[News] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation - Linux

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 71 of 71

  1. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    "We have to go forth and crush every world view that doesn't believe in
    tolerance and free speech," - David Brin

  2. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:46:18 +1100,
    Gregory Shearman wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Gregory Shearman wrote:

    >>> Then you would be able to find a quote of me saying so very easy.

    >> Yes, very very easily.
    >>

    >>> How about it? Come on.. Show us a quote.

    >> Greg Shearman, 10/20/2007, comp.os.linux.advocacy: "Linux is as usable and
    >> as good as possible, but that has nothing to do with
    >> advocacy."

    >> Of course, as good as possible == cannot ever be improved upon == perfect
    >> as is.
    >>
    >> Then you defended your idiocy for several days, insisting over and over
    >> that Linux was perfect, while everyone told you how nutty you were.
    >>

    > From the article quoted:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > You really have to concentrate harder on what you read. Your mistakes are
    > rather embarrassing.
    >
    > Linux is as usable and as good as possible..... there's always room for
    > improvement, and improvement comes gradually....
    >
    > Nobody (or their works) is/are perfect...
    >
    > There's always the next version...
    >
    > [...]
    >

    > You really are a sad misquoting little son of a gun, aren't you?
    >
    > Nowhere did I say that Linux is perfect. That's simply a lie propagated by
    > that lying little turd, Quark.

    Hadron makes **** up, this isn't news any more.

    Balance the budget. Declare politicions a game species and sell hunting
    stamps.

  3. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant inVirtualisation

    "Jim Richardson" stated in post
    eejac5-mq6.ln1@dragon.myth on 4/1/08 1:44 PM:

    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:26:18 +0200,
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Snit writes:
    >>
    >>> "Gregory Shearman" stated in post
    >>> 1469108.oGTMoc2jXL@netscape.net on 3/29/08 11:40 PM:

    >>> Let us not pretend you are not actively denying other quotes that have been
    >>> shown about you - I can see why someone would not spend time looking for a
    >>> quote to satisfy your request when it is clear your habit is to dishonestly
    >>> deny the quotes anyway?
    >>>
    >>> Still, I have not seen the quote of you saying that Linux is perfect - and
    >>> would like Hadron to show where you did and defend his claim. Hadron - can
    >>> you do so? With a quick Googling I found no such quote, but I do not know
    >>> the details.

    >> "perfect as possible" was the quote I think. I really can not be
    >> bothered. Slight variations aside, Gregory will jus huff and puff and

    > You mean, you made **** up, and when asked to back it up with evidence,
    > you run away.
    >
    > Figures. About your speed these days.

    You do not consider quotes to be evidence?

    --
    If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
    Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

  4. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    Jim Richardson wrote:

    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:26:18 +0200,
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Snit writes:
    >>
    >>> "Gregory Shearman" stated in post
    >>> 1469108.oGTMoc2jXL@netscape.net on 3/29/08 11:40 PM:

    >>> Let us not pretend you are not actively denying other quotes that have been
    >>> shown about you - I can see why someone would not spend time looking for a
    >>> quote to satisfy your request when it is clear your habit is to dishonestly
    >>> deny the quotes anyway?
    >>>
    >>> Still, I have not seen the quote of you saying that Linux is perfect - and
    >>> would like Hadron to show where you did and defend his claim. Hadron - can
    >>> you do so? With a quick Googling I found no such quote, but I do not know
    >>> the details.

    >> "perfect as possible" was the quote I think. I really can not be
    >> bothered. Slight variations aside, Gregory will jus huff and puff and

    > You mean, you made **** up, and when asked to back it up with evidence,
    > you run away.
    >
    > Figures. About your speed these days.

    The only one that huffs & puffs is Quack. Claims this & that, but never backs it
    up, like his "active contributions to OSS" & the sw he's *supposedly* written,
    but which no one has yet seen!

