Photoshop Express now free and online .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Photoshop Express now free and online .. - Linux ; "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post ibkd6fcajvlt.dlg@ziggynet1.zigg ynet on 3/27/08 4:54 PM: > Hadron wrote: > >> Because very few professionals use it. Well, I know of none. Most users >> are like me where they have fairly basic image manipulation ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

  1. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    ibkd6fcajvlt.dlg@ziggynet1.ziggynet on 3/27/08 4:54 PM:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Because very few professionals use it. Well, I know of none. Most users
    >> are like me where they have fairly basic image manipulation needs and
    >> might well move to this online stuff rather than deal with overhead of
    >> Gimp.
    >>
    >> FWIW, I think Gimp is a great program "for free".

    > Gimp is a good program but the interface absolutely blows.

    And it is simply not in the same class as Photoshop, as some people say.

    --
    I am one of only .3% of people who have avoided becoming a statistic.

  2. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    Tattoo Vampire writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Because very few professionals use it. Well, I know of none. Most users
    >> are like me where they have fairly basic image manipulation needs and
    >> might well move to this online stuff rather than deal with overhead of
    >> Gimp.
    >>
    >> FWIW, I think Gimp is a great program "for free".

    > Gimp is a good program but the interface absolutely blows.

    That might be ok for people like Gregory Shearman who stated that it's a
    waste of time implementing a consistent User Interface since users can
    damn well find out where things are easy enough (really!), but its not
    ok for many.

    However, Gimp HAS improved shed loads in terms of th UI in the past few
    years IMO. Either that or I have become numb to its failings - it *IS* a
    powerful and stable program - no two ways about that.

  3. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:53:26 +0000, El Tux wrote:

    > On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:46:29 +0000, Rick wrote:
    >
    >> Some will pay. Probably a great many will pay. And some Linux users may
    >> start using it. So what?

    > Are you saying that Photoshop Express' lack of a consistent Gnome or KDE
    > UI will drive Linux users away? :->

    Possibly, possibly ...
    :-)

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    On 2008-03-27, troll Rick said after being slapped:
    > On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:13:15 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> Then they should be able to use Gimp.

    > ... if all they need is 10% of Photops' features, then they shuold be
    > able to sue Gimp. Be able to use.
    >

    >> But they don't.

    > How many Linux users that do graphics editing do not use Gimp/
    >

    >> They should be able to use Linux as well.
    >>
    >> But they don't.

    >> They should be able to use Open Office as well, even under Windows.
    >>
    >> But they don't.

    > A lot do.
    >

    >> Why is that?

    > You know the answers, even if you deny them to yourself and everyone
    > else. Network effects. Herd mentality.

    Rick, you are a dick.

    --
    Rick: I am a dick

  5. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    On 2008-03-27, troll El Tux said after being slapped:
    > On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:46:29 +0000, Rick wrote:
    >
    >> Some will pay. Probably a great many will pay. And some Linux users may
    >> start using it. So what?

    > Are you saying that Photoshop Express' lack of a consistent Gnome or
    > KDE UI will drive Linux users away? :->

    Who cares? Most linux users are retards anyway. That includes you and
    Mark Kent.

  6. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    Hadron wrote:

    > Tattoo Vampire writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Because very few professionals use it. Well, I know of none. Most users
    >>> are like me where they have fairly basic image manipulation needs and
    >>> might well move to this online stuff rather than deal with overhead of
    >>> Gimp.
    >>>
    >>> FWIW, I think Gimp is a great program "for free".

    >> Gimp is a good program but the interface absolutely blows.

    > That might be ok for people like Gregory Shearman who stated that it's a
    > waste of time implementing a consistent User Interface since users can
    > damn well find out where things are easy enough (really!), but its not
    > ok for many.

    More misrepresentation from the Quark troll. Where's the reference Troll?

    Up your ****ing arse as usual.

    **** off.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  7. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Tattoo Vampire writes:

    >>> Gimp is a good program but the interface absolutely blows.

    >> That might be ok for people like Gregory Shearman who stated that it's a
    >> waste of time implementing a consistent User Interface since users can
    >> damn well find out where things are easy enough (really!), but its not
    >> ok for many.

