[News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux - Linux ; http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

  1. Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)

  2. Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:12:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Chris S. on Thursday 13 March 2008 21:27 : \____
    >

    >> "Linonut" wrote in message
    >>>* Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Where? I cannot find IFRAMEREF in the main page. What page is it on?
    >>>
    >>> Did you put something on his pages?

    >> It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code. Just opening the
    >> main
    >> page will invoke it. My OneCare caught it and "cleaned" it. Your Milage may
    >> Vary.

    > This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
    > exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of running
    > sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working
    > with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
    > markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
    > does. This will be resolved by the weekend.
    >
    > Thanks for the headsup, Chris.

    You were told your page did funny things months ago Roy Schestowitz but of
    course your arrogance and refusal to believe that fact has prevented you
    from fixing it.

    So once again, Roy Schestowitz gets taken down a couple of notches.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:53:21 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> "Linonut" wrote in message
    >>>* Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Where? I cannot find IFRAMEREF in the main page. What page is it on?
    >>>
    >>> Did you put something on his pages?

    >> It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code.

    > Sure it is, sure it is. Yeah, it is invisible when you "view page
    > source", uh huh.

    Open mouth insert foot Linonut.........
    I think you owe Chris an apology.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:12:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Chris S. on Thursday 13 March 2008 21:27 : \____
    >>

    >>> "Linonut" wrote in message

    >>> It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code. Just opening the
    >>> main
    >>> page will invoke it. My OneCare caught it and "cleaned" it. Your Milage may
    >>> Vary.

    >> This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
    >> exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of running
    >> sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working
    >> with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
    >> markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
    >> does. This will be resolved by the weekend.
    >>
    >> Thanks for the headsup, Chris.

    > You were told your page did funny things months ago Roy Schestowitz but of
    > course your arrogance and refusal to believe that fact has prevented you
    > from fixing it.
    >
    > So once again, Roy Schestowitz gets taken down a couple of notches.

    Roy's Linux website got hacked?

    This is too funny for words.

  5. Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:53:21 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> "Linonut" wrote in message

    >>> It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code.

    >> Sure it is, sure it is. Yeah, it is invisible when you "view page
    >> source", uh huh.

    > Open mouth insert foot Linonut.........
    > I think you owe Chris an apology.

    Liarnut is a proven Liar. Isn't this YET another example of him talking
    through his arse to shill or support Roy or one of his seven dwarves?

    Think about it. I know you think I am overly hard on Liarnut, but I
    noticed a specific pattern in his posting. He plays the "genial maverick
    developer" role but time after time after time posts replies with out and
    out lies (not mistakes) in order to cover up for one his COLA
    "advocates". He googles up snippets and posts them without checking for
    technical accuracy. Time and time again. I found it very illuminating
    to see Jorge Schilling laugh in his face - clearly their paths had
    crossed before too.

    Sorry, but the "sensible" Linonut was taken by the body snatchers a year
    or so ago. Now we have Liarnut, the cheap Taiwanese copy instead.

  6. Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

    Roy Schestowitz schreef:
    > ____/ ml2mst on Thursday 13 March 2008 10:35 : \____
    >
    >> Stevie_Ballmer schreef:

    >> Of course they do, most people only have an IQ of 100. Obviously
    >> GNU/Linux requires some more intelligence.

    > Probably less unless you are used to certain workflow, applications, and habits
    > in Windows.

    Yup, and the problem is that they are used to their bad habits. Last
    week a new Ubuntu user was complaining to me about sudo and asking me if
    there was a way, he could switch "this annoying continually asking for a
    password" off.

    He wanted to logon as "root" all the time and thus I told him, this was
    a bad Idea and try to explain the consequences.

    He finally got mad at me and told me that "Linux sucks". Now why should
    I waste my time on a person like that. I told him, I will refuse in the
    future to maintain (reinstall) Windows again if it gets loaded with
    mallware.

    I simply won't waste my time any longer with this crap.

    If he prefers to keep on using Windows, that that's his choice, which I
    have to respect of course. This however means, he will also have to
    maintain his crapware in the future all by himself.

    >>> Ca...Ching!

    > Indeed. All those Microsoft shills are beginning to be exposed. Elsewhere, it
    > turns out that Stephen Walli still has Microsoft as its client while he
    > infiltrates FOSS companies. Me and another person sort of interrogated him.
    > Microsoft uses 'covert ops' tactics on the face of it. It just can't leave its
    > #1 rival alone to work without harassment.

    I found it astonishing how you exposed Albert van Zomeren, recently on
    Boycott Novell. The ****wit had _at least_ *15 accounts* on the Dutch
    website http://www.webwereld.nl which he abused to mod down every "Anti
    Microsoft" post.

    Last week I temporary released Hadron Quark from the bit bucket and came
    to the conclusion that *all Microsoft astroturfers* post their rubbish
    24/7 and these characters have the nerve to call "us" zealots.

    Albert has been insulting me for ages on the Webwereld site, simply
    because I have a strong opinion of Microsoft. He defends Microsoft and
    their _not so open_ "standards" as if his life depends on it.

