[News] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation - Linux ; Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart) http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71

  1. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

  2. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

  3. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

  4. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    chrisv wrote:
    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> And surprised there are bugs in a beta version. Who'd a thunk it.

    > Don't the Wintrolls think that Vista is "perfect"?
    >
    > No, of course they do NOT. NO ONE could POSSIBLY think that ANY OS is
    > "perfect". Only a fscking true ASSHOLE and LIAR would claim that
    > ANYONE thinks that ANY OS is "perfect".
    >
    > Get that, Quack and DumFSck?

    We already went over this, moron.

    Not only did cola bozo Greg Shearman insist over and over that Linux is
    perfect, but many tens of thousands of you lying lusers proclaim "Linux is
    perfect for..."

    Results 1 - 10 of about 42,000 for "Linux is perfect"

    What a laff riot!

  5. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    Hadron wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    >>> Quark doesn't know what he's doing.... again...

    > Maybe the big head Gregory Shearman can explain how when I get a new
    > kernel my video "will just work" without having to downlod latest,
    > export the CC variable, kill gnome and then recompile and install? I
    > have been doing this for ages. But its a pain in the ass.

    It's easy to explain:

    You don't know what you are doing.

    When I get a new kernel as part of the compile script I've included:

    emerge nvidia-drivers

    And my nvidia driver is installed for the latest kernel release.

    You just have no idea what you are doing.

    >> Maybe he was too busy reading the NNTP spec so he could be allowed to
    >> post to USENET in a Linux group?

    > Shearman really is a ****ing clueless nOOb.

    You are really a ****ing liar and an ankle-biting troll.

    nOOb?

    Yeah.. I've only been using Linux since 2.0.x

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  6. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    Hadron wrote:

    > Maybe the big head Gregory Shearman can explain how when I get a new
    > kernel my video "will just work" without having to downlod latest,
    > export the CC variable, kill gnome and then recompile and install? I
    > have been doing this for ages. But its a pain in the ass.

    Kill Gnome?

    Why the **** do you have to do that????

    I don't reboot unless I want to start a new kernel. I don't even kill X to
    install a new nvidia-driver. I don't have to, and neither should you, if
    your machine is set up correctly.

    You really have no idea, do you?

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  7. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    DFS wrote:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>> And surprised there are bugs in a beta version. Who'd a thunk it.

    >> Don't the Wintrolls think that Vista is "perfect"?
    >>
    >> No, of course they do NOT. NO ONE could POSSIBLY think that ANY OS is
    >> "perfect". Only a fscking true ASSHOLE and LIAR would claim that
    >> ANYONE thinks that ANY OS is "perfect".
    >>
    >> Get that, Quack and DumFSck?

    > We already went over this, moron.
    >
    > Not only did cola bozo Greg Shearman insist over and over that Linux is
    > perfect, but many tens of thousands of you lying lusers proclaim "Linux is
    > perfect for..."

    Then you would be able to find a quote of me saying so very easy.

    How about it? Come on.. Show us a quote.

    Of course you ****ing can't... you and Hadron and your little knitting
    circle are all having a big "groupthink", distorting reality to new levels
    of absurdity.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  8. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant inVirtualisation

    "Gregory Shearman" stated in post
    1474230.a4otgmVyZx@netscape.net on 3/28/08 11:40 PM:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> chrisv wrote:

    >>> Don't the Wintrolls think that Vista is "perfect"?
    >>>
    >>> No, of course they do NOT. NO ONE could POSSIBLY think that ANY OS is
    >>> "perfect". Only a fscking true ASSHOLE and LIAR would claim that
    >>> ANYONE thinks that ANY OS is "perfect".
    >>>
    >>> Get that, Quack and DumFSck?

    >> We already went over this, moron.
    >>
    >> Not only did cola bozo Greg Shearman insist over and over that Linux is
    >> perfect, but many tens of thousands of you lying lusers proclaim "Linux is
    >> perfect for..."

    > Then you would be able to find a quote of me saying so very easy.
    >
    > How about it? Come on.. Show us a quote.
    >
    > Of course you ****ing can't... you and Hadron and your little knitting
    > circle are all having a big "groupthink", distorting reality to new levels
    > of absurdity.

