Red Hat open-sources security framework

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat has open-sourced its identity-management and security system to
| promote its assertion that open-source software provides the most secure
| infrastructure.
|
| [...]
|
| According to a blog post by Red Hat's security team, the move "further
| demonstrates Red Hat's belief that the open source development model creates
| more secure software." In addition to offering the Red Hat Certificate System
| to users of its Red Hat Enterprise Linux product, the company also uses it
| internally.
`----

Quote for the day:

"We do NOT want to ship the ’standard’ with Windows because we want to make the
native APIs more attractive. We want to evolve the standard APIs rapidly, and
not have ISVs [independent software vendors] spending time on something that
is cross-platform. "

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --Chairman Bill Gates

Related and recent:

Aternity Joins Red Hat ISV Partner Program

,----[ Quote ]
| By joining the Red Hat ISV Partner Program and the Red Hat Ready Partner
| Program, Aternity will take advantage of the program's co-marketing and
| co-branding offerings to further its footprint among the global community of
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux customers. * *
`----

http://www.ad-hoc-news.de/CorporateN...artner+Program

Alcatel-Lucent to integrate Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Realtime

,----[ Quote ]
| The collaboration supports Alcatel-Lucent's Dynamic Enterprise commitment to
| interconnecting people, networks, process and knowledge in a flexible, open
| environment while helping Red Hat expand its business. *
`----

http://sev.prnewswire.com/computer-n...8032008-1.html

Red Hat, Alcatel-Lucent join forces on unified comms

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9336497,00.htm