[News] Microsoft is Behind UK Company That Sues Over Software Patents - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Microsoft is Behind UK Company That Sues Over Software Patents - Linux ; Well, well, well... the trolling/abuse that was mentioned the other day turns out to have roots in Microsoft. Software patents from the UK? Put the Microsoft(R) Label on it. Jury finds for Finjan in patent suit against Secure Computing ,----[ ...

  1. [News] Microsoft is Behind UK Company That Sues Over Software Patents

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A U.S. District Court of Delaware jury has found that Secure Computing, and
    | its subsidiaries CyberGuard and Webwasher, infringed three patents that
    | Finjan Software created over the past decade.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Finjan is partially owned by Microsoft, which purchased a non-exclusive
    | worldwide license for some Finjan patents last year.
    `----

    http://www.scmagazineus.com/Jury-fin...rticle/107933/

    More from the UK:

    Software patents - yet more confusion

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The judge drew attention to the split between the attitudes of the UK-IPO and
    | the EPO, since the EPO has already allowed the patent to be granted. However,
    | the UK-IPO has said that it intends to appeal, arguing that the judge failed
    | to use the Aerotel/Macrossan case.
    | Says the IPKat: and the EPO thinks there's no divergence of the patentability
    | of computer programs as such...
    `----

    http://ipkitten.blogspot.com/2008/03...confusion.html

    Patentability of computer programs - recent High Court judgment

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A judgment in the case of Symbian's Patent Application has been issued today
    | by the High Court overturning an earlier decision of the UK Intellectual
    | Property Office (UK-IPO) to refuse the application because it relates to
    | nothing more than a computer program.
    `----

    http://www.ipo.gov.uk/press/press-re...e-20080318.htm

    Recent:

    Finjan wins patent dispute against Secure Computing

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Finjan Inc. won a patent dispute against Secure Computing Corp., with a U.S.
    | District Court of Delaware jury ruling that Secure Computing should pay
    | Finjan royalties for infringing on its patents. Secure Computing vows to
    | appeal the decision. *
    `----

    http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com...RSS_RSS-10_160

    Linux clocks double-digit growth. Fear and loathing in Redmond

    http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9...bj=TheOpenRoad

    Feeling the heat at Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

    | to go with that.
    `----

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft is Behind UK Company That Sues Over SoftwarePatents

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Well, well, well... the trolling/abuse that was mentioned the other
    > day turns out to have roots in Microsoft. Software patents from the
    > UK? Put the Microsoft(R) Label on it.

    The Vole's proxies are everywhere.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    17:13:27 up 89 days, 14:49, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.16

  3. Re: [News] Microsoft is Behind UK Company That Sues Over Software Patents

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:14:11 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Well, well, well... the trolling/abuse that was mentioned the other
    >> day turns out to have roots in Microsoft. Software patents from the
    >> UK? Put the Microsoft(R) Label on it.

    > The Vole's proxies are everywhere.

    Kind of like Roy Schestowitz's SPAM.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] Microsoft is Behind UK Company That Sues Over Software Patents

    Micoshaft Fraudster, Asstroturfer and Internet Stalker Moshe Goldfarb wrote
    on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    > On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:14:11 +0000, [H]omer wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well, well, well... the trolling/abuse that was mentioned the other
    >>> day turns out to have roots in Microsoft. Software patents from the
    >>> UK? Put the Microsoft(R) Label on it.

    >> The Vole's proxies are everywhere.

    > Kind of like Roy Schestowitz's SPAM.

    Not really. Its kind of like stalkers stalking and posting net abuse
    against COLA posters whilst doing so on behalf of micoshaft corporation
    and collecting pay.

    If you had a soul, its going straight to hell.

  5. Re: [News] Microsoft is Behind UK Company That Sues Over Software Patents

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:56:44 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft Fraudster, Asstroturfer and Internet Stalker Moshe Goldfarb wrote
    > on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    >>> The Vole's proxies are everywhere.

    >> Kind of like Roy Schestowitz's SPAM.

    > Not really. Its kind of like stalkers stalking and posting net abuse
    > against COLA posters whilst doing so on behalf of micoshaft corporation
    > and collecting pay.
    >
    > If you had a soul, its going straight to hell.

    Don't you have some gadgets to build Michael Joseph or is that Joseph
    Michael.
    Oh well, it makes no matter.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: [News] Microsoft is Behind UK Company That Sues Over Software Patents

  7. Re: [News] Microsoft is Behind UK Company That Sues Over Software Patents

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft Fraudster, Asstroturfer and Internet Stalker Moshe Goldfarb
    > wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    >>> The Vole's proxies are everywhere.

    >> Kind of like Roy Schestowitz's SPAM.

    > Not really. Its kind of like stalkers stalking and posting net abuse
    > against COLA posters whilst doing so on behalf of micoshaft
    > corporation and collecting pay.
    >
    > If you had a soul, its going straight to hell.

    Just "get licensed" you nutjob.

+ Reply to Thread