Expect news soon regarding Munich's FOSS migration - Linux

This is a discussion on Expect news soon regarding Munich's FOSS migration - Linux ; Tim Smith wrote: > Germans are the Kzin of Europe. *Cute and fuzzy with some bizarre and > nasty habits, and they always attack before they are ready. :-) > Thank you Speaker-to-Animals... -- Regards, Gregory. Gentoo Linux - Penguin ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: Expect news soon regarding Munich's FOSS migration

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  2. Re: Expect news soon regarding Munich's FOSS migration

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:29:42 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <1ktnn1borujxn.1xnayw1npwbn7.dlg@40tude.net>,
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >> Germans are legendary for over complicating things.

    > Maybe they brought over some consultants from the US who had PhDs, and
    > then the project got delayed when those consultants were arrested for
    > having "Dr." on their business cards.
    >
    > <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...03/13/AR200803
    > 1304353.html>
    >
    > Germans are the Kzin of Europe. Cute and fuzzy with some bizarre and
    > nasty habits, and they always attack before they are ready. :-)

    That would certainly explain it!!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Expect news soon regarding Munich's FOSS migration

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:14:35 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> The true Linux advocates are completely embarrassed by Roy Schestowitz
    >> because he is everything they are trying NOT to be all wrapped up in
    >> one stinking, smelly package.

    > ROFL!
    >
    > Amen to that. Earlier today I started a post on 'Embarrassments to Linux'.
    > 7 and Roy Schestowitz and [H]omer and Richard Stallman and the Free Software
    > Foundation were at the top of my list.

    Seriously!
    I'm glad those guys are on the other side.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: Expect news soon regarding Munich's FOSS migration

    ____/ Matt on Sunday 16 March 2008 19:09 : \____

    http://www.muenchen.de/cms/prod1/mde...first_year.pdf

    >>> You were not supposed to give a serious reply.

    I thought you were sarcastic and spent a few extra seconds trying to find
    evidence of this, without success, so I gave a serious reply. :-)

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&a..._nhi=&safe=off

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)
    04:00:01 up 52 days, 13:54, 4 users, load average: 0.93, 1.11, 1.19

  5. Re: Expect news soon regarding Munich's FOSS migration

    Matt espoused:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Matt writes:

    >>> You were not supposed to give a serious reply.

    >> The worst thing is that Roy is serious. He thinks (despite having zero
    >> industry experience himself) that he is teaching you something.

    > Roy works to brings news that helps us all learn a lot every day.
    >
    > Now if we could just get some Linux-deniers to admit that Linux adoption
    > is not a linear phenomenon ... seems like you just have---it's a start ...

    Quark is here to promote an agenda. Part of that is criticising Roy at
    every turn. He's not going to "admit" anything unless his instructions
    tell him to.

  6. Re: Expect news soon regarding Munich's FOSS migration

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > ____/ Matt on Sunday 16 March 2008 19:09 : \____
    >
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>

    > http://www.muenchen.de/cms/prod1/mde...first_year.pdf

    > I thought you were sarcastic and spent a few extra seconds trying to find
    > evidence of this,

    Those who assume that Linux adoption is linear in time are the "simple
    fool[s]" mentioned.

    > without success, so I gave a serious reply. :-)

    "Smile when you say that" would have been a good reply. :-)

    BTW, it will go something like one of these:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalised_logistic_curve
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logistic_curve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2