Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down. - Linux

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

  1. Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    You heard it here first.

  2. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:31:18 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > You heard it here first.

    Was Roy Schestowitz the site administrator?
    That would certainly explain it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstrotufer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of
    micoshaft toe rags:

    > You heard it here first.

    So what are you trying to tell us?
    Were you involved / sponsored by micoshaft to carry out the
    attacks. How did you receive the news, and how did those
    that you say supplied you with information get to hear of it.
    Is is possible that at the end of a long chain of questions,
    some micoshaft zealots are involved in all of this?

  4. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    * Ezekiel peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > You heard it here first.
    > --

    Whoop de doo. An aberration, no doubt, since you were too chicken-****
    to post a link.

    http://news.netcraft.com/

    Tiscali Italia is the most reliable hosting company site for February
    2008, closely followed by myhosting.com and Kattare.

    Tiscali last made an appearance in the top spot back in September
    last year and continues to operate its main site from Apache running
    on a Linux operating system.

    --
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people
    want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when

  5. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Rick

    wrote
    on Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:33:28 -0400
    <13uiks3p65d6k42@news.supernews.com>:
    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >> You heard it here first.
    >>

    > Were you trying to make some kind of point?

    The implied point is presumably that, since Netflix was
    using Apache, that everyone should immediately switch
    to IIS 6, of course, in order to avoid this particular
    problem.

    The logic gaps are enormous in that method of thinking,
    naturally (those using IIS6 will have other problems).

    I could be wrong, to be sure, but Ezekiel needs to clarify
    precisely what it is in this unfortunate failure that
    would imply any such similar logic.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
    elderberries!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

  6. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    In article <%ScGj.25696$r76.20751@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
    Linonut wrote:
    > Whoop de doo. An aberration, no doubt, since you were too chicken-****
    > to post a link.

    It's pretty easy to find a link, though:

    --
    --Tim Smith

  7. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goesdown.

    On Mar 25, 8:11*pm, Tim Smith wrote:

    > It's pretty easy to find a link, though:

    This from someone why can never post citations to his own claims ..

    --
    "it's literally like someone took America by the East Coast and
    *shook* it, and all the normal girls managed to hang on"

  8. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goesdown.

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > You heard it here first.

    Were you trying to make some kind of point?
    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goesdown.

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:31:18 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> You heard it here first.

    > Was Roy Schestowitz the site administrator?
    > That would certainly explain it.

    .... tell us again why your are so obsessed with Roy?

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    On 2008-03-25, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Rick
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:33:28 -0400
    ><13uiks3p65d6k42@news.supernews.com>:
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>> You heard it here first.
    >>>

    >> Were you trying to make some kind of point?

    > The implied point is presumably that, since Netflix was
    > using Apache, that everyone should immediately switch
    > to IIS 6, of course, in order to avoid this particular
    > problem.

    IIS6 is so yesterday! They should be switching to w2K8 and IIS7

    --
    Tom Shelton

  11. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:31:18 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >You heard it here first.

    Step 1: look up the word stranded. You clearly don't know the meaning of
    the word.

  12. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:33:28 -0400, Rick wrote:
    >Ezekiel wrote:
    >> You heard it here first.
    >>

    >Were you trying to make some kind of point?

    He was stranded for two days and nearly starved to death. He made some
    calls to 911, but the only response he could get was "quit bothering us
    and shut your ****ing computer off."

  13. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    "AZ Nomad" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:31:18 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>You heard it here first.

    > Step 1: look up the word stranded. You clearly don't know the meaning of
    > the word.

    I do know the meaning but clearly you do not.

    Stranded; strand - "To bring into or leave in a difficult or helpless
    position"

    Netflix customers were stranded (left in a difficult or helpless position)
    because they could no longer access their accounts or place orders for new
    movies.

    I'm glad that I was able to ejumakate you on the meaning of the word.

  14. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    > In article <%ScGj.25696$r76.20751@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
    > Linonut wrote:
    >> Whoop de doo. An aberration, no doubt, since you were too chicken-****
    >> to post a link.

    > It's pretty easy to find a link, though:

    I thought the Teranews Tit said "You heard it first here". I took that
    to mean it had pretty much just happened.

    Of course, TT tried to imply it was due to Apache, instead of operator
    error:

    The outage started yesterday at 7AM Pacific Time, when engineers
    noted that the weekly maintenance shutdown scheduled in the middle of
    the night had instead gone off in the early morning. By the time the
    site was up again at 6PM, Netflix had gained a few disgruntled
    customers.

    What a tit.

    --
    If something's expensive to develop, and somebody's not going to get paid,
    it won't get developed. So you decide: Do you want software to be

  15. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    In article
    ,
    Doug Mentohl wrote:
    > > It's pretty easy to find a link, though:

    > This from someone why can never post citations to his own claims ..

    Huh?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  16. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    * Tom Shelton peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> The implied point is presumably that, since Netflix was
    >> using Apache, that everyone should immediately switch
    >> to IIS 6, of course, in order to avoid this particular
    >> problem.

    > IIS6 is so yesterday! They should be switching to w2K8 and IIS7

    You mean, of course, that IIS 6 is no longer beta software, and so it is
    time to forget about any kind of stability and re-up with some
    beta-ware.

    --
    If people had understood how patents would be granted when most of today's
    ideas were invented, and had taken out patents, the industry would be at a

  17. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    In article ,
    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > > Were you trying to make some kind of point?

    > The implied point is presumably that, since Netflix was
    > using Apache, that everyone should immediately switch
    > to IIS 6, of course, in order to avoid this particular
    > problem.

    That's not his implied point.

    Certain people post large numbers of stories here about every little
    glitch they can find on sites using non-Linux technology, and they
    implicitly argue that Linux sites do not every have those kind of
    problems.

    His implicit point is that they are wrong (and that, therefore, those
    posts about non-Linux technologies are off topic here).

    --
    --Tim Smith

  18. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    ____/ 7 on Tuesday 25 March 2008 19:23 : \____

    > Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstrotufer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of
    > micoshaft toe rags:
    >
    >> You heard it here first.

    > So what are you trying to tell us?
    > Were you involved / sponsored by micoshaft to carry out the
    > attacks. How did you receive the news, and how did those
    > that you say supplied you with information get to hear of it.
    > Is is possible that at the end of a long chain of questions,
    > some micoshaft zealots are involved in all of this?

    Someone call the Downtime Police. As it turns out, not a single site on the Web
    has a 100.00% uptime. The shock! The horror!!111

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"

  19. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    > In article ,
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> > Were you trying to make some kind of point?

    >> The implied point is presumably that, since Netflix was
    >> using Apache, that everyone should immediately switch
    >> to IIS 6, of course, in order to avoid this particular
    >> problem.

    > That's not his implied point.
    >
    > Certain people post large numbers of stories here about every little
    > glitch they can find on sites using non-Linux technology, and they
    > implicitly argue that Linux sites do not every have those kind of
    > problems.
    >
    > His implicit point is that they are wrong (and that, therefore, those
    > posts about non-Linux technologies are off topic here).

    Congratulations. You have just become the mouth-piece for an
    idiot/troll.

    --
    "Microsoft has had competitors in the past. It's a good thing we have
    museums to document this stuff."

  20. Re: Millions of customers stranded as Netflix.com (Apache) site goes down.

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    news:AIiGj.22895$Er2.2778@bignews6.bellsouth.net.. .
    >* Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> The implied point is presumably that, since Netflix was
    >>> using Apache, that everyone should immediately switch
    >>> to IIS 6, of course, in order to avoid this particular
    >>> problem.

    >> That's not his implied point.
    >>
    >> Certain people post large numbers of stories here about every little
    >> glitch they can find on sites using non-Linux technology, and they
    >> implicitly argue that Linux sites do not every have those kind of
    >> problems.
    >>
    >> His implicit point is that they are wrong (and that, therefore, those
    >> posts about non-Linux technologies are off topic here).

    > Congratulations. You have just become the mouth-piece for an
    > idiot/troll.

    Why is it that many of the 'advocates' aren't bright enough to figure this
    out on their own without someone explaining it to them in detail. Even then
    I bet the knuckle-draggers like Mentohl still don't get it.

    The question is, do you get it?

    > --
    > "Microsoft has had competitors in the past. It's a good thing we have
    > museums to document this stuff."
    > -- Bill Gates, in a talk at the Computer History Museum
    > in Mountain View, Calif.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast