Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron .. - Linux ; josh fickler wrote: > Too stupid to read I see. Look at the beginning of this thread where kid > with the worthless degree (spike) makes the same retarded claims as you > then gets slapped down with citations and ...

  1. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

    josh fickler wrote:

    > Too stupid to read I see. Look at the beginning of this thread where kid
    > with the worthless degree (spike) makes the same retarded claims as you
    > then gets slapped down with citations and goes running away.

    Correction, Kid still with unfinished degree, likely because he spends all
    his time spamming the net. AFAICT he still hasn't been awarded his degree.

  2. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

    On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:35:09 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > josh fickler wrote:
    >
    >> Too stupid to read I see. Look at the beginning of this thread where kid
    >> with the worthless degree (spike) makes the same retarded claims as you
    >> then gets slapped down with citations and goes running away.

    > Correction, Kid still with unfinished degree, likely because he spends all
    > his time spamming the net. AFAICT he still hasn't been awarded his degree.

    He's at least 2 years behind in getting his degree.
    All that spamming comes at a price.

    I hope Roy Schestowitz's masters are paying him enough to make it worth his
    while.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

    Erik Funkenbusch did eloquently scribble:
    > josh fickler wrote:

    >> Too stupid to read I see. Look at the beginning of this thread where kid
    >> with the worthless degree (spike) makes the same retarded claims as you
    >> then gets slapped down with citations and goes running away.

    > Correction, Kid still with unfinished degree, likely because he spends all
    > his time spamming the net. AFAICT he still hasn't been awarded his degree.

    Exqueeze me?
    Unfinished degree? Really... tsk.
    Spamming the net?
    When have I *EVER* done that? Awww, is poor old ewik getting all confuzzled
    and mistaking me for Roy, now?
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  4. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

  5. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

    In article <58mdnYxSM7VQCXvanZ2dnUVZ_v7inZ2d@giganews.com>,
    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    > > Too stupid to read I see. Look at the beginning of this thread where kid
    > > with the worthless degree (spike) makes the same retarded claims as you
    > > then gets slapped down with citations and goes running away.

    > Correction, Kid still with unfinished degree, likely because he spends all
    > his time spamming the net. AFAICT he still hasn't been awarded his degree.

    No, that's Roy. Spike has a degree.

    Well, some would say he has a degree (I would), but according to the
    Schestowitz/Kent crowd, Spike does not have a degree, because a Masters
    is the minimum for a *real* degree.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  6. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

    Tim Smith writes:

    > In article <58mdnYxSM7VQCXvanZ2dnUVZ_v7inZ2d@giganews.com>,
    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >> > Too stupid to read I see. Look at the beginning of this thread where kid
    >> > with the worthless degree (spike) makes the same retarded claims as you
    >> > then gets slapped down with citations and goes running away.

    >> Correction, Kid still with unfinished degree, likely because he spends all
    >> his time spamming the net. AFAICT he still hasn't been awarded his degree.

    > No, that's Roy. Spike has a degree.
    >
    > Well, some would say he has a degree (I would), but according to the
    > Schestowitz/Kent crowd, Spike does not have a degree, because a Masters
    > is the minimum for a *real* degree.

    Most people with a Masters in CS or IT related subjects are generally
    far less qualified than those with a BSc/BEng in the same subjects. Why?
    Because usually the Masters is a short familiarisation/conversion course
    from something like Math or even History!

    --
    - "Just think, consumers are not sold on XP, and Microsoft shelled out
    some major $$$ to develop this thing. This is a great opportunity for

  7. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Erik Funkenbusch did eloquently scribble:
    >> josh fickler wrote:

    >>> Too stupid to read I see. Look at the beginning of this thread where kid
    >>> with the worthless degree (spike) makes the same retarded claims as you
    >>> then gets slapped down with citations and goes running away.

    >> Correction, Kid still with unfinished degree, likely because he spends
    >> all
    >> his time spamming the net. AFAICT he still hasn't been awarded his
    >> degree.

    > Exqueeze me?
    > Unfinished degree? Really... tsk.
    > Spamming the net?
    > When have I *EVER* done that? Awww, is poor old ewik getting all
    > confuzzled and mistaking me for Roy, now?

    I didn't mistake you for Roy, I mistook Josh's comment as referring to Roy.

  8. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

    Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    > Most people with a Masters in CS or IT related subjects are generally
    > far less qualified than those with a BSc/BEng in the same subjects. Why?
    > Because usually the Masters is a short familiarisation/conversion course
    > from something like Math or even History!

