    >> Sony. And hundreds of other companies.
    >>
    >> Roy Schestowitz - When being an idiot isn't enough. He proves to be a
    >> JACKASS.

    > Roy Schestowitz is quickly becoming a total joke.
    >
    > I think his server getting hacked was the brick that put him over the
    > limit.
    >
    > The guy is in need of some serious psychological help, and the sooner the
    > better.

    Obviously Roy Schestowitz "looks down" on those beer drinking blue-collar
    NASCAR fans. Advertising on NASCAR is of course very "low-rent" since those
    blue-collar working people are pigs in Roy's view. They aren't nearly as
    sophisticated as those people who read Linux Format magazine.

    Of course Roy Schestowitz hates those blue-collar NASCAR fans. After all,
    "those people" have real jobs and work for a living.

    > --
    > Moshe Goldfarb
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  19. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 08:57:44 -0400, Jamie Winekopf wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:31:22 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >>> Once again the long winded douche-bag Roy Schestowitz proves that he's
    >>> an
    >>> unemployed ignorant douche-bag with too much spamming time on his hands.
    >>> Wow. How crazy that a company would advertise in one of sports growing
    >>> segments.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.nascar.com/guides/sponsorship/
    >>>
    >>> Oh wait... AMD is an official sponsor of Nascar. And so is Coca-Cola.
    >>> And
    >>> Sony. And hundreds of other companies.
    >>>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz - When being an idiot isn't enough. He proves to be a
    >>> JACKASS.

    >> Roy Schestowitz is quickly becoming a total joke.
    >>
    >> I think his server getting hacked was the brick that put him over the
    >> limit.
    >>
    >> The guy is in need of some serious psychological help, and the sooner the
    >> better.

    > Obviously Roy Schestowitz "looks down" on those beer drinking blue-collar
    > NASCAR fans. Advertising on NASCAR is of course very "low-rent" since those
    > blue-collar working people are pigs in Roy's view. They aren't nearly as
    > sophisticated as those people who read Linux Format magazine.
    >
    > Of course Roy Schestowitz hates those blue-collar NASCAR fans. After all,
    > "those people" have real jobs and work for a living.
    >

    >> --
    >> Moshe Goldfarb
    >> Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    >> Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    >> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    Some politician made a comment about NASCAR fans being a little rough
    around the edges and took a lot of grief about it.
    I forget who it was but it was a bout 6 months ago.

    NASCAR is a great family sport where a person and his family can go have a
    great time at a reasonable price and have their kids meet the drivers etc.

    Unlike baseball where the cost is so high and the players are grossly
    overpaid drug addicts.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > NASCAR is a great family sport where a person and his family can go have a
    > great time at a reasonable price and have their kids meet the drivers etc.

    People look upon NASCAR as a "redneck" sport due to its roots in the
    American south and the transport of bootleg liquor. As a southerner, I take
    offense to this, but at the same time I don't support the sport because I'm
    a southerner, ya know? I watch it because I like it. :-)
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

    Owner and proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast