Re: [News] GNU/Linux in Macedonia as Example of Low-cost and Low-powerComputing - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] GNU/Linux in Macedonia as Example of Low-cost and Low-powerComputing - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Latest SEC filing from Microsoft: > > http://www . microsoft.com/msft/SEC/default.mspx > > “A prominent example of open source software is the Linux operating system... > To the extent open source software gains increasing market acceptance, sales ...

  1. Re: [News] GNU/Linux in Macedonia as Example of Low-cost and Low-powerComputing

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Latest SEC filing from Microsoft:
    >
    > http://www. microsoft.com/msft/SEC/default.mspx
    >
    > “A prominent example of open source software is the Linux operating system...
    > To the extent open source software gains increasing market acceptance, sales
    > of our products may decline, we may have to reduce the prices we charge for
    > our products, and revenue and operating margins may consequently decline. ”

    Here is a better link for that quote:

    http://www.microsoft.com/msft/IC/RiskFactors.aspx

  2. Re: [News] GNU/Linux in Macedonia as Example of Low-cost and Low-power Computing

    ____/ Matt on Sunday 16 March 2008 17:28 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Latest SEC filing from Microsoft:
    >>
    >> http://www. microsoft.com/msft/SEC/default.mspx
    >>
    >> “A prominent example of open source software is the Linux operating
    >> system... To the extent open source software gains increasing market
    >> acceptance, sales of our products may decline, we may have to reduce the
    >> prices we charge for our products, and revenue and operating margins may
    >> consequently decline. ”

    > Here is a better link for that quote:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/msft/IC/RiskFactors.aspx

    I think they neglected to list another important risk factor, which is further
    revaluation of the company's practices of bribing professors, stalking on
    people (H-P got sued over this months ago and settled quickly) and other
    mafia-like behaviours.

    Microsoft erases E-mails over 6 months now, but in the future it could face
    lawsuits against fraudulent activities.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Data lacking semantics is currency in an island
    Swap: 1510068k total, 411388k used, 1098680k free, 64596k cached