The conference is already over. It seems to have had some very
interesting presentations, some of which I list below. I've tried to
list the presentations related to specific migrations, but there are
numerous interesting general presentations that I didn't list.

You can put the page through babelfish.com and get the main ideas, if
you don't know German.

http://www.openexpo.ch/openexpo-2008...ernment-track/

I include links to PDFs of the German-language slide presentations. The
translated titles I provide are not very precise, but I tried to include
the most relevant elements.

The first year using LiMux Clients in Munich, by Florian Schiessl
director of the LiMux project since 2003
http://www.openexpo.ch/fileadmin/doc.../Slides/25.pdf

Freiburg's OpenOffice.org migration (with reference to monetary and
non-monetary motivations), by Ruediger Czieschla, an IT leader of the
city of Freiburg since 2003 and director of the OpenOffice migration
http://www.openexpo.ch/fileadmin/doc.../Slides/26.pdf

Swiss strategy for digital longevity/survival (with reference to
software patents and open source), by Marcus M. Dapp, ETH Zurich
http://www.openexpo.ch/fileadmin/doc.../Slides/28.pdf

Experience from the first year of using Linux clients in Canton
Solothurn, Switzerland, by Kurt Bader, El. engineer ETH Zurich,
http://www.openexpo.ch/fileadmin/doc.../Slides/39.pdf