Re: [News] Another Antitrust Complaint Against Microsoft Might BeFiled by FOSS Devs - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Another Antitrust Complaint Against Microsoft Might BeFiled by FOSS Devs - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > "Microsoft: still a bunch of gangsters." > > -- Financial Times Writer, reaction to Microsoft 'open' pledge, 2008 Even the mainstream Press calls them gangsters. It's official. -- K. http://slated.org ..---- | 'When it comes to ...

  1. Re: [News] Another Antitrust Complaint Against Microsoft Might BeFiled by FOSS Devs

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    16:44:37 up 89 days, 14:20, 4 users, load average: 1.11, 0.74, 0.45

  2. Re: [News] Another Antitrust Complaint Against Microsoft Might Be Filed by FOSS Devs

    ____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 19 March 2008 16:45 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> "Microsoft: still a bunch of gangsters."
    >>
    >> -- Financial Times Writer, reaction to Microsoft 'open' pledge, 2008

    > Even the mainstream Press calls them gangsters. It's official.

    He's not too happy about me quoting him like this.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Roughly 2% of your keyboard is O/S-specific

  3. Re: [News] Another Antitrust Complaint Against Microsoft Might Be Filed by FOSS Devs

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 19 March 2008 16:45 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Microsoft: still a bunch of gangsters."
    >>>
    >>> -- Financial Times Writer, reaction to Microsoft 'open' pledge, 2008

    >> Even the mainstream Press calls them gangsters. It's official.

    > He's not too happy about me quoting him like this.

    Perhaps he's regretting putting something truthful down... it's a big
    problem in journalism.

  4. Re: [News] Another Antitrust Complaint Against Microsoft Might Be Filed by FOSS Devs

    ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 20 March 2008 12:29 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 19 March 2008 16:45 : \____

    >>> Even the mainstream Press calls them gangsters. It's official.

    >> He's not too happy about me quoting him like this.
    >>

    > Perhaps he's regretting putting something truthful down... it's a big
    > problem in journalism.

    Precisely. The wrath. Perhaps I should start writing about Microsoft in my
    future articles. Let's see how these things can get past fearful editors. They
    try to water down accusations, no matter how justified.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Billigator: eats your filesystem alive
    Mem: 515500k total, 443804k used, 71696k free, 2828k buffers

  5. Re: [News] Another Antitrust Complaint Against Microsoft Might Be Filed by FOSS Devs

    On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:26:25 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Precisely. The wrath. Perhaps I should start writing about Microsoft in my
    > future articles. Let's see how these things can get past fearful editors. They
    > try to water down accusations, no matter how justified.

    No Roy Schestowitz.

    They ask you for proof of your claims and when you tell them "a reliable
    source told me", or you refer back to your own blogs and websites for the
    proof, they edit your submissions because unlike you, they are not
    interested in getting their asses dragged into court to be sued.

    IOW, you can't get away with your total bull**** and lies when you write
    articles for respected, professional publications.

    Welcome to the real world Roy Schestowitz.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: [News] Another Antitrust Complaint Against Microsoft Might Be Filed by FOSS Devs

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 20 March 2008 12:29 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> ____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 19 March 2008 16:45 : \____

    >>> He's not too happy about me quoting him like this.
    >>>

    >> Perhaps he's regretting putting something truthful down... it's a big
    >> problem in journalism.

    > Precisely. The wrath. Perhaps I should start writing about Microsoft in my
    > future articles. Let's see how these things can get past fearful editors. They
    > try to water down accusations, no matter how justified.

    I think the best place to write such things is in the open, in discussion
    fora, on the internet, where the legal systems cannot easily be bent to
    serve the interests of corrupt organisations.

  7. Re: [News] Another Antitrust Complaint Against Microsoft Might Be Filed by FOSS Devs

    ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 27 March 2008 12:59 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 20 March 2008 12:29 : \____
    >>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >>> Perhaps he's regretting putting something truthful down... it's a big
    >>> problem in journalism.

    >> Precisely. The wrath. Perhaps I should start writing about Microsoft in my
    >> future articles. Let's see how these things can get past fearful editors.
    >> They try to water down accusations, no matter how justified.
    >>

    > I think the best place to write such things is in the open, in discussion
    > fora, on the internet, where the legal systems cannot easily be bent to
    > serve the interests of corrupt organisations.

    It's an interesting situation. With a P2P-like communication method like USENET
    you never actually archive or post to the Web **anything** (as in the WWW).
    It's other parties that do this, so they can absorb blame (if any).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
    17:05:01 up 8 days, 5:14, 5 users, load average: 0.78, 0.53, 0.68