    I concede that in a quick Googling I find no instance of you saying Linux is
    perfect.

    So, I wonder, what flaws do you think it has?

    --
    If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
    Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

  9. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    >DFS wrote:
    >>
    >> chrisv wrote:
    >>>
    >>> NO ONE could POSSIBLY think that ANY OS is
    >>> "perfect". Only a fscking true ASSHOLE and LIAR would claim that
    >>> ANYONE thinks that ANY OS is "perfect".
    >>>

    >> We already went over this, moron.
    >>
    >> Not only did cola bozo Greg Shearman insist over and over that Linux is
    >> perfect,

    NO ONE could POSSIBLY think that ANY OS is
    "perfect". Only a fscking true ASSHOLE and LIAR would claim that
    ANYONE thinks that ANY OS is "perfect".

    Get that, Quack and DumFSck?

  10. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    chrisv writes:

    >>DFS wrote:

    >>> We already went over this, moron.
    >>>
    >>> Not only did cola bozo Greg Shearman insist over and over that Linux is
    >>> perfect,

    > NO ONE could POSSIBLY think that ANY OS is
    > "perfect". Only a fscking true ASSHOLE and LIAR would claim that
    > ANYONE thinks that ANY OS is "perfect".
    >
    > Get that, Quack and DumFSck?

    Gregory Shearman is on record as saying Linux is as perfect as
    possible. One of the more clownish of his many "zany" contributions to
    this group and Linux advocacy - up there with not wanting it to get any
    better since it "works for him", Grannies reading the nntp standard, and
    conforming to UI standards being a waste of time and effort.

    Honestly, you couldn't make it up.

    --
    joy/elmo: why can't the same ip be used? was this fire so
    great that it burned the ip address?

  11. Re: Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    On Mar 28, 1:03*pm, chrisv wrote:
    > William Poaster wrote:
    > >And surprised there are bugs in a beta version. Who'd a thunk it.

    > Don't the Wintrolls think that Vista is "perfect"?
    >
    > No, of course they do NOT. *NO ONE could POSSIBLY think that ANY OS is
    > "perfect". *Only a fscking true ASSHOLE and LIAR would claim that
    > ANYONE thinks that ANY OS is "perfect".

    You got that right.

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....7?dmode=source

  12. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    Gregory Shearman wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> chrisv wrote:

    >>> Don't the Wintrolls think that Vista is "perfect"?
    >>>
    >>> No, of course they do NOT. NO ONE could POSSIBLY think that ANY OS
    >>> is "perfect". Only a fscking true ASSHOLE and LIAR would claim that
    >>> ANYONE thinks that ANY OS is "perfect".
    >>>
    >>> Get that, Quack and DumFSck?

    >> We already went over this, moron.
    >>
    >> Not only did cola bozo Greg Shearman insist over and over that Linux
    >> is perfect, but many tens of thousands of you lying lusers proclaim
    >> "Linux is perfect for..."

    > Then you would be able to find a quote of me saying so very easy.

    Yes, very very easily.

    > How about it? Come on.. Show us a quote.

    Greg Shearman, 10/20/2007, comp.os.linux.advocacy: "Linux is as usable and
    as good as possible, but that has nothing to do with
    advocacy."

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....b4a6ed1b8bfa8f

    Of course, as good as possible == cannot ever be improved upon == perfect as
    is.

    Then you defended your idiocy for several days, insisting over and over that
    Linux was perfect, while everyone told you how nutty you were.

    > Of course you ****ing can't... you and Hadron and your little knitting
    > circle are all having a big "groupthink", distorting reality to new
    > levels of absurdity.

    Yes, the sheer numbers of you Linux nuts associating Linux with "perfect" is
    truly absurd.

  13. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    Where's the ****ing quote you lying little turd?

    I'm on record? Show us the ****ing record you lying ****ing troll.

    **** you.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  14. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant inVirtualisation

    "Gregory Shearman" stated in post
    1469108.oGTMoc2jXL@netscape.net on 3/29/08 11:40 PM:

    >> Gregory Shearman is on record as saying Linux is as perfect as
    >> possible. One of the more clownish of his many "zany" contributions to
    >> this group and Linux advocacy - up there with not wanting it to get any
    >> better since it "works for him", Grannies reading the nntp standard, and
    >> conforming to UI standards being a waste of time and effort.
    >>
    >> Honestly, you couldn't make it up.

    > Where's the ****ing quote you lying little turd?
    >
    > I'm on record? Show us the ****ing record you lying ****ing troll.
    >
    > **** you.

    Let us not pretend you are not actively denying other quotes that have been
    shown about you - I can see why someone would not spend time looking for a
    quote to satisfy your request when it is clear your habit is to dishonestly
    deny the quotes anyway?

    Still, I have not seen the quote of you saying that Linux is perfect - and
    would like Hadron to show where you did and defend his claim. Hadron - can
    you do so? With a quick Googling I found no such quote, but I do not know
    the details.

    --
    The answer to the water shortage is to dilute it.

  15. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    DFS wrote:

    > Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> We already went over this, moron.
    >>>
    >>> Not only did cola bozo Greg Shearman insist over and over that Linux
    >>> is perfect, but many tens of thousands of you lying lusers proclaim
    >>> "Linux is perfect for..."

    >> Then you would be able to find a quote of me saying so very easy.

    > Yes, very very easily.
    >

    >> How about it? Come on.. Show us a quote.

    > Greg Shearman, 10/20/2007, comp.os.linux.advocacy: "Linux is as usable and
    > as good as possible, but that has nothing to do with
    > advocacy."

    > Of course, as good as possible == cannot ever be improved upon == perfect
    > as is.
    >
    > Then you defended your idiocy for several days, insisting over and over
    > that Linux was perfect, while everyone told you how nutty you were.

    From the article quoted:

    [...]

    You really have to concentrate harder on what you read. Your mistakes are
    rather embarrassing.

    Linux is as usable and as good as possible..... there's always room for
    improvement, and improvement comes gradually....

    Nobody (or their works) is/are perfect...

    There's always the next version...

    [...]

    You really are a sad misquoting little son of a gun, aren't you?

    Nowhere did I say that Linux is perfect. That's simply a lie propagated by
    that lying little turd, Quark.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  16. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant inVirtualisation

    "Gregory Shearman" stated in post
    1270873.GMX0S2fB5F@netscape.net on 3/29/08 11:46 PM:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Gregory Shearman wrote:

    >>> Then you would be able to find a quote of me saying so very easy.

    >> Yes, very very easily.
    >>

    >>> How about it? Come on.. Show us a quote.

    >> Greg Shearman, 10/20/2007, comp.os.linux.advocacy: "Linux is as usable and
    >> as good as possible, but that has nothing to do with
    >> advocacy."

    >> Of course, as good as possible == cannot ever be improved upon == perfect
    >> as is.
    >>
    >> Then you defended your idiocy for several days, insisting over and over
    >> that Linux was perfect, while everyone told you how nutty you were.
    >>

    > From the article quoted:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > You really have to concentrate harder on what you read. Your mistakes are
    > rather embarrassing.
    >
    > Linux is as usable and as good as possible..... there's always room for
    > improvement, and improvement comes gradually....
    >
    > Nobody (or their works) is/are perfect...
    >
    > There's always the next version...
    >
    > [...]
    >

    > You really are a sad misquoting little son of a gun, aren't you?
    >
    > Nowhere did I say that Linux is perfect. That's simply a lie propagated by
    > that lying little turd, Quark.

    I think it is a bit of an exaggeration to say your comments show you think
    Linux is perfect... but clearly you were claiming it is "as usable and good
    as possible" even though there is "room for improvement" so that would make
    what you see as being possible as being not "perfect".

    --
    Satan lives for my sins... now *that* is dedication!

  17. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > Where's the ****ing quote you lying little turd?
    >
    > I'm on record? Show us the ****ing record you lying ****ing troll.
    >
    > **** you.

    He's knows he's lying. He's just trying to piss you off. Killfile the lying
    troll and be done with it. Life's too short for lying trolls like Hadron.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  18. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    Snit writes:

    > "Gregory Shearman" stated in post
    > 1469108.oGTMoc2jXL@netscape.net on 3/29/08 11:40 PM:
    >
    >>> Gregory Shearman is on record as saying Linux is as perfect as
    >>> possible. One of the more clownish of his many "zany" contributions to
    >>> this group and Linux advocacy - up there with not wanting it to get any
    >>> better since it "works for him", Grannies reading the nntp standard, and
    >>> conforming to UI standards being a waste of time and effort.
    >>>
    >>> Honestly, you couldn't make it up.

