Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents" - Linux

This is a discussion on Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents" - Linux ; From: http://diggcomments.headzoo.com/ === Goodbye! The Digg comment stalker is no more. I have switched from a Windows dedicated server, to a Linux server, and the Digg comment stalker is written in ASP.NET. So for now the comment stalker no longer ...

  1. Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

    From: http://diggcomments.headzoo.com/

    ===
    Goodbye!

    The Digg comment stalker is no more.

    I have switched from a Windows dedicated server, to a Linux server, and the
    Digg comment stalker is written in ASP.NET. So for now the comment stalker no
    longer exists.
    ===

  2. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht
    > From: http://diggcomments.headzoo.com/
    >
    > ===
    > Goodbye!
    >
    > The Digg comment stalker is no more.

    "So for now"?, great victory Roy! I bet he's back within a few hours!
    LMFAO

    > I have switched from a Windows dedicated server, to a Linux server, and
    > the
    > Digg comment stalker is written in ASP.NET. So for now the comment stalker
    > no
    > longer exists.
    > ===

  3. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

    On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 08:57:09 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > From: http://diggcomments.headzoo.com/
    >
    > ===
    > Goodbye!
    >
    > The Digg comment stalker is no more.
    >
    > I have switched from a Windows dedicated server, to a Linux server, and the
    > Digg comment stalker is written in ASP.NET. So for now the comment stalker no
    > longer exists.
    > ===

    You're an idiot Roy Schestowitz....

    http://garycarstensen.googlepages.com/comments7.html

    Even better than the Digg Comment Stalker which BTW has been gone for quite
    a while now.

    Looks like your rating is horrible as usual.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

  5. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

    "Doris Gets Her Oates" wrote in message
    > Moshe is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)
    >
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html

    Yet another retarded linux advocate.

  6. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

    In article <1879721.7HIYf747Eg@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > From: http://diggcomments.headzoo.com/
    >
    > ===
    > Goodbye!
    >
    > The Digg comment stalker is no more.
    >
    > I have switched from a Windows dedicated server, to a Linux server, and the
    > Digg comment stalker is written in ASP.NET. So for now the comment stalker no
    > longer exists.
    > ===

    Note that the only person who has ever (as far as I've seen) mentioned
    that page here is Roy. It's also interesting that whenever he has
    mentioned it before, it was right near a time when someone obviously
    systematically modded down all comments critical of Roy and modded up
    all Roy comments. Coincidence?

    Roy noticed the page is gone because Roy regularly uses that page.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  7. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

    On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:40:11 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <1879721.7HIYf747Eg@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> From: http://diggcomments.headzoo.com/
    >>
    >> ===
    >> Goodbye!
    >>
    >> The Digg comment stalker is no more.
    >>
    >> I have switched from a Windows dedicated server, to a Linux server, and the
    >> Digg comment stalker is written in ASP.NET. So for now the comment stalker no
    >> longer exists.
    >> ===

    > Note that the only person who has ever (as far as I've seen) mentioned
    > that page here is Roy. It's also interesting that whenever he has
    > mentioned it before, it was right near a time when someone obviously
    > systematically modded down all comments critical of Roy and modded up
    > all Roy comments. Coincidence?

    Of course not.

    > Roy noticed the page is gone because Roy regularly uses that page.

    Roy's digg rating is extremly important to his massive ego.

    Not to mention the fact that bad press doesn't keep his benefactors happy.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

    > In article <1879721.7HIYf747Eg@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> From: http://diggcomments.headzoo.com/
    >>
    >> ===
    >> Goodbye!
    >>
    >> The Digg comment stalker is no more.
    >>
    >> I have switched from a Windows dedicated server, to a Linux server, and the
    >> Digg comment stalker is written in ASP.NET. So for now the comment stalker no
    >> longer exists.
    >> ===

    > Note that the only person who has ever (as far as I've seen) mentioned
    > that page here is Roy. It's also interesting that whenever he has
    > mentioned it before, it was right near a time when someone obviously
    > systematically modded down all comments critical of Roy and modded up
    > all Roy comments. Coincidence?
    >
    > Roy noticed the page is gone because Roy regularly uses that page.

    I think you're nuts, Tim.

    --
    To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit
    different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's

  9. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

  10. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

    In article ,
    Linonut wrote:
    > > Note that the only person who has ever (as far as I've seen) mentioned
    > > that page here is Roy. It's also interesting that whenever he has
    > > mentioned it before, it was right near a time when someone obviously
    > > systematically modded down all comments critical of Roy and modded up
    > > all Roy comments. Coincidence?
    > >
    > > Roy noticed the page is gone because Roy regularly uses that page.

    > I think you're nuts, Tim.

    Could be, but right around the time he first posted that, all my
    comments on the first couple of pages of results there went down by one,
    including ones in threads that were long past getting any activity. So,
    it sure looks like someone suddenly discovered a tool for mass
    moderating. It could have been someone who read the link Roy posted, of
    course. Or it could just be a coincidence.

    As far as using that page goes, note that if you are just interested in
    keeping up with someone's comments in Digg, there are more useful ways
    to do it.

    1. Make them a "friend" on Digg. You can then easily check them, and
    all your other friends.

    2. Look at the comments page under their profile. Here's all my Digg
    comments, for example:

    You can get the comments, and the net moderation, with working links
    back to the comment itself.