    > More misrepresentation from the Quark troll. Where's the reference Troll?

    Translation: Quack doesn't know wtf he's doing.

    > Up your ****ing arse as usual.
    >
    > **** off.

    Seconded.

    --
    Mandriva 1 - 2008 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    Gregory Shearman wrote:

    >Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> That might be ok for people like Gregory Shearman

    >More misrepresentation from the Quark troll. Where's the reference Troll?
    >
    >Up your ****ing arse as usual.
    >
    >**** off.

    Is that all that fsckwit Quack does anymore - drag people's names into
    discussions to bad-mouth them? Why does he think anyone cares, since
    he's known for his dishonest twisting and outright lying?

    Do advocates really think that "Linux is perfect", Quack?

    Is plonking or ignoring people really "censorship", Quack?

    Sheesh. Not one word of that asshole can be believed.

  9. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    chrisv writes:

    > Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >
    >>Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>> That might be ok for people like Gregory Shearman

    >>More misrepresentation from the Quark troll. Where's the reference Troll?
    >>
    >>Up your ****ing arse as usual.
    >>
    >>**** off.

    Poor Gregory. As rude as he wants to people. Calling people "stupid" if
    they cant or dont want to deal with a fragmented UI but gets his
    panties in a bunch when called on it.

    You lose this one I guess.

    > Is that all that fsckwit Quack does anymore - drag people's names into
    > discussions to bad-mouth them? Why does he think anyone cares, since
    > he's known for his dishonest twisting and outright lying?

    Links please.

    > Do advocates really think that "Linux is perfect", Quack?

    Some do or "as perfect as it can be".

    > Is plonking or ignoring people really "censorship", Quack?

    Yes. A form of.

    > Sheesh. Not one word of that asshole can be believed.

    I wont bother linking. Shearman knows its true. Snit might if he has the
    time I dare say since I think he has already referenced it.

    --
    Bwahahahahahahahah - Anyone else think that this announcement from the MS
    marketing machine was anything other than a last ditch attempt to try and

  10. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

  11. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

  12. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

  13. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

  14. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    Hadron wrote:

    > chrisv writes:
    >
    >> Gregory Shearman wrote:

    >>>More misrepresentation from the Quark troll. Where's the reference Troll?
    >>>
    >>>Up your ****ing arse as usual.
    >>>
    >>>**** off.

    Now, let's put the context back in.

    Now where's the ****ing reference you lying ****?

    > You lose this one I guess.

    Pretend all you like, you can't misrepresent my words and then pretend
    to "win".

    You're a lying little turd.

    > I wont bother linking. Shearman knows its true. Snit might if he has the
    > time I dare say since I think he has already referenced it.

    Of course you won't bother linking, you lying, stinking little turd.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  15. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > Of course you won't bother linking, you lying, stinking little turd.

    Hadron is lying troll -- he's doing what lying trolls do. Lie.

    "Come listen to the story of Hadron the troll
    Couldn't speak a word, if lying weren't his goal
    Then on COLA, while spewing out some FUD
    Out from his gob oozed some bubblin' crud.
    Bull****, that is
    Micro$haft tea..."

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  16. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > Hadron snotted:
    >>

    > Now, let's put the context back in.
    >
    >> That might be ok for people like Gregory Shearman who stated that it's
    >> a waste of time implementing a consistent User Interface since users
    >> can damn well find out where things are easy enough (really!), but its
    >> not ok for many.

    >> Poor Gregory. As rude as he wants to people. Calling people "stupid" if
    >> they cant or dont want to deal with a fragmented UI but gets his
    >> panties in a bunch when called on it.

    > Now where's the ****ing reference you lying ****?
    >
    >> You lose this one I guess.

    > Pretend all you like, you can't misrepresent my words and then pretend
    > to "win".
    >
    > You're a lying little turd.
    >
    >> I wont bother linking. Shearman knows its true. Snit might if he has
    >> the time I dare say since I think he has already referenced it.

    > Of course you won't bother linking, you lying, stinking little turd.