    Awww, that's the nicest thing you've ever said...
    Here, have a creme egg.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  9. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

    spike1@freenet.co.uk espoused:
    > Erik Funkenbusch did eloquently scribble:
    >> josh fickler wrote:

    >>> Too stupid to read I see. Look at the beginning of this thread where kid
    >>> with the worthless degree (spike) makes the same retarded claims as you
    >>> then gets slapped down with citations and goes running away.

    >> Correction, Kid still with unfinished degree, likely because he spends all
    >> his time spamming the net. AFAICT he still hasn't been awarded his degree.

    > Exqueeze me?
    > Unfinished degree? Really... tsk.
    > Spamming the net?
    > When have I *EVER* done that? Awww, is poor old ewik getting all confuzzled
    > and mistaking me for Roy, now?

    Roy's a postgrad, I think?

  10. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

    ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 29 March 2008 19:16 : \____

    > spike1@freenet.co.uk espoused:
    >> Erik Funkenbusch did eloquently scribble:

    >>> Correction, Kid still with unfinished degree, likely because he spends all
    >>> his time spamming the net. AFAICT he still hasn't been awarded his degree.

    >> Exqueeze me?
    >> Unfinished degree? Really... tsk.
    >> Spamming the net?
    >> When have I *EVER* done that? Awww, is poor old ewik getting all confuzzled
    >> and mistaking me for Roy, now?

    > Roy's a postgrad, I think?

    I finished most of my experimental (as in practical) work when I was 23. Due to
    filtering, I don't know what the trolls are saying about me or my university
    (I've been employed here since I was 19), but I was fortunate enough to do my
    PhD with the head of the computer science department... and it's ranked at the
    very top, on par with only 5 others (Oxford, Soton, Cam, Edin and another one
    I can't recall).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz
    Swap: 1510068k total, 538100k used, 971968k free, 63352k cached

  11. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 06:16:14 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 29 March 2008 19:16 : \____
    >
    >> spike1@freenet.co.uk espoused:
    >>> Erik Funkenbusch did eloquently scribble:

    >>> Exqueeze me?
    >>> Unfinished degree? Really... tsk.
    >>> Spamming the net?
    >>> When have I *EVER* done that? Awww, is poor old ewik getting all confuzzled
    >>> and mistaking me for Roy, now?

    >> Roy's a postgrad, I think?

    > I finished most of my experimental (as in practical) work when I was 23. Due to
    > filtering, I don't know what the trolls are saying about me or my university
    > (I've been employed here since I was 19), but I was fortunate enough to do my
    > PhD with the head of the computer science department... and it's ranked at the
    > very top, on par with only 5 others (Oxford, Soton, Cam, Edin and another one
    > I can't recall).

    Lying again Roy Schesotwitz?

    Your own words:

    http://locusmeus.com/aww/who-is-who.html

    "I am a Ph.D. student at The Victoria University of Manchester, expecting
    completion in 2006."
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:58:41 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 06:16:14 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 29 March 2008 19:16 : \____
    >>
    >>> spike1@freenet.co.uk espoused:

    >>> Roy's a postgrad, I think?

    >> I finished most of my experimental (as in practical) work when I was
    >> 23. Due to filtering, I don't know what the trolls are saying about me
    >> or my university (I've been employed here since I was 19), but I was
    >> fortunate enough to do my PhD with the head of the computer science
    >> department... and it's ranked at the very top, on par with only 5
    >> others (Oxford, Soton, Cam, Edin and another one I can't recall).

    > Lying again Roy Schesotwitz?
    >
    > Your own words:
    >
    > http://locusmeus.com/aww/who-is-who.html
    >
    > "I am a Ph.D. student at The Victoria University of Manchester,
    > expecting completion in 2006."

    More Roy obsession, I see.

    Where is the specific lie proved? Where can you prove he hasn't been
    employed somewhere at the University since he was 19?

    Or, are you saying he didn't finish his doctorate?

    --
    Rick

  13. Re: Doug Mentohl demonstrates how to be a moron ..

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 29 March 2008 19:16 : \____
    >
    >> spike1@freenet.co.uk espoused:
    >>> Erik Funkenbusch did eloquently scribble:

    >>> Exqueeze me?
    >>> Unfinished degree? Really... tsk.
    >>> Spamming the net?
    >>> When have I *EVER* done that? Awww, is poor old ewik getting all confuzzled
    >>> and mistaking me for Roy, now?

    >> Roy's a postgrad, I think?

    > I finished most of my experimental (as in practical) work when I was 23. Due to
    > filtering, I don't know what the trolls are saying about me or my university
    > (I've been employed here since I was 19), but I was fortunate enough to do my
    > PhD with the head of the computer science department... and it's ranked at the
    > very top, on par with only 5 others (Oxford, Soton, Cam, Edin and another one
    > I can't recall).

    I only saw this because of the responses to it...