    3. This tool shows you all the recent comments of a given person:

    and, unlike the comments section on their profile page, gives you the
    separate totals for up votes and down votes, and gives some statistics
    on the comments. (It also provides a link back to the comments, but
    that is not reliable. #2 is best for actually keeping up with someone,
    friend or foe. The main use of #3 is stats and the details on
    moderation).

    The page Roy linked to was really only useful for mass moderating
    someone comments. Those not interesting in mass moderating someone
    else, when told about it, would most likely visit it once, see that it
    isn't useful for legitimate purposes, and leave. I didn't even save a
    bookmark to it, as I could see no reason to ever use it.

    Yet Roy, who should have no reason to use it if he's not mass
    moderating, finds out it is gone? And no, it's not because he suddenly
    noticed his Digg comments aren't being modded down, because he mostly
    stopped commenting on Digg. He did recently post a couple, and one
    promptly went to -4, just like they used to. The other one was on-topic
    and useful, so did not go down (just like his rare on-topic and useful
    comments did not before).

    --
    --Tim Smith

  11. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

    On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:07:42 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Linonut wrote:
    >>> Note that the only person who has ever (as far as I've seen) mentioned
    >>> that page here is Roy. It's also interesting that whenever he has
    >>> mentioned it before, it was right near a time when someone obviously
    >>> systematically modded down all comments critical of Roy and modded up
    >>> all Roy comments. Coincidence?
    >>>
    >>> Roy noticed the page is gone because Roy regularly uses that page.

    >> I think you're nuts, Tim.

    > Could be, but right around the time he first posted that, all my
    > comments on the first couple of pages of results there went down by one,
    > including ones in threads that were long past getting any activity. So,
    > it sure looks like someone suddenly discovered a tool for mass
    > moderating. It could have been someone who read the link Roy posted, of
    > course. Or it could just be a coincidence.

    Roy's friends have been digging him up for a while now but recently it has
    become ridiculous and something is going on.

    He will post a story and within minutes it will go to 6 Digs.
    Almost always, just to 6 Diggs.
    Not 2 Diggs, not 3 Diggs, but 6 Diggs.

    And within minutes and just about every time.

    People other than myself have noticed this as well.

    > As far as using that page goes, note that if you are just interested in
    > keeping up with someone's comments in Digg, there are more useful ways
    > to do it.
    >
    > 1. Make them a "friend" on Digg. You can then easily check them, and
    > all your other friends.
    >
    > 2. Look at the comments page under their profile. Here's all my Digg
    > comments, for example:
    >

    > You can get the comments, and the net moderation, with working links
    > back to the comment itself.
    >
    > 3. This tool shows you all the recent comments of a given person:
    >

    > and, unlike the comments section on their profile page, gives you the
    > separate totals for up votes and down votes, and gives some statistics
    > on the comments. (It also provides a link back to the comments, but
    > that is not reliable. #2 is best for actually keeping up with someone,
    > friend or foe. The main use of #3 is stats and the details on
    > moderation).

    I just look at his history and comment.
    I digg Roy up on occasion as well, when he posts something useful.

    > The page Roy linked to was really only useful for mass moderating
    > someone comments. Those not interesting in mass moderating someone
    > else, when told about it, would most likely visit it once, see that it
    > isn't useful for legitimate purposes, and leave. I didn't even save a
    > bookmark to it, as I could see no reason to ever use it.

    it was colorful, that is about it.

    > Yet Roy, who should have no reason to use it if he's not mass
    > moderating, finds out it is gone? And no, it's not because he suddenly
    > noticed his Digg comments aren't being modded down, because he mostly
    > stopped commenting on Digg. He did recently post a couple, and one
    > promptly went to -4, just like they used to. The other one was on-topic
    > and useful, so did not go down (just like his rare on-topic and useful
    > comments did not before).

    Yea, he blames everyone under the Sun for his getting buried.
    It never occurred to him that maybe people are sick and tired of his games
    and they are on to him.

    Plus, when he comments, anyone can get a quick and dirty survey of what
    people on digg think of him and as you can see by his rating it's not good.

    By just posting stories and his usual SPAM flood, there is no real way of
    gauging what people think because just like in COLA, Roy's posts get very,
    very few comments.

    The only people who care about ratings are people who have an agenda and
    can't afford to look bad.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

  13. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

    On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:48:26 -0400, josh fickler wrote:

    > Yet another retarded linux advocate.

    yet another teranews troll...

    *plonk*

  14. Re: Bad News to Microsoft's "Agents"

    > In article ,
    > Linonut wrote:
    >> > Note that the only person who has ever (as far as I've seen) mentioned
    >> > that page here is Roy. It's also interesting that whenever he has
    >> > mentioned it before, it was right near a time when someone obviously
    >> > systematically modded down all comments critical of Roy and modded up
    >> > all Roy comments. Coincidence?
    >> >
    >> > Roy noticed the page is gone because Roy regularly uses that page.

    >> I think you're nuts, Tim.

    Borrrrrringgggg.

    --
    There never was a chip, it is said, that Bill Gates couldn't slow down with a
    new batch of features.

+ Reply to Thread