iPhone vs. Android : An Open Source Devs Perspective

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Andrea Gazzaniga, software development manager at mobile open
| source vendor Funambol the answer is not entirely clear. In a rambling
| overflow presentation at AjaxWorld's iPhone Sumitt, Gazzaniga attempted to
| outline the differences and similiaraties between iPhone and Android.

Adobe backtrack on iPhone Flash promise: SDK not good enough

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe has been forced to clarify CEO Shantanu Narayen’s comments earlier this
| week regarding the possibility of a Flash client on the iPhone. As we
| suggested yesterday, the technical and licensing limitations of the current
| SDK - particularly the lack of background processes or Safari-plugins for
| third-party software - are enough to prevent Adobe from developing a new
| iPhone-specific client, unless Apple step in to allow them extra flexibility.

Apple bans music apps from iPhone SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple may have locked developers out of one key iPhone element, forbidding
| third-party applications from accessing iTunes.

Confusion over iPhone developer programme

Many more articles are showing up at the moment with different types of
complaints (some of which are very obscene).

First look: latest Google Android SDK a big improvement

,----[ Quote ]
| I tested several of the applications that come with the SDK, including the
| mapping program, the contact book, and the web browser. I also tested the
| experimental Google Talk chat integration feature. I was able to connect to
| Google Talk and receive messages, which are displayed as items on the
| notification panel. The performance and usability of the bundled applications
| is pretty decent. * * *

Google updates Android software development kit

,----[ Quote ]
| Google released an update to the SDK (software development kit) for Android,
| its mobile-phone operating system.

Google releases Android SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has released an SDK (software development kit) that programmers can
| use to create cell-phone applications for the company’s Android mobile
| platform. *

A developer's perspective on Google's Android SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| This in-depth, hands-on article introduces Android, Google's Linux/Java
| mobile phone SDK (software development kit). After a tour of Android's tools,
| documentation, and code samples, it suggests a path for further exploration
| and concludes with a simple applet showing the power and simplicity of the
| Android environment. * *

Android SDK in the fly

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source community called Vafeo, once more surprises bringing now not
| only a full Operational System but one Linux Distro (Vd_android), with
| Android SDK built in. In many cases people get bother to mess with the OS
| hardDrive in this case, don’t. Because you’re completely able to run it from
| your CD, not requiring installation. If you prefer install, you’re free to
| choose, just choose where, in second partition, replacing your OS, or also
| install in your pen drive. * * *

Google Android gets positive early reviews

,----[ Quote ]
| While Google's Android announcement generated a lot of hype, developers had
| to wait a week to see whether the company had actually developed a good *
| platform.

Emulate Google’s Android Mobile Stack in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| To try out the Android emulator, download and unzip the Linux SDK package.
| The emulator executable is located in the tools subdirectory.

Android opens door to IC open source

,----[ Quote ]