Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants' - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants' - Linux ; On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:06:47 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > The Pikom Meeting About Microsoft's OOXML ... No! (bangs the table) Ecma 376! > > ,----[ Quote ] >| Doug noted that the guys on the opposite side of ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:06:47 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > The Pikom Meeting About Microsoft's OOXML ... No! (bangs the table) Ecma 376!
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Doug noted that the guys on the opposite side of the table from Microsoft
    >| (and (BANGS hand on table!) Ecma!) did not discuss any of the 23 comments
    >| made by Malaysia for the BRM ... and he's right, we didn't. Again, speaking
    >| for myself, prior to the meeting, I was sceptical that the "pro-OOXML" gang
    >| would actually just concentrate on that. This was mainly because I didn't
    >| know who would be attending on their side. I certainly did not expect that
    >| Microsoft would bring Doug Mahugh, Oliver Bell, Dave Welsh and (BANGS hand on
    >| table!) Jan van de Veld, former Sec-Gen of Ecma International. I fully
    >| expected Microsoft to apply the Chewbacca Defense strategy, and therefore
    >| figured that I must concentrate on my own Wookie-based defense.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008...kom-meeti.html

    Ahh.. gotta love the IBM employees masquerading as independant entities.

    I like this comment:

    "Oliver Bell pointed out that ODF was passed without as intense a scrutiny
    as OOXML and that ODF has flaws too. I pointed out that ODF is not quite
    why the meeting was being held that night, and as far as I'm concerned,
    that's no longer relevant."

    In other words, "Yeah, you're completely right, and we're all hypocrites,
    but because of my financial bias as an IBM employee, i'm going to ignore
    this and deflect it."

    "He then pointed out that it would not be fair for us to have a lower bar
    for ODF and a higher bar for OOXML. I wish I had the erudition that night
    to point out that if the bar was lowered for OOXML, then ... well, two
    wrongs don't make a right. "

    Wow, so he's admitting ODF is a piece of crap. So there goes the defense
    of "But we already have a perfectly good standard".

    See that's the problem with the anti-OOXML crowd. They're in such a rush
    to stop Microsoft, that they're willing to cut off their nose to spite
    their face.

    "So, to return to the point, given that DIS29500 does not even seem to be
    good at this point, if Pikom voted "Yes" to it, it would be irresponsible
    on their part."

    Then I guess, by his own admission, Pikom was pretty irresponsible for
    approving ODF.

    "On the subject of handling the issues in Maintenance, the point is why?
    Why do it in Maintenance, when you can do it in The Now?"

    OASIS doesn't seem to have a problem attempting to correct itself
    post-standard. Oh right, two wrongs...

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    >Ahh.. gotta love the IBM employees masquerading as independant entities.

    Ahh.. Gotta love Microshaft Fudsters misinterpreting everything they
    read.

    >I like this comment:
    >
    >"Oliver Bell pointed out that ODF was passed without as intense a scrutiny
    >as OOXML and that ODF has flaws too. I pointed out that ODF is not quite
    >why the meeting was being held that night, and as far as I'm concerned,
    >that's no longer relevant."
    >
    >In other words, "Yeah, you're completely right, and we're all hypocrites,
    >but because of my financial bias as an IBM employee, i'm going to ignore
    >this and deflect it."

    Idiot. There is nothing hypocritical in giving extra scrutiny to any
    "standard" proposed by the monopolizers from Redmond.

    Dumb****. He admitted no such thing.

    >So there goes the defense
    >of "But we already have a perfectly good standard".

    Stupid twit. A standard need not be "perfect" to be "good".

    >See that's the problem with the anti-OOXML crowd. They're in such a rush
    >to stop Microsoft, that they're willing to cut off their nose to spite
    >their face.

    Even if true, lose of one's nose is better than lose of one's life,
    which may be the only options when dealing with the ruthless assholes
    who run Microshaft.

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:47:38 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:06:47 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> The Pikom Meeting About Microsoft's OOXML ... No! (bangs the table) Ecma 376!
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Doug noted that the guys on the opposite side of the table from Microsoft
    >>| (and (BANGS hand on table!) Ecma!) did not discuss any of the 23 comments
    >>| made by Malaysia for the BRM ... and he's right, we didn't. Again, speaking
    >>| for myself, prior to the meeting, I was sceptical that the "pro-OOXML" gang
    >>| would actually just concentrate on that. This was mainly because I didn't
    >>| know who would be attending on their side. I certainly did not expect that
    >>| Microsoft would bring Doug Mahugh, Oliver Bell, Dave Welsh and (BANGS hand on
    >>| table!) Jan van de Veld, former Sec-Gen of Ecma International. I fully
    >>| expected Microsoft to apply the Chewbacca Defense strategy, and therefore
    >>| figured that I must concentrate on my own Wookie-based defense.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008...kom-meeti.html

    > Ahh.. gotta love the IBM employees masquerading as independant entities.
    >
    > I like this comment:
    >
    > "Oliver Bell pointed out that ODF was passed without as intense a scrutiny
    > as OOXML and that ODF has flaws too. I pointed out that ODF is not quite
    > why the meeting was being held that night, and as far as I'm concerned,
    > that's no longer relevant."
    >
    > In other words, "Yeah, you're completely right, and we're all hypocrites,
    > but because of my financial bias as an IBM employee, i'm going to ignore
    > this and deflect it."
    >
    > "He then pointed out that it would not be fair for us to have a lower bar
    > for ODF and a higher bar for OOXML. I wish I had the erudition that night
    > to point out that if the bar was lowered for OOXML, then ... well, two
    > wrongs don't make a right. "
    >
    > Wow, so he's admitting ODF is a piece of crap. So there goes the defense
    > of "But we already have a perfectly good standard".
    >
    > See that's the problem with the anti-OOXML crowd. They're in such a rush
    > to stop Microsoft, that they're willing to cut off their nose to spite
    > their face.
    >
    > "So, to return to the point, given that DIS29500 does not even seem to be
    > good at this point, if Pikom voted "Yes" to it, it would be irresponsible
    > on their part."
    >
    > Then I guess, by his own admission, Pikom was pretty irresponsible for
    > approving ODF.
    >
    > "On the subject of handling the issues in Maintenance, the point is why?
    > Why do it in Maintenance, when you can do it in The Now?"
    >
    > OASIS doesn't seem to have a problem attempting to correct itself
    > post-standard. Oh right, two wrongs...

    The problem with COLA and Linux advocates is that their attacks are aimed
    at Microsoft for the most part while IBM is slithering throough the swamp
    lining the ducks up to get picked off.

    If these loons in COLA think Microsoft is bad, they haven't come face to
    face with IBM yet.

    The one thing about IBM is that they are better at keeping a low profile
    and getting away with it's dirty tricks.
    Much better than Microsoft is.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    chrisv wrote:

    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >>Ahh.. gotta love the IBM employees masquerading as independant entities.

    > Ahh.. Gotta love Microshaft Fudsters misinterpreting everything they
    > read.
    >
    >>I like this comment:
    >>
    >>"Oliver Bell pointed out that ODF was passed without as intense a scrutiny
    >>as OOXML and that ODF has flaws too. I pointed out that ODF is not quite
    >>why the meeting was being held that night, and as far as I'm concerned,
    >>that's no longer relevant."
    >>
    >>In other words, "Yeah, you're completely right, and we're all hypocrites,
    >>but because of my financial bias as an IBM employee, i'm going to ignore
    >>this and deflect it."

    > Idiot. There is nothing hypocritical in giving extra scrutiny to any
    > "standard" proposed by the monopolizers from Redmond.
    >
    >>"He then pointed out that it would not be fair for us to have a lower bar
    >>for ODF and a higher bar for OOXML. I wish I had the erudition that night
    >>to point out that if the bar was lowered for OOXML, then ... well, two
    >>wrongs don't make a right. "
    >>
    >>Wow, so he's admitting ODF is a piece of crap.

    > Dumb****. He admitted no such thing.
    >
    >>So there goes the defense
    >>of "But we already have a perfectly good standard".

    > Stupid twit. A standard need not be "perfect" to be "good".
    >
    >>See that's the problem with the anti-OOXML crowd. They're in such a rush
    >>to stop Microsoft, that they're willing to cut off their nose to spite
    >>their face.

    > Even if true, lose of one's nose is better than lose of one's life,
    > which may be the only options when dealing with the ruthless assholes
    > who run Microshaft.

    Reading & miscomprehension abilities must be a fundamental requisite of being a
    wintroll, like Quack & FUDdenbush.

    --
    Mandriva 1 - 2008 - RC1 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    "William Poaster" wrote in message
    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ahh.. gotta love the IBM employees masquerading as independant entities.

    >> Ahh.. Gotta love Microshaft Fudsters misinterpreting everything they
    >> read.
    >>
    >>>I like this comment:
    >>>
    >>>"Oliver Bell pointed out that ODF was passed without as intense a
    >>>scrutiny
    >>>as OOXML and that ODF has flaws too. I pointed out that ODF is not quite
    >>>why the meeting was being held that night, and as far as I'm concerned,
    >>>that's no longer relevant."
    >>>
    >>>In other words, "Yeah, you're completely right, and we're all hypocrites,
    >>>but because of my financial bias as an IBM employee, i'm going to ignore
    >>>this and deflect it."

    >> Idiot. There is nothing hypocritical in giving extra scrutiny to any
    >> "standard" proposed by the monopolizers from Redmond.
    >>
    >>>"He then pointed out that it would not be fair for us to have a lower bar
    >>>for ODF and a higher bar for OOXML. I wish I had the erudition that night
    >>>to point out that if the bar was lowered for OOXML, then ... well, two
    >>>wrongs don't make a right. "
    >>>
    >>>Wow, so he's admitting ODF is a piece of crap.

    >> Dumb****. He admitted no such thing.
    >>
    >>>So there goes the defense
    >>>of "But we already have a perfectly good standard".

    >> Stupid twit. A standard need not be "perfect" to be "good".
    >>
    >>>See that's the problem with the anti-OOXML crowd. They're in such a rush
    >>>to stop Microsoft, that they're willing to cut off their nose to spite
    >>>their face.

    >> Even if true, lose of one's nose is better than lose of one's life,
    >> which may be the only options when dealing with the ruthless assholes
    >> who run Microshaft.

    > Reading & miscomprehension abilities must be a fundamental requisite of
    > being a
    > wintroll, like Quack & FUDdenbush.

    Yet another complete waste of time and bandwidth from the most useless
    poster in the history of usenet.

    > --
    > Mandriva 1 - 2008 - RC1 - 64bit OS.
    > COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:26:37 -0400, josh fickler wrote:

    > "William Poaster" wrote in message
    >> Reading & miscomprehension abilities must be a fundamental requisite of
    >> being a
    >> wintroll, like Quack & FUDdenbush.

    > Yet another complete waste of time and bandwidth from the most useless
    > poster in the history of usenet.

    No, that would be "The Tholenator"

    look him up, he makes Kohlmann look like Steven King.

  8. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:15:50 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ahh.. gotta love the IBM employees masquerading as independant entities.

    >> Ahh.. Gotta love Microshaft Fudsters misinterpreting everything they
    >> read.
    >>
    >>>I like this comment:
    >>>
    >>>"Oliver Bell pointed out that ODF was passed without as intense a scrutiny
    >>>as OOXML and that ODF has flaws too. I pointed out that ODF is not quite
    >>>why the meeting was being held that night, and as far as I'm concerned,
    >>>that's no longer relevant."
    >>>
    >>>In other words, "Yeah, you're completely right, and we're all hypocrites,
    >>>but because of my financial bias as an IBM employee, i'm going to ignore
    >>>this and deflect it."

    >> Idiot. There is nothing hypocritical in giving extra scrutiny to any
    >> "standard" proposed by the monopolizers from Redmond.
    >>
    >>>"He then pointed out that it would not be fair for us to have a lower bar
    >>>for ODF and a higher bar for OOXML. I wish I had the erudition that night
    >>>to point out that if the bar was lowered for OOXML, then ... well, two
    >>>wrongs don't make a right. "
    >>>
    >>>Wow, so he's admitting ODF is a piece of crap.

    >> Dumb****. He admitted no such thing.
    >>
    >>>So there goes the defense
    >>>of "But we already have a perfectly good standard".

