Linux driving newbies back to Windows - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux driving newbies back to Windows - Linux ; "...if I were trying out Ubuntu (or Linux) for the first time I'd be reinstalling Windows thinking something like "man, if this is what happens with the most popular distro...!!" http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=59...

  1. Linux driving newbies back to Windows

    "...if I were trying out Ubuntu (or Linux) for the first time I'd be
    reinstalling Windows thinking something like "man, if this is what happens
    with the most popular distro...!!"

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=59

  2. Re: Linux driving newbies back to Windows

    On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:08:01 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > "...if I were trying out Ubuntu (or Linux) for the first time I'd be
    > reinstalling Windows thinking something like "man, if this is what
    > happens with the most popular distro...!!"
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=59

    Not if the posts over on microsoft.public.windows.vista.general are
    anything to go by. For example:

    I have used programs from MSDOS to Vista and by far Vista is the worst
    program of the lot. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Without
    exception, everytime I attempt to open a window, it takes for ever for
    the progress bar at the bottom to fillup and more often than not, I have
    to give up and start over. It is like it is stuck in a perpetual loop
    and just can't finish the requested task. I am paying for a cable modem
    and getting dial up results with Vista. This is fleecing of America. I
    recently had to purchase a new laptop and of course it had Vista. If the
    service pack does ever come and does not fix the issues with this crappy
    program, I would be in favor of filing a class action suit for Microsoft
    to either fix the issues or replace the program with XP which was great.
    Does anyone have any idea when or if there is a service pack coming?

    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

+ Reply to Thread