62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up - Linux

This is a discussion on 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up - Linux ; On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:46:27 -0500, DFS wrote: > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze > > 62 pages since just late Oct 2007. What a joke. > No, the pathetic joke is you. Now, go trundle off and look up how many people ...

  1. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapwarelocks up

    On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:46:27 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >
    > 62 pages since just late Oct 2007. What a joke.

    No, the pathetic joke is you. Now, go trundle off and look up how many
    people are unhappy with their Microsoft crapware.

    --
    Rick

  2. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapwarelocks up

    On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:46:27 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >
    > 62 pages since just late Oct 2007. What a joke.
    >
    > And some of those that get random lockups suggest a reboot. LMAO@Linux
    > hypocrites. These are the same kind of Linux maniacs that haunt the
    > Internet, posting anti-MS\Windows messages all over.
    >
    > Random quotes:
    >
    > * "System completely locks up unpredictably. No mouse, no keys, no
    > ctrl+alt+backspace... nothing."
    > * "I had the same problem, 10 minutes uptime max." * "same problem here,
    > random lockups." * "I'd still like to know if anyones kernel panics -
    > like mine does." * "I can't work when my PC freezes unpredictably three
    > times within a 3 hour period."
    >
    > * "I tried using the latest stable 2.6.23.9 kernel, and still the system
    > lock-ups. I'm leaning towards video drivers, but I could be wrong. Every
    > single poster on this thread has different hardware/software
    > configuration, but there must be something we all have in common that is
    > causing this."
    >
    > Of course they all have something in common: hobby-slopware.

    Come on DooFuS, you can do better than that. No one ever claimed that
    Ubuntu was perfect. If you look at the vista ng you will find similar and
    even worse problems. Due to that fact that most Linux software has to be
    reverse engineered due to manufacturer's refusing to release data to
    write proper drivers, it's quite amazing it works as well as it does. BTW
    - I'm running Ubuntu on 10 computers of various types and have never
    experienced that problem.

  3. 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up

[...]

  4. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapwarelocks up

    Geez... you're so lame, Dumb ****ing ****. Why?

    > Go ahead and find me 62 pages of discussion of Vista freezing up. I'll
    > be waiting

    You can probably find it fine on your own. Now go trundle off to the
    forums and read the unending litanies of people dissatisfied with their
    Microsoft crap.

    > You probably tried to find it already, but couldn't and now you're
    > hoping I'll do it for you. Lame and lazy is no way to go through life,
    > fella.
    >
    > Technically, you should be able to find something like 400 pages of such
    > a discussion, since Vista market share has been a multiple of Linux
    > market share since before Oct 2007.

    You can probably find it fine on your own. and AGAIN, go trundle off to
    the forums and read the unending litanies of people dissatisfied with
    their Microsoft crap.

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapwarelocks up

    On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:36:03 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Rick wrote:
    >> On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:46:27 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >>>
    >>> 62 pages since just late Oct 2007. What a joke.
    >>>

    >> No, the pathetic joke is you. Now, go trundle off and look up how many
    >> people are unhappy with their Microsoft crapware.

    > Geez... you're so lame, (p)Rick. Why?
    >
    > Go ahead and find me 62 pages of discussion of Vista freezing up. I'll
    > be waiting

    Do you ever read the Vista groups? They get 60 pages of problems every
    day.

    Charlie

    > You probably tried to find it already, but couldn't and now you're
    > hoping I'll do it for you. Lame and lazy is no way to go through life,
    > fella.
    >
    > Technically, you should be able to find something like 400 pages of such
    > a discussion, since Vista market share has been a multiple of Linux
    > market share since before Oct 2007.

  6. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up

    Rick wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:46:27 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >>
    >> 62 pages since just late Oct 2007. What a joke.
    >>

    > No, the pathetic joke is you. Now, go trundle off and look up how many
    > people are unhappy with their Microsoft crapware.

    Geez... you're so lame, (p)Rick. Why?

    Go ahead and find me 62 pages of discussion of Vista freezing up. I'll be
    waiting

    You probably tried to find it already, but couldn't and now you're hoping
    I'll do it for you. Lame and lazy is no way to go through life, fella.