    >> Where's the ****ing quote you lying little turd?
    >>
    >> I'm on record? Show us the ****ing record you lying ****ing troll.
    >>
    >> **** you.

    > Let us not pretend you are not actively denying other quotes that have been
    > shown about you - I can see why someone would not spend time looking for a
    > quote to satisfy your request when it is clear your habit is to dishonestly
    > deny the quotes anyway?
    >
    > Still, I have not seen the quote of you saying that Linux is perfect - and
    > would like Hadron to show where you did and defend his claim. Hadron - can
    > you do so? With a quick Googling I found no such quote, but I do not know
    > the details.

    "perfect as possible" was the quote I think. I really can not be
    bothered. Slight variations aside, Gregory will jus huff and puff and
    deny it all any way as is his wont. He is, as someone said, a
    dinosaur. He really did say that usenet readers should read the nntp
    spec. He also said he didn't want Linux getting any better in case the
    wrong kind of people used it. He also said that he thought consistent UIs
    were a waste of a programmer's time. He is truly clueless and I'm not
    going to feed his "insult,swear and run indenial" tactics.

    --
    < jaybonci> actually d-i stands for "divine intervention"
    -- in #debian-devel

  19. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    Snit writes:

    > "Gregory Shearman" stated in post
    > 1270873.GMX0S2fB5F@netscape.net on 3/29/08 11:46 PM:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> Yes, very very easily.

    >>> Greg Shearman, 10/20/2007, comp.os.linux.advocacy: "Linux is as usable and
    >>> as good as possible, but that has nothing to do with
    >>> advocacy."

    >>> Of course, as good as possible == cannot ever be improved upon == perfect
    >>> as is.
    >>>
    >>> Then you defended your idiocy for several days, insisting over and over
    >>> that Linux was perfect, while everyone told you how nutty you were.
    >>>

    >> From the article quoted:
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> You really have to concentrate harder on what you read. Your mistakes are
    >> rather embarrassing.
    >>
    >> Linux is as usable and as good as possible..... there's always room for
    >> improvement, and improvement comes gradually....
    >>
    >> Nobody (or their works) is/are perfect...
    >>
    >> There's always the next version...
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>

    >> You really are a sad misquoting little son of a gun, aren't you?
    >>
    >> Nowhere did I say that Linux is perfect. That's simply a lie propagated by
    >> that lying little turd, Quark.

    > I think it is a bit of an exaggeration to say your comments show you think
    > Linux is perfect... but clearly you were claiming it is "as usable and good
    > as possible" even though there is "room for improvement" so that would make
    > what you see as being possible as being not "perfect".

    Aha! Good old DFS. That's the one.

    "As good as possible".

    Well if "possible" means ignoring UI standards and guidelines then I
    guess he might have a point .....

    --
    < jaybonci> actually d-i stands for "divine intervention"
    -- in #debian-devel

  20. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

    ____/ Gregory Shearman on Sunday 30 March 2008 07:40 : \____

    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> NO ONE could POSSIBLY think that ANY OS is
    >>> "perfect". Only a fscking true ASSHOLE and LIAR would claim that
    >>> ANYONE thinks that ANY OS is "perfect".
    >>>
    >>> Get that, Quack and DumFSck?
    >>>

    >> Gregory Shearman is on record as saying Linux is as perfect as
    >> possible. One of the more clownish of his many "zany" contributions to
    >> this group and Linux advocacy - up there with not wanting it to get any
    >> better since it "works for him", Grannies reading the nntp standard, and
    >> conforming to UI standards being a waste of time and effort.
    >>
    >> Honestly, you couldn't make it up.

    > Where's the ****ing quote you lying little turd?
    >
    > I'm on record? Show us the ****ing record you lying ****ing troll.
    >
    > **** you.

    They are not worth the anger, Gregory. That's what they try to do when they
    provoke. Just add them to your filter and forget them for good.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | $> unzip; ping; mount /usr; grep; umount& sleep
    Swap: 1510068k total, 756044k used, 754024k free, 47528k cached

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast