Microsoft smear campaign .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft smear campaign .. - Linux ; "We have discovered that Matthew Holloway was badly slurred by a Microsoft employee in an email to one of the bodies advising an overseas standards NB. It is worth noting that our own national body, Standards New Zealand (SNZ), took ...

  1. Microsoft smear campaign ..

    "We have discovered that Matthew Holloway was badly slurred by a
    Microsoft employee in an email to one of the bodies advising an
    overseas standards NB. It is worth noting that our own national body,
    Standards New Zealand (SNZ), took the claims so seriously that they
    responded to parties who received this email"

    'Your email suggests that Matthew is "far from objective" that his
    goal "has always been to de-rail OOXML rather than making it a better
    specification" and that this "has clouded a lot of his thinking"'

    sounds just like the garbage that fuddie comes out with.

  2. Re: Microsoft smear campaign ..

    Doug Mentohl writes:

    > "We have discovered that Matthew Holloway was badly slurred by a
    > Microsoft employee in an email to one of the bodies advising an
    > overseas standards NB. It is worth noting that our own national body,
    > Standards New Zealand (SNZ), took the claims so seriously that they
    > responded to parties who received this email"
    >
    > 'Your email suggests that Matthew is "far from objective" that his
    > goal "has always been to de-rail OOXML rather than making it a better
    > specification" and that this "has clouded a lot of his thinking"'
    >
    > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...80318151252279

    First time I ever took the time to read that site in more detail.

    Wow. What a bunch of paranoid nut jobs!

    It was a single MS employee and all he did was question this guys
    objectivity.

    Like that has never happened in standard adoption procedures
    before. Anyway who needs standards?

    According to COLA when it comes down to UI consistency, it's all about
    "choice".

  3. Re: Microsoft smear campaign ..

    * Doug Mentohl peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "We have discovered that Matthew Holloway was badly slurred by a
    > Microsoft employee in an email to one of the bodies advising an
    > overseas standards NB. It is worth noting that our own national body,
    > Standards New Zealand (SNZ), took the claims so seriously that they
    > responded to parties who received this email"
    >
    > 'Your email suggests that Matthew is "far from objective" that his
    > goal "has always been to de-rail OOXML rather than making it a better
    > specification" and that this "has clouded a lot of his thinking"'
    >
    > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...80318151252279
    > --
    >
    > sounds just like the garbage that fuddie comes out with.

    Yeah, anybody who doesn't trust Microsoft or who criticizes them is
    guilty of "cloudy thinking". Maybe they need to be placed in a
    forced-labor camp for Microserfs.

    "You're hired!"

    --
    Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and
    motivating them, the teacher is the most important.

  4. Re: Microsoft smear campaign ..

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:06:57 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Doug Mentohl writes:
    >
    >> "We have discovered that Matthew Holloway was badly slurred by a
    >> Microsoft employee in an email to one of the bodies advising an
    >> overseas standards NB. It is worth noting that our own national body,
    >> Standards New Zealand (SNZ), took the claims so seriously that they
    >> responded to parties who received this email"
    >>
    >> 'Your email suggests that Matthew is "far from objective" that his
    >> goal "has always been to de-rail OOXML rather than making it a better
    >> specification" and that this "has clouded a lot of his thinking"'
    >>
    >> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...80318151252279

    > First time I ever took the time to read that site in more detail.
    >
    > Wow. What a bunch of paranoid nut jobs!
    >
    > It was a single MS employee and all he did was question this guys
    > objectivity.
    >
    > Like that has never happened in standard adoption procedures
    > before. Anyway who needs standards?
    >
    > According to COLA when it comes down to UI consistency, it's all about
    > "choice".

    Maybe it's Roy Schestowitz under one of his nyms?

    The problem with Linuc advocacy is you are either with them or against
    them.
    IOW you have to swallow the koolaid completely and agree with everything
    they stand for or they don't want you.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. flatfish: when did you stop humping doorknobs ..

    On 19 Mar, 15:36, Moshe GaryFlatfish wrote:

    > Ma ..

    flatfish: when did you stop humping doorknobs ..

  6. Re: Microsoft smear campaign ..

  7. Re: Microsoft smear campaign ..

    On Mar 20, 12:46 am, Linonut wrote:

    > > sounds just like the garbage that fuddie comes out with.

    > Yeah, anybody who doesn't trust Microsoft or who criticizes them is
    > guilty of "cloudy thinking". Maybe they need to be placed in a
    > forced-labor camp for Microserfs.

    This revalation is having Microsoft staff and shills running around
    like headless chooks. A few flying chairs may soon join the fun.

    (chook is 'down under' slang for chicken).

  8. Re: Microsoft smear campaign ..

    ____/ Linonut on Wednesday 19 March 2008 11:46 : \____

    > * Doug Mentohl peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> "We have discovered that Matthew Holloway was badly slurred by a
    >> Microsoft employee in an email to one of the bodies advising an
    >> overseas standards NB. It is worth noting that our own national body,
    >> Standards New Zealand (SNZ), took the claims so seriously that they
    >> responded to parties who received this email"
    >>
    >> 'Your email suggests that Matthew is "far from objective" that his
    >> goal "has always been to de-rail OOXML rather than making it a better
    >> specification" and that this "has clouded a lot of his thinking"'
    >>
    >> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...80318151252279
    >> --
    >>
    >> sounds just like the garbage that fuddie comes out with.

    > Yeah, anybody who doesn't trust Microsoft or who criticizes them is
    > guilty of "cloudy thinking". Maybe they need to be placed in a
    > forced-labor camp for Microserfs.
    >
    > "You're hired!"

    Microsoft is a cult, a religion. Doubting Microsoft is /wrong/.

    Find out more about Microsoft "Jihad" in:

    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | http://debian.org
    Mem: 515500k total, 470440k used, 45060k free, 704k buffers

  9. Re: Microsoft smear campaign ..

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > ____/ Linonut on Wednesday 19 March 2008 11:46 : \____
    >
    >> * Doug Mentohl peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> "We have discovered that Matthew Holloway was badly slurred by a
    >>> Microsoft employee in an email to one of the bodies advising an
    >>> overseas standards NB. It is worth noting that our own national body,
    >>> Standards New Zealand (SNZ), took the claims so seriously that they
    >>> responded to parties who received this email"
    >>>
    >>> 'Your email suggests that Matthew is "far from objective" that his
    >>> goal "has always been to de-rail OOXML rather than making it a better
    >>> specification" and that this "has clouded a lot of his thinking"'
    >>>
    >>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...80318151252279
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> sounds just like the garbage that fuddie comes out with.

    >> Yeah, anybody who doesn't trust Microsoft or who criticizes them is
    >> guilty of "cloudy thinking". Maybe they need to be placed in a
    >> forced-labor camp for Microserfs.
    >>
    >> "You're hired!"

    > Microsoft is a cult, a religion. Doubting Microsoft is /wrong/.

    *chuckle*

    You really are a loony Roy.

    Seriously, get some medical help. A few meds might help you.

    > Find out more about Microsoft "Jihad" in:
    >
    > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...71023002351958

    Alternatively you could check yourself in here:

    http://www.agilitynut.com/06/7/lbin.jpg

    --
    < asuffield> a workstation is anything you can stick on somebodies desk
    and con them into using

  10. Re: Microsoft smear campaign ..

    On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 02:36:52 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> ____/ Linonut on Wednesday 19 March 2008 11:46 : \____
    >>
    >>> * Doug Mentohl peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Yeah, anybody who doesn't trust Microsoft or who criticizes them is
    >>> guilty of "cloudy thinking". Maybe they need to be placed in a
    >>> forced-labor camp for Microserfs.
    >>>
    >>> "You're hired!"

    >> Microsoft is a cult, a religion. Doubting Microsoft is /wrong/.

    > *chuckle*
    >
    > You really are a loony Roy.
    >
    > Seriously, get some medical help. A few meds might help you.
    >

    >> Find out more about Microsoft "Jihad" in:
    >>
    >> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...71023002351958

    > Alternatively you could check yourself in here:
    >
    > http://www.agilitynut.com/06/7/lbin.jpg

    Yea.
    Roy Schestowitz is getting loonier by the day.
    Pretty soon the men in white jackets are going to come and take him away.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: Microsoft smear campaign ..

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 02:36:52 +0100, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Linonut on Wednesday 19 March 2008 11:46 : \____

    >>> Microsoft is a cult, a religion. Doubting Microsoft is /wrong/.

    >> *chuckle*
    >>
    >> You really are a loony Roy.
    >>
    >> Seriously, get some medical help. A few meds might help you.
    >>

    >>> Find out more about Microsoft "Jihad" in:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...71023002351958

    >> Alternatively you could check yourself in here:
    >>
    >> http://www.agilitynut.com/06/7/lbin.jpg

    > Yea.
    > Roy Schestowitz is getting loonier by the day.
    > Pretty soon the men in white jackets are going to come and take him
    > away.

    A psychiatrist friend of mine (reliable source) suggested that Roy's
    posts indicate some sort of "mental headcase loony". I'm not a medical
    man myself but he said that Roy appears to suffer from "being a
    ****ingretardedselfobsessedwanker with a complex". I'm not sure how
    close that is since my Greek is not so good and I flunked out of medical
    school after I had built my first zombie.

    --
    "Ignore the forging nym-shifting troll who pretends to be chrisv! I'm the *REAL* chrisv!"
    chrisv, COLA.

  12. Re: Microsoft smear campaign ..

    On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 03:12:36 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    >>> *chuckle*
    >>>
    >>> You really are a loony Roy.
    >>>
    >>> Seriously, get some medical help. A few meds might help you.

    >>> Alternatively you could check yourself in here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.agilitynut.com/06/7/lbin.jpg

    >> Yea.
    >> Roy Schestowitz is getting loonier by the day.
    >> Pretty soon the men in white jackets are going to come and take him
    >> away.

    > A psychiatrist friend of mine (reliable source) suggested that Roy's
    > posts indicate some sort of "mental headcase loony". I'm not a medical
    > man myself but he said that Roy appears to suffer from "being a
    > ****ingretardedselfobsessedwanker with a complex". I'm not sure how
    > close that is since my Greek is not so good and I flunked out of medical
    > school after I had built my first zombie.

    LMAO!!

    Roy Schestowitz is a textbook case of a narcissist gone amok.
    He also suffers from low self esteem and most likely has a lack of
    generally accepted social skills.
    He is a solitary person that prefers his machines to human contact but who
    does occasionally enjoy contact with other pseudo intellectuals such as
    himself.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: