[News] Ballnux "Yes" for Four Fujitsu Laptops - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Ballnux "Yes" for Four Fujitsu Laptops - Linux ; Fujitsu Receives Novell YES Certification for SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop on Four LifeBook Series Notebooks ,----[ Quote ] | Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation announced at opening day of BrainShare | 2008 that the Fujitsu LifeBook U810, LifeBook T2010, LifeBook P1620 ...

  1. [News] Ballnux "Yes" for Four Fujitsu Laptops

    Fujitsu Receives Novell YES Certification for SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop on
    Four LifeBook Series Notebooks

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation announced at opening day of BrainShare
    | 2008 that the Fujitsu LifeBook U810, LifeBook T2010, LifeBook P1620
    | ultra-portable convertible notebooks and the LifeBook S6510 thin and light
    | notebook have been YES Certified by Novell. The certification means the
    | notebooks have been stringently tested for compatibility with SUSE Linux
    | Enterprise Desktop from Novell.
    `----

    http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/1206384/

    Microsoft tax. But at least it's safe to assume that these laptops will also be
    Linux-friendly from not on (not just Ballnux-ready).

    Related:

    Microsoft Unveils New Linux Hate Site

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Get the Facts" is not completely killed off! In the source code of the
    | poorly coded table based design here...
    | We found this:
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | An alt tag for a header image still reads "alt="Get the Facts""
    `----

    http://www.ivirtuaforums.com/microso...te-t10783.html

    Cheap Laptops Bad for Vista, Good for Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The good news for everyone is that you can get a good, solid laptop for under
    | a grand these days. The bad news for Vista users is that many of those
    | laptops, even though they're sold with Vista, have nothing like enough
    | resources to run Vista decently. *
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Total additional cost? About a buck for the burnable DVD for the Linux
    | distribution. It's not a matter of "if," it's a matter of when we're going to
    | see more Linux-powered laptops. *
    |
    | Do the math. Vista doesn't work for today's laptop market. XP and Linux do.
    | It's really that simple. *
    `----

  2. Re: [News] Ballnux "Yes" for Four Fujitsu Laptops

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Microsoft tax. But at least it's safe to assume that these laptops
    > will also be Linux-friendly from not on (not just Ballnux-ready).

    Unless Microvell is using their "exclusive" access to the Vole's blobs.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    19:50:17 up 86 days, 17:26, 4 users, load average: 0.36, 0.11, 0.08

+ Reply to Thread