    --
    Mandriva - 2008.1 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    Jim Richardson wrote:

    > Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> "perfect as possible" was the quote I think. I really can not be
    >> bothered. Slight variations aside, Gregory will jus huff and puff and

    >You mean, you made **** up, and when asked to back it up with evidence,
    >you run away.
    >
    >Figures. About your speed these days.

    Well, how would Quack live-up to his reputation as a snotty, lying
    asshole, if he did not pull words out of context, and then use a
    twisted, dishonest interpretation of them to attack his betters?

    This is a perfect example: From "Linux is as usable and as good as
    possible..... there's always room for improvement," he pulls-out "as
    good as possible", and then claims that the person thinks that Linux
    is "perfect".

    Hadron Quark is a dishonest asshole. Documented (again).

  6. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    chrisv writes:

    > Jim Richardson wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron quacked:
    >>>
    >>> "perfect as possible" was the quote I think. I really can not be
    >>> bothered. Slight variations aside, Gregory will jus huff and puff and

    >>You mean, you made **** up, and when asked to back it up with evidence,
    >>you run away.
    >>
    >>Figures. About your speed these days.

    > Well, how would Quack live-up to his reputation as a snotty, lying
    > asshole, if he did not pull words out of context, and then use a
    > twisted, dishonest interpretation of them to attack his betters?

    The actual quote was posted "real" chrisv.

    > This is a perfect example: From "Linux is as usable and as good as
    > possible..... there's always room for improvement," he pulls-out "as
    > good as possible", and then claims that the person thinks that Linux
    > is "perfect".

    Shearman has been quoted as saying he hopes it doesn't get any better in
    case it attracts the wrong kind of users.

  7. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 15:36:07 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > chrisv writes:
    >
    >> Jim Richardson wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hadron quacked:

    >>>You mean, you made **** up, and when asked to back it up with evidence,
    >>>you run away.
    >>>
    >>>Figures. About your speed these days.

    >> Well, how would Quack live-up to his reputation as a snotty, lying
    >> asshole, if he did not pull words out of context, and then use a
    >> twisted, dishonest interpretation of them to attack his betters?

    > The actual quote was posted "real" chrisv.
    >

    >> This is a perfect example: From "Linux is as usable and as good as
    >> possible..... there's always room for improvement," he pulls-out "as
    >> good as possible", and then claims that the person thinks that Linux
    >> is "perfect".

    > Shearman has been quoted as saying he hopes it doesn't get any better in
    > case it attracts the wrong kind of users.

    Shearman is the type of person who continues to live in a burned out ghetto
    and hopes that the state doesn't try and rebuild it because he likes the
    solitude and lack of neighbors bothering him.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    "And the faults in bad software can be so subtle as to be practically
    theological."
    - Bruce Sterling - The Hacker Crackdown

  9. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:50:41 -0700,
    Snit wrote:
    > "Jim Richardson" stated in post
    > eejac5-mq6.ln1@dragon.myth on 4/1/08 1:44 PM:

    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

  10. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    Jim Richardson wrote:

    > Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> chrisv writes:

    >>> Well, how would Quack live-up to his reputation as a snotty, lying
    >>> asshole, if he did not pull words out of context, and then use a
    >>> twisted, dishonest interpretation of them to attack his betters?

    >> The actual quote was posted "real" chrisv.

    Learn how to read, fsckwit. I didn't claim that an actual quote
    wasn't posted. I claimed that you pulled words out of context and
    then dishonestly interpreted them.

    >not by you
    >
    >and surprise! it didn't say what you claimed it said!

    I didn't see that coming! 8)

    1hocc5-jfg.ln1@dragon.myth on 4/2/08 9:23 AM:

    >>> You mean, you made **** up, and when asked to back it up with evidence,
    >>> you run away.
    >>>
    >>> Figures. About your speed these days.

    >> You do not consider quotes to be evidence?
    >>

    > it would help if the quote said what Hadron claims was said.

    I have agreed that there is some exaggeration to his portrayal of the
    comments... but the general idea is pretty much the same. Still, he should
    be more clear.

    --
    Is Swiss cheese made out of hole milk?

+ Reply to Thread