[News] Storage Company: More Open is More Secure - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Storage Company: More Open is More Secure - Linux ; Exponential Storage: Security Through Openness ,----[ Quote ] | Exponential Storage hopes to one day persuade the National Security Agency | and other government bureaus to hire the company for its data storage | network. Its focus on NSA seems ...

  1. [News] Storage Company: More Open is More Secure

    Exponential Storage: Security Through Openness

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Exponential Storage hopes to one day persuade the National Security Agency
    | and other government bureaus to hire the company for its data storage
    | network. Its focus on NSA seems to have potential: The agency already
    | established that open source software can be made secure and uses it for some
    | computer functions.
    `----

    http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/62113.html

    Days ago:

    Sun Set to Bring NSA Tech to Solaris

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Back in 2004, the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) helped the Linux
    | community to build something called SELinux, which brings mandatory access
    | control (MAC) policies to the Linux kernel. ¬*
    |
    | Now four years later, Sun is getting the same technology from the NSA to use
    | with its Solaris operating system. Sun's OpenSolaris community will work on
    | integrating the NSA's Flux Advanced Security Kernel (Flask) architecture,
    | which is a form of mandatory access control, for type enforcement. Flask is
    | the basis of SELinux. ¬* ¬*
    |
    | The Flask enhancements will be added to Sun's Trusted Extensions, which
    | provide high-security labeling features to meet regulatory and compliance
    | requirements. ¬*
    `----

    http://www.internetnews.com/security...to+Solaris.htm

  2. Re: [News] Storage Company: More Open is More Secure

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:04:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Exponential Storage: Security Through Openness

    [Related] Roy Schestowitz's site, www.schestowitz.com, gets hacked and a
    trojan inserted.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Storage Company: More Open is More Secure

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:04:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Exponential Storage: Security Through Openness

    > [Related] Roy Schestowitz's site, www.schestowitz.com, gets hacked and a
    > trojan inserted.

    A Trojan got inserted in Roy's back door? Isn't that a big suggestive?

  4. Re: [News] Storage Company: More Open is More Secure

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:44:05 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >
    >> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:04:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Exponential Storage: Security Through Openness

    >> [Related] Roy Schestowitz's site, www.schestowitz.com, gets hacked and a
    >> trojan inserted.

    > A Trojan got inserted in Roy's back door? Isn't that a big suggestive?

    Heeeeee!
    A little creative writing never hurt the cause!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: [News] Storage Company: More Open is More Secure

    In article <3657443.8aMAIRC2WY@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Days ago:
    >
    > Sun Set to Bring NSA Tech to Solaris
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Back in 2004, the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) helped the Linux
    > | community to build something called SELinux, which brings mandatory access
    > | control (MAC) policies to the Linux kernel. ¬*
    > |
    > | Now four years later, Sun is getting the same technology from the NSA to
    > | use
    > | with its Solaris operating system. Sun's OpenSolaris community will work on
    > | integrating the NSA's Flux Advanced Security Kernel (Flask) architecture,
    > | which is a form of mandatory access control, for type enforcement. Flask is
    > | the basis of SELinux. ¬* ¬*
    > |
    > | The Flask enhancements will be added to Sun's Trusted Extensions, which
    > | provide high-security labeling features to meet regulatory and compliance
    > | requirements. ¬*
    > `----

    But I read at some place called boycottnovell.com that SELinux was a
    trojan that the NSA used to spy on Linux users. Was boycottnovell.com
    mistaken about this, and the NSA is actually being helpful, as the
    article you quote here implies?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  6. Re: [News] Storage Company: More Open is More Secure

  7. Re: [News] Storage Company: More Open is More Secure

  8. Re: [News] Storage Company: More Open is More Secure

    The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    > On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:44:05 +0100, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    >>> [Related] Roy Schestowitz's site, www.schestowitz.com, gets hacked and a
    >>> trojan inserted.

    >> A Trojan got inserted in Roy's back door? Isn't that a big suggestive?

    > Heeeeee!
    > A little creative writing never hurt the cause!

    Another fine "me too" exchange from the COLA twins flatfish / Hadron Quark

  9. Re: [News] Storage Company: More Open is More Secure

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:13:32 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <3657443.8aMAIRC2WY@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> Days ago:
    >>
    >> Sun Set to Bring NSA Tech to Solaris
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Back in 2004, the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) helped the Linux
    >>| community to build something called SELinux, which brings mandatory access
    >>| control (MAC) policies to the Linux kernel. ¬*
    >>|
    >>| Now four years later, Sun is getting the same technology from the NSA to
    >>| use
    >>| with its Solaris operating system. Sun's OpenSolaris community will work on
    >>| integrating the NSA's Flux Advanced Security Kernel (Flask) architecture,
    >>| which is a form of mandatory access control, for type enforcement. Flask is
    >>| the basis of SELinux. ¬* ¬*
    >>|
    >>| The Flask enhancements will be added to Sun's Trusted Extensions, which
    >>| provide high-security labeling features to meet regulatory and compliance
    >>| requirements. ¬*
    >> `----

    > But I read at some place called boycottnovell.com that SELinux was a
    > trojan that the NSA used to spy on Linux users. Was boycottnovell.com
    > mistaken about this, and the NSA is actually being helpful, as the
    > article you quote here implies?

    Roy Schestowitz has reached the point where it's obvious he is making
    absolutely no effort to ensure his posts are accurate.

    It's gotten so bad that he doesn't even agree with himself at times.

    Got to keep that post count up high though.

    Notice that throughout his infected website ordeal he still managed to crap
    flood.

    That's what happens when you have a paid job as a SPAMMER.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: [News] Storage Company: More Open is More Secure

    ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Sunday 16 March 2008 23:22 : \____

    > The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    >>> A Trojan got inserted in Roy's back door? Isn't that a big suggestive?

    >> Heeeeee!
    >> A little creative writing never hurt the cause!
    >>

    > Another fine "me too" exchange from the COLA twins flatfish / Hadron Quark

    It's probably best never to feed them. I just use filters for this and it also
    saves time (reading Microsoft's PR garbage).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)
    04:00:01 up 52 days, 13:54, 4 users, load average: 0.93, 1.11, 1.19