Firefox at Mix08

,----[ Quote ]
| So as we're going through the presentation I began to notice a couple of
| things, the bloke was using both IE and Firefox, but every time he needed to
| demonstrate some technical point, like showing and us how the page code looks
| and why it's right or wrong in terms of SEO, he'd switch to Firefox and use
| tools like Firebug or the Web Developer tool bar that are add-ons to Firefox.
|
| But even more interesting than this, is that I know you can get similar tools
| for IE, they're available through Microsoft Marketplace..... at a price. But
| obviously even Microsoft partners aren't willing to pay that price, and
| prefer the Free (and open) tool sets that are available for Firefox.
`----

Far from the first such observation. How long before Microsoft employees start
dual-booting with GNU/Linux to get some real work done? ;-)

Related:

Microsoft PR bunnies love Firefox - shocka

,----[ Quote ]
| We put a call into them today to check on a glitch on the MS Security Central
| site.
`----

IE7 users: beware! Microsoft telling their staff not to touch it...

,----[ Quote ]
| My mum's friend, who's been working for Microsoft for quite a while,
| just told my mum that Microsoft have started telling their employees
| not to use IE7 as it crashes a lot.
`----

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=36928.0

[Humour] Microsoft's Future Former CEO Throws Tables During Interview

,----[ Quote ]
| "I was shocked to the point that I passed a wee bit of a toot. It made me
| feel not-so-fresh for the remainder of the interview," Blanston recalled.
|
| When asked about his choice of internet platforms, Ballmer mentioned that the
| browser came pre-loaded on his Dell Laptop and he couldn't figure out how to
| uninstall it, change the homepage, or find where IE was.
|
| Realizing the conundrum he was in after Blanston snickered, Ballmer quickly
| became "overly emotional, like a chick I used to date" according to the
| interviewer. "He told me to shut the hell up or he'd 'beat my hippie ass'."
|
| Ballmer has described Blanston's account of the incident as a "gross
| exaggeration of what actually took place."
`----

http://www.theagencyblog.com/2007/08...html?digg=digg

Microsoft adCenter Suggests Accessing Site Using Firefox!

,----[ Quote ]
| At a dead end here, I decided to contact the Microsoft adCenter
| Support center at their toll-free number, 800-518-5689. Within
| minutes I was connected to a woman named Helen from their call
| center in Seattle. I explained what the situation was to Helen,
| and immediately she wanted to help troubleshoot the problem.
|
| Helen asked me if I had other Web browsers installed on my
| computer, such as Firefox.
| Priceless! I asked Helen if I heard her correctly? I asked
| her if she wanted me to try to access the sign up page using
| Firefox. She again, prompted me to load the page in Firefox
| just to see if there were any compatibility issues using
| Internet Explorer. During this conversation, I couldn't help
| but express to Helen how bizarre it is that a Microsoft
| adCenter Support representative is asking me to load a
| Microsoft related page using Firefox. At this point, just
| to fulfill my curiosity, I decided to go along with this
| and access the page using Firefox 1.5. After waiting a few
| minutes for the browser to load, I accessed the sign up
| page and filled out the application and transmitted the
| form. Sure enough, IT WORKED!
`----

http://blogtheinternet.com/2006/12/0...-using-firefox

Microsoft Steers Firefox Users Wrong On XP SP1

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20060930/tc_cmp/193100649