Re: [News] Linux Hardware Compatibility Beats Mac OS X (and Vista,of Course) - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Linux Hardware Compatibility Beats Mac OS X (and Vista,of Course) - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > HP Won't Issue New Drivers For Leopard, Tells You To Buy A New > Printer > > ,----[ Quote ] > | I recently ditched Windows XP at my house, and have moved to the > ...

  1. Re: [News] Linux Hardware Compatibility Beats Mac OS X (and Vista,of Course)

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > HP Won't Issue New Drivers For Leopard, Tells You To Buy A New
    > Printer
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | I recently ditched Windows XP at my house, and have moved to the
    > | Macintosh platform (and converted my PC machines to Ubuntu)
    > |
    > | I've had zero issues with the conversion, except for my HP "all in
    > | one" scanner/pc/fax machine. Although I can get it to work just
    > | fine with Ubuntu, I cannot scan from OS X Leopard.
    > `----

    Bizarre! But didn't Apple /buy/ CUPS?

    So basically, Apple's builds of CUPS are less functional than the Free
    builds. Well that's Apple all over, isn't it? Inhibiting its users,
    rather than empowering them like Linux does. Apple and the Vole are two
    of a kind ... equally useless.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    18:26:10 up 86 days, 16:02, 4 users, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.09

  2. Re: [News] Linux Hardware Compatibility Beats Mac OS X (and Vista, of Course)

    In article , "[H]omer" wrote:
    > > HP Won't Issue New Drivers For Leopard, Tells You To Buy A New
    > > Printer
    > >
    > > ,----[ Quote ]
    > > | I recently ditched Windows XP at my house, and have moved to the
    > > | Macintosh platform (and converted my PC machines to Ubuntu)
    > > |
    > > | I've had zero issues with the conversion, except for my HP "all in
    > > | one" scanner/pc/fax machine. Although I can get it to work just
    > > | fine with Ubuntu, I cannot scan from OS X Leopard.
    > > `----

    > Bizarre! But didn't Apple /buy/ CUPS?
    >
    > So basically, Apple's builds of CUPS are less functional than the Free
    > builds. Well that's Apple all over, isn't it? Inhibiting its users,
    > rather than empowering them like Linux does. Apple and the Vole are two
    > of a kind ... equally useless.

    What does CUPS have to do with *scanning*?

    --
    --Tim Smith

+ Reply to Thread