    >> Stupid twit. A standard need not be "perfect" to be "good".
    >>
    >>>See that's the problem with the anti-OOXML crowd. They're in such a rush
    >>>to stop Microsoft, that they're willing to cut off their nose to spite
    >>>their face.

    >> Even if true, lose of one's nose is better than lose of one's life,
    >> which may be the only options when dealing with the ruthless assholes
    >> who run Microshaft.

    > Reading & miscomprehension abilities must be a fundamental requisite of being a
    > wintroll, like Quack & FUDdenbush.

    I read and comprehended what he said just fine, thank you. You simply want
    to bury your head in the sand.

  9. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:05:45 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:15:50 +0000, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> chrisv wrote:

    >>> Ahh.. Gotta love Microshaft Fudsters misinterpreting everything they
    >>> read.

    >>> Idiot. There is nothing hypocritical in giving extra scrutiny to any
    >>> "standard" proposed by the monopolizers from Redmond.

    >>> Dumb****. He admitted no such thing.

    >>> Stupid twit. A standard need not be "perfect" to be "good".

    >>> Even if true, lose of one's nose is better than lose of one's life,
    >>> which may be the only options when dealing with the ruthless assholes
    >>> who run Microshaft.

    >> Reading & miscomprehension abilities must be a fundamental requisite of being a
    >> wintroll, like Quack & FUDdenbush.

    > I read and comprehended what he said just fine, thank you. You simply want
    > to bury your head in the sand.

    William Poaster's head is buried alright, but it's not buried in the
    sand..............

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia,Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    >> Reading & miscomprehension abilities must be a fundamental requisite of
    >> being a wintroll, like Quack & FUDdenbush.

    > I read and comprehended what he said just fine, thank you. You simply
    > want to bury your head in the sand.

    No, you did not. Stop lying, Funkentroll.

  11. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    chrisv writes:

    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >>> Reading & miscomprehension abilities must be a fundamental requisite of
    >>> being a wintroll, like Quack & FUDdenbush.

    >> I read and comprehended what he said just fine, thank you. You simply
    >> want to bury your head in the sand.

    > No, you did not. Stop lying, Funkentroll.

    Here is the "original" chrisv debating LINUX in COLA:

    http://tinyurl.com/389dny

    http://tinyurl.com/2outz8

    --
    Does she think we just want to sit around painting debian swirls on our
    toenails?

  12. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    chrisv wrote:

    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >>> Reading & miscomprehension abilities must be a fundamental requisite of
    >>> being a wintroll, like Quack & FUDdenbush.

    >> I read and comprehended what he said just fine, thank you. You simply
    >> want to bury your head in the sand.

    > No, you did not. Stop lying, Funkentroll.

    It's what he does. All trolls lie, & FUDdenbusch is no exception.

    --
    Mandriva 1 - 2008 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    * William Poaster peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > chrisv wrote:

    >>> I read and comprehended what he said just fine, thank you. You simply
    >>> want to bury your head in the sand.

    >> No, you did not. Stop lying, Funkentroll.

    > It's what he does. All trolls lie, & FUDdenbusch is no exception.

    He's been on a tear today with attempted trolling material.

    Imagine thinking anyone is going to read a list of his complaints about
    Linux.

    I'd rather re-read old DFS cheap-shots and jeering ridicule .

    --
    Personal computing today is a rich ecosystem encompassing massive PC-based data
    centers, notebook and Tablet PCs, handheld devices, and smart cell phones. It

  14. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

    Linonut wrote:

    > * William Poaster peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> chrisv wrote:

    >>> No, you did not. Stop lying, Funkentroll.

    >> It's what he does. All trolls lie, & FUDdenbusch is no exception.

    > He's been on a tear today with attempted trolling material.
    >
    > Imagine thinking anyone is going to read a list of his complaints about
    > Linux.

    He probably googled them anyway, or he ****ed something up. Eitherway, he's no
    credibility AFAIC so his "complaints" mean nothing.

    > I'd rather re-read old DFS cheap-shots and jeering ridicule .

    --
    Mandriva 1 - 2008 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest ShilLobbying in Malaysia, Pseudo-independent 'Consultants'

+ Reply to Thread