[News] [Rival] Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR - Linux ; On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:21:44 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote: > Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > >> NASCAR is a great family sport where a person and his family can go have a >> great time at a reasonable price and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73

  1. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:21:44 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> NASCAR is a great family sport where a person and his family can go have a
    >> great time at a reasonable price and have their kids meet the drivers etc.

    > People look upon NASCAR as a "redneck" sport due to its roots in the
    > American south and the transport of bootleg liquor. As a southerner, I take
    > offense to this, but at the same time I don't support the sport because I'm
    > a southerner, ya know? I watch it because I like it. :-)

    As a car enthusiast, current car a Mustang GT convertible complete with
    Kenne Bell Twin Screw and some chassis modifications, I like NASCAR.

    It's good clean fun and it's not overly expensive for a day out with the
    family.

    Also the drivers tend to be good role models for the kids unlike the
    current crop of " Insert Professional Sport here" athletes.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss

    >>> Roy Schestowitz is quickly becoming a total joke.
    >>>
    >>> I think his server getting hacked was the brick that put him over the
    >>> limit.
    >>>
    >>> The guy is in need of some serious psychological help, and the sooner
    >>> the better.

    >> Obviously Roy Schestowitz "looks down" on those beer drinking blue-collar
    >> NASCAR fans. Advertising on NASCAR is of course very "low-rent" since
    >> those blue-collar working people are pigs in Roy's view. They aren't
    >> nearly as sophisticated as those people who read Linux Format magazine.
    >>
    >> Of course Roy Schestowitz hates those blue-collar NASCAR fans. After all,
    >> "those people" have real jobs and work for a living.
    >>

    >>> --
    >>> Moshe Goldfarb
    >>> Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    >>> Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    >>> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    > Some politician made a comment about NASCAR fans being a little rough
    > around the edges and took a lot of grief about it.
    > I forget who it was but it was a bout 6 months ago.
    >
    > NASCAR is a great family sport where a person and his family can go have a
    > great time at a reasonable price and have their kids meet the drivers etc.

    NASCAR like Windoze is SO 20th Century! Power machines, burning up rubber,
    consuming gasoline and adding to Global Warming just ain't cool anymore.
    Not that it ever was, but the trailer park boys and rednecks seemed to like
    it, along with Monster Trucks and other such silliness. As the USA proceeds
    into the worst depression since 1929, all this **** will quickly come to an
    end. The doofuses who get off on such mindless bull**** as watching gas
    guzzlers racing around a track when they're losing their jobs, losing their
    pensions, losing their homes and unable to put gas in their own SUVs and
    losing the "war on terrorism" will finally wake up. Hopefully. Just as
    Windoze users will eventually wake up to the bull**** that is proprietary
    crapware from MickeyMouse.

    Cheers.

    --

    A US president declared war on poverty. Poverty won.
    Another US president declared a war on drugs. Drugs won.

  3. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:21:44 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> NASCAR is a great family sport where a person and his family can go have
    >>> a great time at a reasonable price and have their kids meet the drivers
    >>> etc.

    >> People look upon NASCAR as a "redneck" sport due to its roots in the
    >> American south and the transport of bootleg liquor. As a southerner, I
    >> take offense to this, but at the same time I don't support the sport
    >> because I'm a southerner, ya know? I watch it because I like it. :-)

    > As a car enthusiast, current car a Mustang GT convertible complete with
    > Kenne Bell Twin Screw and some chassis modifications, I like NASCAR.

    WTF is a "car enthusiast"? What a fukwit. What century do you live in?

    Cheers.

    --

    A US president declared war on poverty. Poverty won.
    Another US president declared a war on drugs. Drugs won.
    This US president declared a war on terror. Terror won.
    Next?

  4. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:52:30 -0700, NoStop wrote:

    > NASCAR like Windoze is SO 20th Century! Power machines, burning up rubber,
    > consuming gasoline and adding to Global Warming just ain't cool anymore.
    > Not that it ever was, but the trailer park boys and rednecks seemed to like
    > it, along with Monster Trucks and other such silliness. As the USA proceeds
    > into the worst depression since 1929, all this **** will quickly come to an
    > end. The doofuses who get off on such mindless bull**** as watching gas
    > guzzlers racing around a track when they're losing their jobs, losing their
    > pensions, losing their homes and unable to put gas in their own SUVs and
    > losing the "war on terrorism" will finally wake up. Hopefully. Just as
    > Windoze users will eventually wake up to the bull**** that is proprietary
    > crapware from MickeyMouse.
    >
    > Cheers.

    But paying a baseball player millions of dollars to hit a ball a few times,
    use steroids and then get hurt makes sense hey?

    I agree with as far as SUV's are concerned.
    Totally useless.
    My Mustang gets a solid 23MPG unless I drive it like a maniac.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:53:21 -0700, NoStop wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> People look upon NASCAR as a "redneck" sport due to its roots in the
    >>> American south and the transport of bootleg liquor. As a southerner, I
    >>> take offense to this, but at the same time I don't support the sport
    >>> because I'm a southerner, ya know? I watch it because I like it. :-)

    >> As a car enthusiast, current car a Mustang GT convertible complete with
    >> Kenne Bell Twin Screw and some chassis modifications, I like NASCAR.
    >>

    > WTF is a "car enthusiast"? What a fukwit. What century do you live in?
    >
    > Cheers.

    You wouldn't understand because you couldn't afford a decent car henceforth
    the sour grapes.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:07:54 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> I agree with as far as SUV's are concerned.
    >> Totally useless.
    >> My Mustang gets a solid 23MPG unless I drive it like a maniac.

    > My Ford Explorer SUV (5-speed manual) gets 21mpg overall.

    4.6L engine?
    Is it 4WD or 2WD?

    That model is one of the smaller ones.
    Where I live, bigger is better and when I speak of SUV that are useless I'm
    talking about Expeditions, Hummers, Suburbans, Escalades etc.

    The ones that cruise around town with one soccer mom in them and nobody
    else and getting 14mpg if that...
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > I agree with as far as SUV's are concerned.
    > Totally useless.
    > My Mustang gets a solid 23MPG unless I drive it like a maniac.

    My Ford Explorer SUV (5-speed manual) gets 21mpg overall.

  8. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:07:54 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> I agree with as far as SUV's are concerned.
    >>> Totally useless.
    >>> My Mustang gets a solid 23MPG unless I drive it like a maniac.

    >> My Ford Explorer SUV (5-speed manual) gets 21mpg overall.

    > 4.6L engine?
    > Is it 4WD or 2WD?

    2wd, 4.0L engine

    > That model is one of the smaller ones.

    Yep. It's an old beater. I'm having a hard time deciding what to replace
    it with - I want to take my dogs out to the park, but I also want a nice
    leather interior (and AWD, and maybe 5-speed).

    > Where I live, bigger is better and when I speak of SUV that are
    > useless I'm talking about Expeditions, Hummers, Suburbans, Escalades
    > etc.
    >
    > The ones that cruise around town with one soccer mom in them and
    > nobody else and getting 14mpg if that...

    That adds up quick at the pump. That would cost me approx. $10 a day in gas
    just to work and back.

  9. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:45:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:21:44 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> NASCAR is a great family sport where a person and his family can go have a
    >>> great time at a reasonable price and have their kids meet the drivers etc.

    >> People look upon NASCAR as a "redneck" sport due to its roots in the
    >> American south and the transport of bootleg liquor. As a southerner, I take
    >> offense to this, but at the same time I don't support the sport because I'm
    >> a southerner, ya know? I watch it because I like it. :-)

    >As a car enthusiast, current car a Mustang GT convertible complete with
    >Kenne Bell Twin Screw and some chassis modifications, I like NASCAR.
    >
    >It's good clean fun and it's not overly expensive for a day out with the
    >family.
    >
    >Also the drivers tend to be good role models for the kids unlike the
    >current crop of " Insert Professional Sport here" athletes.

    And, indeed, folk who have nothing better to do than troll newsgroups.
    Roy seems to feel confident enough of his views to be able to publish
    them in association with his real name - can any of you lot say that?
    Gee, there's a surprise...

    BB.
    --

    http://www.kruse.co.uk/
    http://www.fat-odin.com/

  10. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    "Big Bill" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:45:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    > wrote:

    >>> People look upon NASCAR as a "redneck" sport due to its roots in the
    >>> American south and the transport of bootleg liquor. As a southerner, I
    >>> take
    >>> offense to this, but at the same time I don't support the sport because
    >>> I'm
    >>> a southerner, ya know? I watch it because I like it. :-)

    >>As a car enthusiast, current car a Mustang GT convertible complete with
    >>Kenne Bell Twin Screw and some chassis modifications, I like NASCAR.
    >>
    >>It's good clean fun and it's not overly expensive for a day out with the
    >>family.
    >>
    >>Also the drivers tend to be good role models for the kids unlike the
    >>current crop of " Insert Professional Sport here" athletes.

    > And, indeed, folk who have nothing better to do than troll newsgroups.
    > Roy seems to feel confident enough of his views to be able to publish
    > them in association with his real name - can any of you lot say that?
    > Gee, there's a surprise...

    Posting with your real name is evidently something that you, "Big Bill" are
    also unwilling to do.

    > BB.
    > --
    >
    > http://www.kruse.co.uk/
    > http://www.fat-odin.com/
    > http://www.here-be-posters.co.uk/

  11. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    ____/ Subway steel on Monday 31 March 2008 14:36 : \____

    > "Big Bill" wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:45:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    >> wrote:

    >>>As a car enthusiast, current car a Mustang GT convertible complete with
    >>>Kenne Bell Twin Screw and some chassis modifications, I like NASCAR.
    >>>
    >>>It's good clean fun and it's not overly expensive for a day out with the
    >>>family.
    >>>
    >>>Also the drivers tend to be good role models for the kids unlike the
    >>>current crop of " Insert Professional Sport here" athletes.

    >> And, indeed, folk who have nothing better to do than troll newsgroups.
    >> Roy seems to feel confident enough of his views to be able to publish
    >> them in association with his real name - can any of you lot say that?
    >> Gee, there's a surprise...

    > Posting with your real name is evidently something that you, "Big Bill" are
    > also unwilling to do.

    His last name is in his domain name below (Kruse). By the way, he can't see
    your reply.

    It's only in places like COLA (where there are Microsoft Munchkins) that people
    need to fear personal abuse and smear campaigns. That's why many are posting
    anonymously. In other NGs*, people are civil. The Munchkins' role here is to
    increase abuse and thus drive people away.

    >> BB.
    >> --
    >>
    >> http://www.kruse.co.uk/
    >> http://www.fat-odin.com/
    >> http://www.here-be-posters.co.uk/

    ___
    *I posted in other NGs before even knowing about COLA

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | WARNING: /dev/null running out of space

  12. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:31:59 GMT, Big Bill wrote:

    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:45:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    > wrote:

    >>> People look upon NASCAR as a "redneck" sport due to its roots in the
    >>> American south and the transport of bootleg liquor. As a southerner, I take
    >>> offense to this, but at the same time I don't support the sport because I'm
    >>> a southerner, ya know? I watch it because I like it. :-)

    >>As a car enthusiast, current car a Mustang GT convertible complete with
    >>Kenne Bell Twin Screw and some chassis modifications, I like NASCAR.
    >>
    >>It's good clean fun and it's not overly expensive for a day out with the
    >>family.
    >>
    >>Also the drivers tend to be good role models for the kids unlike the
    >>current crop of " Insert Professional Sport here" athletes.

    > And, indeed, folk who have nothing better to do than troll newsgroups.
    > Roy seems to feel confident enough of his views to be able to publish
    > them in association with his real name - can any of you lot say that?
    > Gee, there's a surprise...
    >
    > BB.

    Yawwnnnnn.....
    Schestowitz is a complete idiot.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:21:39 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    wrote:

    >Yawwnnnnn.....
    >Schestowitz is a complete idiot.

    Go away Goldfart.
    It is YOU that is the idiot. Surely your village is missing you by
    now.

  14. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:49:26 +0100, Paul wrote:

    > On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:21:39 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Yawwnnnnn.....
    >>Schestowitz is a complete idiot.

    > Go away Goldfart.
    > It is YOU that is the idiot. Surely your village is missing you by
    > now.

    Isn't it time for recess or nap time?
    Do they still have that in the third grade?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:22:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:49:26 +0100, Paul wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:21:39 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Yawwnnnnn.....
    >>>Schestowitz is a complete idiot.

    >> Go away Goldfart.
    >> It is YOU that is the idiot. Surely your village is missing you by
    >> now.

    >Isn't it time for recess or nap time?

    no idea. ask your older brother

    >Do they still have that in the third grade?

    you tell me, you failed it.

  16. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:26:43 +0100, Paul wrote:

    > On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:22:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:49:26 +0100, Paul wrote:

    >>> Go away Goldfart.
    >>> It is YOU that is the idiot. Surely your village is missing you by
    >>> now.

    >>Isn't it time for recess or nap time?

    > no idea. ask your older brother
    >
    >>Do they still have that in the third grade?

    > you tell me, you failed it.

    Are you speaking English?
    It's difficult to determine from your lack of writing skills.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:30:46 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:26:43 +0100, Paul wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:22:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    >> wrote:

    >>>Isn't it time for recess or nap time?

    >> no idea. ask your older brother
    >>
    >>>Do they still have that in the third grade?

    >> you tell me, you failed it.

    >Are you speaking English?

    One can speak English, Can one do the same ?

    >It's difficult to determine from your lack of writing skills.

    No really. It's because you are American.
    You make GW look intelligent.

  18. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    Paul wrote:

    > On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:22:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:49:26 +0100, Paul wrote:

    >>> Go away Goldfart.
    >>> It is YOU that is the idiot. Surely your village is missing you by
    >>> now.

    >>Isn't it time for recess or nap time?

    > no idea. ask your older brother
    >
    >>Do they still have that in the third grade?

    > you tell me, you failed it.

    LOL.

    --
    John Bokma http://johnbokma.com/

  19. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    wrote:

    >Are you speaking English?
    >It's difficult to determine from your lack of writing skills.

    ROFL

    This is from your site ....

    There are some normal and honest linux users in the world. Otherwise
    linux would never have *achived* the 0.6% *marketshare* that it has.

  20. Re: Roy Schestowitz proves he's a JACKASS (was - Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR)

    On 31 Mar 2008 17:36:54 GMT, John Bokma wrote:

    > Paul wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:22:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    >> wrote:

    >>>Isn't it time for recess or nap time?

    >> no idea. ask your older brother
    >>
    >>>Do they still have that in the third grade?

    >> you tell me, you failed it.

    > LOL.

    FUP set to alt.usenet.kooks