iPhone vs. Android : An Open Source Devs Perspective

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Andrea Gazzaniga, software development manager at mobile open
| source vendor Funambol the answer is not entirely clear. In a rambling
| overflow presentation at AjaxWorld's iPhone Sumitt, Gazzaniga attempted to
| outline the differences and similiaraties between iPhone and Android.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner...open-sour.html

Adobe backtrack on iPhone Flash promise: SDK not good enough

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe has been forced to clarify CEO Shantanu Narayen’s comments earlier this
| week regarding the possibility of a Flash client on the iPhone. As we
| suggested yesterday, the technical and licensing limitations of the current
| SDK - particularly the lack of background processes or Safari-plugins for
| third-party software - are enough to prevent Adobe from developing a new
| iPhone-specific client, unless Apple step in to allow them extra flexibility.
`----

http://www.phonemag.com/adobe-backtr...ugh-031832.php

Apple bans music apps from iPhone SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple may have locked developers out of one key iPhone element, forbidding
| third-party applications from accessing iTunes.
`----

http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipod-itune...pe=allchandate

Confusion over iPhone developer programme

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/105294

Many more articles are showing up at the moment with different types of
complaints (some of which are very obscene).

Related:

First look: latest Google Android SDK a big improvement

,----[ Quote ]
| I tested several of the applications that come with the SDK, including the
| mapping program, the contact book, and the web browser. I also tested the
| experimental Google Talk chat integration feature. I was able to connect to
| Google Talk and receive messages, which are displayed as items on the
| notification panel. The performance and usability of the bundled applications
| is pretty decent. * * *
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...provement.html

Google updates Android software development kit

,----[ Quote ]
| Google released an update to the SDK (software development kit) for Android,
| its mobile-phone operating system.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/...velopment.html

Google releases Android SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has released an SDK (software development kit) that programmers can
| use to create cell-phone applications for the company’s Android mobile
| platform. *
`----

http://www.macworld.com/article/6100...ndroidsdk.html

A developer's perspective on Google's Android SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| This in-depth, hands-on article introduces Android, Google's Linux/Java
| mobile phone SDK (software development kit). After a tour of Android's tools,
| documentation, and code samples, it suggests a path for further exploration
| and concludes with a simple applet showing the power and simplicity of the
| Android environment. * *
`----

Android SDK in the fly

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source community called Vafeo, once more surprises bringing now not
| only a full Operational System but one Linux Distro (Vd_android), with
| Android SDK built in. In many cases people get bother to mess with the OS
| hardDrive in this case, don’t. Because you’re completely able to run it from
| your CD, not requiring installation. If you prefer install, you’re free to
| choose, just choose where, in second partition, replacing your OS, or also
| install in your pen drive. * * *
`----

http://www.gphonemodules.com/2008/01...dk-in-the-fly/

Google Android gets positive early reviews

,----[ Quote ]
| While Google's Android announcement generated a lot of hype, developers had
| to wait a week to see whether the company had actually developed a good *
| platform.
`----

http://www.techworld.com/mobility/fe...gtype=samechan

Emulate Google’s Android Mobile Stack in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| To try out the Android emulator, download and unzip the Linux SDK package.
| The emulator executable is located in the tools subdirectory.
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2007/1...tack-in-linux/

Android opens door to IC open source

,----[ Quote ]