    "Hadron" runs-away while pissing his pants again, I suppose. LOL

  17. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    chrisv writes:

    > Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron snotted:
    >>>

    >> Now, let's put the context back in.
    >>
    >>> That might be ok for people like Gregory Shearman who stated that it's
    >>> a waste of time implementing a consistent User Interface since users
    >>> can damn well find out where things are easy enough (really!), but its
    >>> not ok for many.

    >>> Poor Gregory. As rude as he wants to people. Calling people "stupid" if
    >>> they cant or dont want to deal with a fragmented UI but gets his
    >>> panties in a bunch when called on it.

    >> Now where's the ****ing reference you lying ****?
    >>
    >>> You lose this one I guess.

    >> Pretend all you like, you can't misrepresent my words and then pretend
    >> to "win".
    >>
    >> You're a lying little turd.
    >>
    >>> I wont bother linking. Shearman knows its true. Snit might if he has
    >>> the time I dare say since I think he has already referenced it.

    >> Of course you won't bother linking, you lying, stinking little turd.

    > "Hadron" runs-away while pissing his pants again, I suppose. LOL

    Poor chrisv. The link and the text were indeed posted. Now off you go
    and cry.

    --
    - "Actually XP *is* getting press, but most of it is along the lines of
    "we're going to wait and see", in other words not very good."

  18. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    "Hadron" stated in post
    fsmfor$6bt$2@registered.motzarella.org on 3/29/08 3:27 PM:

    > chrisv writes:
    >
    >> Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hadron snotted:
    >>>>
    >>> Now, let's put the context back in.

    >>> Now where's the ****ing reference you lying ****?

    >>> Pretend all you like, you can't misrepresent my words and then pretend
    >>> to "win".
    >>>
    >>> You're a lying little turd.

    >>> Of course you won't bother linking, you lying, stinking little turd.

    >> "Hadron" runs-away while pissing his pants again, I suppose. LOL
    >>

    > Poor chrisv. The link and the text were indeed posted. Now off you go
    > and cry.

    But! But! But! You did not post it, *I* did... somehow that means the
    link and quote do not exist.

    Sigh... I am beginning to tire of Usenet debates... it gets old having
    intellectual debates with people who come completely unarmed. Nothing in
    COLA is as bad as some of the BS in CMSA though - where I cannot convince a
    couple of ignorant fools that subsets really can be empty and that {} and
    {0} are not the same thing.

    It really is just mind boggling how ignorant some people are.

    --
    Picture of a tuna milkshake: http://snipurl.com/f34z
    Feel free to ask for the recipe.

  19. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    chrisv wrote:

    > Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron snotted:
    >>>

    >> Now, let's put the context back in.
    >>
    >>> That might be ok for people like Gregory Shearman who stated that it's
    >>> a waste of time implementing a consistent User Interface since users
    >>> can damn well find out where things are easy enough (really!), but its
    >>> not ok for many.

    >>> Poor Gregory. As rude as he wants to people. Calling people "stupid" if
    >>> they cant or dont want to deal with a fragmented UI but gets his
    >>> panties in a bunch when called on it.

    >> Now where's the ****ing reference you lying ****?
    >>
    >>> You lose this one I guess.

    >> Pretend all you like, you can't misrepresent my words and then pretend
    >> to "win".
    >>
    >> You're a lying little turd.
    >>
    >>> I wont bother linking. Shearman knows its true. Snit might if he has
    >>> the time I dare say since I think he has already referenced it.

    >> Of course you won't bother linking, you lying, stinking little turd.

    > "Hadron" runs-away while pissing his pants again, I suppose. LOL

    Just like he did when challenged (in another group) to post a link to any of his
    OSS applications "I contribute to OSS". AFAIK they're still waiting.

    --
    Mandriva - 2008.1 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: Photoshop Express now free and online ..

    William Poaster wrote:

    > Just like he did when challenged (in another group) to post a link to any of his
    > OSS applications "I contribute to OSS". AFAIK they're still waiting.

    Oh, Hadron has written some software? Cool! What does it do and where can I
    find copies?

    Come on, Hadron... your friends in COLA can't wait to give your software a
    test drive. How about a link, ole buddy?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....666 F: Oven temperature for roast Beast

    Owner and proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC