Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Broken DRM Saga Continues - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Broken DRM Saga Continues - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > UPDATE: Microsoft May Slowly Be Fixing Their Broken XBOX DRM I wonder if they ever figured out how to prevent Xbox Live accounts from being stolen, which is IMHO a far more serious issue: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6477155.stm Hmm, ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Broken DRM Saga Continues

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > UPDATE: Microsoft May Slowly Be Fixing Their Broken XBOX DRM

    I wonder if they ever figured out how to prevent Xbox Live accounts from
    being stolen, which is IMHO a far more serious issue:

    Hmm, apparently not. One year later:

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01...unt_takeovers/

    Microsoft "security" at its finest.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    01:34:00 up 97 days, 23:09, 4 users, load average: 0.21, 0.61, 0.45

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Broken DRM Saga Continues

    ____/ [H]omer on Friday 28 March 2008 01:34 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> UPDATE: Microsoft May Slowly Be Fixing Their Broken XBOX DRM

    > I wonder if they ever figured out how to prevent Xbox Live accounts from
    > being stolen, which is IMHO a far more serious issue:

    > Hmm, apparently not. One year later:
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01...unt_takeovers/
    >
    > Microsoft "security" at its finest.

    They tried to escape liability at the time (it's the 'religion', also the
    EULA).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: penguins are the greatest birds
    02:05:01 up 8 days, 14:14, 5 users, load average: 0.81, 1.02, 1.42