    Technically, you should be able to find something like 400 pages of such a
    discussion, since Vista market share has been a multiple of Linux market
    share since before Oct 2007.

  7. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up

    DFS wrote:
    > Go ahead and find me 62 pages of discussion of Vista freezing up. I'll
    > be waiting

    Usenet:
    Results 1 - 100 of 993 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008 for Vista freezing
    up

    http://tinyurl.com/2le7w3

    Web:
    Results 1 - 100 of about 389,000 English pages for Vista freezing up.

    http://tinyurl.com/28t93s

    --
    Tony Sivori

  8. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up

    Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of micoshaft
    corporation:

    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >
    > 62 pages since just late Oct 2007. What a joke.
    >
    > And some of those that get random lockups suggest a reboot. LMAO@Linux
    > hypocrites. These are the same kind of Linux maniacs that haunt the
    > Internet, posting anti-MS\Windows messages all over.

    Windopes Expee and PISTA have a lot more problems.
    Millions of problems and 3 million viruses at last count.
    Micoshaft OS has problems and micoshaft is about
    to go into debt leaving industrial strength problems to
    innocent companies causing billions of
    dollars in support bills for most major corporations.

    This is why Doofy is holding up 62 pages of Ubuntu.
    Somehow the scales are totally different and these dumb asstros
    fcking in Linux newsgroups with their fraudulents posts
    haven't the clue what they themselves should be owning up to.

    Shouldn't you switch to Linux and say goodbye to the
    windummy OSen Doofy?

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  9. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up

    Tony Sivori wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Go ahead and find me 62 pages of discussion of Vista freezing up.
    >> I'll be waiting

    > Usenet:
    > Results 1 - 100 of 993 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008 for Vista
    > freezing up
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2le7w3

    Usenet: Results 1 - 10 of 721 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008 for Linux
    freezes up
    Usenet: Results 1 - 10 of about 6,280 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008 for
    Linux locks up
    Usenet: Results 1 - 10 of about 6,620 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008 for
    Linux hangs

    > Web:
    > Results 1 - 100 of about 389,000 English pages for Vista freezing up.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/28t93s

    Web: Results 1 - 10 of about 590,000 for Linux freezes up. (0.18 seconds)
    Web: Results 1 - 10 of about 1,150,000 for Linux locks up. (0.17 seconds)
    Web: Results 1 - 10 of about 493,000 for Linux hangs. (0.15 seconds)

    And those incredibly bad numbers are from an OS with a market share approx.
    10% of Vista's.

    Linux truly is the hanging, locking, freezing OS.

  10. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up

    On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:46:27 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >
    > 62 pages since just late Oct 2007. What a joke.
    >
    > And some of those that get random lockups suggest a reboot. LMAO@Linux
    > hypocrites. These are the same kind of Linux maniacs that haunt the
    > Internet, posting anti-MS\Windows messages all over.
    >
    > Random quotes:
    >
    > * "System completely locks up unpredictably. No mouse, no keys, no
    > ctrl+alt+backspace... nothing."
    > * "I had the same problem, 10 minutes uptime max."
    > * "same problem here, random lockups."
    > * "I'd still like to know if anyones kernel panics - like mine does."
    > * "I can't work when my PC freezes unpredictably three times within a 3 hour
    > period."
    >
    > * "I tried using the latest stable 2.6.23.9 kernel, and still the system
    > lock-ups. I'm leaning towards video drivers, but I could be wrong. Every
    > single poster on this thread has different hardware/software configuration,
    > but there must be something we all have in common that is causing this."
    >
    > Of course they all have something in common: hobby-slopware.

    You get what you *don't* pay for.

    Linux is only free when your time is free.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  11. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up

    DFS wrote:

    > Tony Sivori wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>> Go ahead and find me 62 pages of discussion of Vista freezing up. I'll
    >>> be waiting

    >> Usenet:
    >> Results 1 - 100 of 993 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008 for Vista
    >> freezing up
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/2le7w3

    > Usenet: Results 1 - 10 of 721 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008 for Linux
    > freezes up
    > Usenet: Results 1 - 10 of about 6,280 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008
    > for Linux locks up
    > Usenet: Results 1 - 10 of about 6,620 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008
    > for Linux hangs

    Aren't you moving the goal posts a bit? You asked for 62 pages of
    complaints about Vista. I gave them to you.

    >> Web:
    >> Results 1 - 100 of about 389,000 English pages for Vista freezing up.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/28t93s

    > Web: Results 1 - 10 of about 590,000 for Linux freezes up. (0.18
    > seconds) Web: Results 1 - 10 of about 1,150,000 for Linux locks up.
    > (0.17 seconds) Web: Results 1 - 10 of about 493,000 for Linux hangs.
    > (0.15 seconds)
    >

    > And those incredibly bad numbers are from an OS with a market share
    > approx. 10% of Vista's.

    Not a fair comparison. Linux has been around 14 years, Vista about 1 year.

    > Linux truly is the hanging, locking, freezing OS.

    Anyone who thinks that any Microsoft OS is more stable than any popular
    and modern Linux OS is, well, I won't resort to the kind of name calling
    and mud slinging that you seem to enjoy. Let's just say they are less than
    well informed.

    The complaints about Vista seem to be rising exponentially. The same
    Google search that I did 8 hours ago now results in 450,000 hits, up from
    the original 389,000.

    http://tinyurl.com/28t93s

    Results 1 - 100 of about 450,000 English pages for Vista freezing up.

    That means that there are 7,625 complaints per hour being posted to the
    web about Vista freezing up. And those are the lucky ones, who were able
    to use their computer long enough to ask for help.

    --
    Tony Sivori

  12. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up

  13. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up

    On 2008-03-16, DFS wrote:
    > Tony Sivori wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>> Go ahead and find me 62 pages of discussion of Vista freezing up.
    >>> I'll be waiting

    >> Usenet:
    >> Results 1 - 100 of 993 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008 for Vista
    >> freezing up
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/2le7w3

    > Usenet: Results 1 - 10 of 721 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008 for Linux
    > freezes up
    > Usenet: Results 1 - 10 of about 6,280 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008 for
    > Linux locks up
    > Usenet: Results 1 - 10 of about 6,620 from Oct 1, 2007 to Mar 15, 2008 for
    > Linux hangs
    >

    >> Web:
    >> Results 1 - 100 of about 389,000 English pages for Vista freezing up.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/28t93s

    > Web: Results 1 - 10 of about 590,000 for Linux freezes up. (0.18 seconds)
    > Web: Results 1 - 10 of about 1,150,000 for Linux locks up. (0.17 seconds)
    > Web: Results 1 - 10 of about 493,000 for Linux hangs. (0.15 seconds)
    >

    > And those incredibly bad numbers are from an OS with a market share approx.
    > 10% of Vista's.
    >
    > Linux truly is the hanging, locking, freezing OS.

    Of course, when put into perspective, Linux has a pretty good track record.

    Results 1 - 10 of about 449,000 for "windows crashes". (0.20 seconds)
    Results 1 - 10 of about 13,200 for "linux crashes". (0.13 seconds)

    Results 1 - 10 of about 37,700 for "vista crashes". (0.18 seconds)
    Results 1 - 10 of about 456 for "ubuntu crashes". (0.03 seconds)

  14. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapwarelocks up

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:11:32 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Nick Ballard wrote:
    >
    >> Of course, when put into perspective, Linux has a pretty good track
    >> record.
    >>
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 449,000 for "windows crashes". (0.20 seconds)
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 13,200 for "linux crashes". (0.13 seconds)

    > When you say "put into perspective" is there a reason you didn't do
    > that, Son of Rex?
    >
    > Windows has approx 90x the number of installations out there as Linux.
    > 90 x 13200 = 1,188,000. 1,188,000/449,000 = 2.65. Thus on a per-system
    > basis Linux crashes approx 2.65x more often than Windows.
    >

    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 37,700 for "vista crashes". (0.18 seconds)
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 456 for "ubuntu crashes". (0.03 seconds)

    > Results 1 - 10 of about 271,000 for Ubuntu freezes. Results 1 - 10 of
    > about 474,000 for Ubuntu crashes. Results 1 - 10 of about 258,000 for
    > Ubuntu locks up. Results 1 - 10 of about 882,000 for Ubuntu hangs up.
    > Total 1,885,000
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 2,910,000 for Vista freezes Results 1 - 10 of
    > about 2,510,000 for Vista crashes. Results 1 - 10 of about 2,710,000 for
    > Vista locks up Results 1 - 10 of about 2,510,000 for Vista hangs up.
    > Total 10,640,000
    >
    > Vista results vs Linux results = 5.64 to 1 Vista installs vs Ubuntu
    > installs = 25 to 1 (scientific wild-ass guess) 25 / 5.64 = 4.43
    >
    > Based on reported issues and my estimate of Ubuntu base, and ignoring
    > dates of the reports, Linux freezes/crashes/locks up/hangs up approx
    > 4.43x as often as Vista.
    >
    > The anecdotal reports show Vista to be more stable than previous
    > Windows, and so do the Google reports.
    >
    > I've used XP only at a client site for the past few years probably 3-4
    > fulltime days a week overall. It has not once locked up or crashed or
    > blue-screened (though MS Access does every few weeks when I try certain
    > esoteric queries joining Oracle and DB2 and Access tables).
    >
    > Linux the kernel has never locked up on me, but the apps have several
    > times. In the few hours I've used it Linux has proven to be extremely
    > prone to app freezes and hangs and crashing, not to mention the unending
    > bugs.
    >
    > It's hobby-ware all the way.

    I guess that's why it runs on several supercomputer clusters...
    And why Oracle runs on it...

    --
    Rick

  15. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up

    Nick Ballard wrote:

    > Of course, when put into perspective, Linux has a pretty good track
    > record.
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 449,000 for "windows crashes". (0.20 seconds)
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 13,200 for "linux crashes". (0.13 seconds)

    When you say "put into perspective" is there a reason you didn't do that,
    Son of Rex?

    Windows has approx 90x the number of installations out there as Linux. 90 x
    13200 = 1,188,000. 1,188,000/449,000 = 2.65. Thus on a per-system basis
    Linux crashes approx 2.65x more often than Windows.

    > Results 1 - 10 of about 37,700 for "vista crashes". (0.18 seconds)
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 456 for "ubuntu crashes". (0.03 seconds)

    Results 1 - 10 of about 271,000 for Ubuntu freezes.
    Results 1 - 10 of about 474,000 for Ubuntu crashes.
    Results 1 - 10 of about 258,000 for Ubuntu locks up.
    Results 1 - 10 of about 882,000 for Ubuntu hangs up.
    Total 1,885,000

    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,910,000 for Vista freezes
    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,510,000 for Vista crashes.
    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,710,000 for Vista locks up
    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,510,000 for Vista hangs up.
    Total 10,640,000

    Vista results vs Linux results = 5.64 to 1
    Vista installs vs Ubuntu installs = 25 to 1 (scientific wild-ass guess)
    25 / 5.64 = 4.43

    Based on reported issues and my estimate of Ubuntu base, and ignoring dates
    of the reports, Linux freezes/crashes/locks up/hangs up approx 4.43x as
    often as Vista.

    The anecdotal reports show Vista to be more stable than previous Windows,
    and so do the Google reports.

    I've used XP only at a client site for the past few years probably 3-4
    fulltime days a week overall. It has not once locked up or crashed or
    blue-screened (though MS Access does every few weeks when I try certain
    esoteric queries joining Oracle and DB2 and Access tables).

    Linux the kernel has never locked up on me, but the apps have several times.
    In the few hours I've used it Linux has proven to be extremely prone to app
    freezes and hangs and crashing, not to mention the unending bugs.

    It's hobby-ware all the way.

  16. Re: 62 pages of users unhappy that their Ubuntu Gutsy crapware locks up

    DFS wrote:

    > Windows has approx 90x the number of installations out there as Linux. *90
    > x 13200 = 1,188,000. *1,188,000/449,000 = 2.65. *Thus on a per-system
    > basis Linux crashes approx 2.65x more often than Windows.

    No it does not. It means that there is more information out there to help
    Linux users, than there is to help windows users.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power