Taming the GIMP with KDE window-specific settings

,----[ Quote ]
| There are many window-specific settings that you can change in KDE to tailor
| the GIMP, or any application. By modifying various settings, you can get GIMP
| to behave the way you want and better suit your work style. Experiment with
| the various settings until you get the perfect combination.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119214

Yes, we had those arguments here before. Shading, multiple desktops,
always-on-top, transparency, grouping...

Related:

GIMP UI brainstorm

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a visual brainstorm, the channel for everybody to contribute to the
| GIMP UI redesign process. It is moderated by the GIMP UI redesign team. We do
| not post mock-ups here ourselves, we ‘listen’ to what you show us and broaden
| our horizons. *
`----

http://gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.com/

Second Release Candidate for GIMP 2.4

,----[ Quote ]
| GIMP 2.4.0-RC2 is finally there. The developers have fixed quite some bugs
| since RC1 but it's not the final thing yet.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/19770

Gimp 2.3 (preview of 2.4)

,----[ Quote ]
| The major change for this release seems to be a big usability
| overhaul. New defaults are now in place that make the Gimp look
| a little bit like Photoshop, but still has many features that
| make it unique.
`----

http://fosswire.com/2007/06/08/gimp-23-preview-of-24/

Gimp 2.4 RC Released

,----[ Quote ]
| If you want to help by testing this release candidate, you can grab the
| source code from ftp.gimp.org.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/aug/..._4_rc_released

ingimp: improving the usability of the GIMP by collecting and analyzing usage
data

,----[ Quote ]
| ingimp is an instrumented version of the GNU Image Manipulation Program that
| collects real-time usability data, such as the commands used, the size of
| images worked on, and so on. This usability data is automatically transmitted
| to ingimp for anyone to download and analyze. *
`----

http://debaday.debian.net/2007/07/22...ng-usage-data/

Instrumented GIMP To Identify Usability Flaws

| New users of the GIMP often become frustrated at the application's unwieldy
| user interface. Now Prof. Michael Terry and a group of researchers at the
| University of Waterloo have created ingimp, a modified version of the GIMP
| that collects real-time usability data in order to help the GIMP developers
| find and fix its usability problems. * *
`----

http://developers.slashdot.org/artic...2F10%2F1817230

Linux VS Windows usability.

,----[ Quote ]