Forty per cent of students want Apples

,----[ Quote ]
| A SURVEY by Morgan Stanley of college students reveals that nearly 40 per
| cent of them intend to make their next computer purchase an Apple-flavoured
| one.

In Japan, IIRC, more Macs are sold than Windows PCs. OK, just found the

Mac claims more Japan OS sales than Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Sales growth of Windows plummeted from 75.3 percent to 28.7 percent. The
| sudden switch provided Apple with about 53.9 of the total OS-only marketshare
| in Japan during October -- a breakthrough for the company, BCN says. Â*

Nine burning questions about how Vista is really doing

,----[ Quote ]
| Instead, there's so much spin -- from Microsoft, from rivals such
| as Apple Inc., from market analysts pushing research and more research
| -- it would even leave Sasha Cohen dizzy. Here's our attempt to unravel
| this puzzle-shrinkwrapped-in-a-mystery.

| Financial Times Deutschland on Monday.
| Lenovo.

Lessons from Africa: How to Kill Your Own FUD

,----[ Quote ]
| So, even as Microsoft claims superior quality over Linux, they act as if they
| don't even buy their own FUD. If they really believed that Windows was
| superior to Linux, they wouldn't have to bribe people with “marketing help”
| to get them to choose Windows.

Linux wins Nigerian school desktops back from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]