    A couple of weeks another Webwereld user exposed him and there is no
    doubt, that he is a Microsoft funded astroturfer. Thanks to your recent
    comment to a post on Boycott Novell, we are aware of _what_ Albert
    actually is.

    Also Clogwog, recently attacked me on http://www.security.nl and got
    busted by fellow users. He recently posted some made up story in COLA
    that I had to apologize to SirDice, who is a long term "online friend"
    of mine. The reason I apologized to SirDice, is that he wrote something
    stupid, he wrote as an answer to a poll "What do you wish for 2008?", "I
    hope Linux will be loaded with mallware". And I reacted with very strong
    words. I apologized because of my strong words and because I like the
    guy, not (like the Anonymous dizum coward, wants to make us believe) "I
    had to apologize". Funny enough Clogwog got busted by nobody less but
    SirDice.

    Sooner or later, all the Microsoft shills, will get confronted with
    their own idiocy and smear campaigns.

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  7. Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 04:08:08 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >
    >> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:12:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Chris S. on Thursday 13 March 2008 21:27 : \____

    >>> This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
    >>> exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of running
    >>> sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working
    >>> with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
    >>> markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
    >>> does. This will be resolved by the weekend.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for the headsup, Chris.

    >> You were told your page did funny things months ago Roy Schestowitz but of
    >> course your arrogance and refusal to believe that fact has prevented you
    >> from fixing it.
    >>
    >> So once again, Roy Schestowitz gets taken down a couple of notches.

    > Roy's Linux website got hacked?
    >
    > This is too funny for words.

    It sure did.
    And if you google, you will find that he was warned, several times in fact
    that his site would do funny things after you visited it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 04:13:22 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >
    >> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:53:21 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Sure it is, sure it is. Yeah, it is invisible when you "view page
    >>> source", uh huh.

    >> Open mouth insert foot Linonut.........
    >> I think you owe Chris an apology.

    > Liarnut is a proven Liar. Isn't this YET another example of him talking
    > through his arse to shill or support Roy or one of his seven dwarves?
    >
    > Think about it. I know you think I am overly hard on Liarnut, but I
    > noticed a specific pattern in his posting. He plays the "genial maverick
    > developer" role but time after time after time posts replies with out and
    > out lies (not mistakes) in order to cover up for one his COLA
    > "advocates". He googles up snippets and posts them without checking for
    > technical accuracy. Time and time again. I found it very illuminating
    > to see Jorge Schilling laugh in his face - clearly their paths had
    > crossed before too.
    >
    > Sorry, but the "sensible" Linonut was taken by the body snatchers a year
    > or so ago. Now we have Liarnut, the cheap Taiwanese copy instead.

    The pods got him for sure.

    Maybe he visted Roy Schestowitz's Trojan infected web site and caught some
    kind of a bug?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:47:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Strange. I hardly ever do anything which requires admin password. Maybe it's
    > different when the machine is set up initially and you add some software you
    > like. The last time I entered admin password was... errr... maybe a week ago,
    > at home.

    You're a fsckn security risk Roy Schestowitz.

    Don't they teach you anything useful in that Univeristy you seem to live
    at?

    Maybe if you actually attended classes instead of SPAMMING 24x7 you might
    learn something.

    > When Microsoft gets Enroned and the shelves get digged a little deeper, more
    > secrets will be exposed. Microsoft grew in (and thrives in) crime. It's too
    > blind to see this. It believes it does the world a favour, like a robber
    > baron... or GW Bush.

    Your tinfoil hat needs some adjusting Roy Schestowitz.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:12:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code. Just opening the
    >> main
    >> page will invoke it. My OneCare caught it and "cleaned" it. Your Milage may
    >> Vary.

    > This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
    > exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of running
    > sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working
    > with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
    > markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
    > does. This will be resolved by the weekend.
    >
    > Thanks for the headsup, Chris.

    So, in other words, Roy's own web site became one of those "zombies" he
    always accuses Microsoft software of being.

    That's priceless.

  11. Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

    * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:12:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
    >> exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of running
    >> sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working
    >> with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
    >> markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
    >> does. This will be resolved by the weekend.

    > So, in other words, Roy's own web site became one of those "zombies" he
    > always accuses Microsoft software of being.
    >
    > That's priceless.

    Only if you don't like Roy.

    --
    When we have the information highway, I'll put it [information about
    himself] out there. Everybody who wants to pay, I don't know, one cent, can

  12. Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

    Linonut writes:

    > * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:12:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got
    >>> exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of running
    >>> sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working
    >>> with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
    >>> markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
    >>> does. This will be resolved by the weekend.

    >> So, in other words, Roy's own web site became one of those "zombies" he
    >> always accuses Microsoft software of being.
    >>
    >> That's priceless.

    > Only if you don't like Roy.

    No. It's priceless because he spends his entire time telling us how crap
    MS servers are.

    --
    Spamming COLA for years : shillgeld.
    Signing on while at Uni : a few quid.

    http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorb...towitz.com.jpg

  13. Re: [Erik the Weasel Lies Again!]

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    > I don't understand how you can be so willing to make yourself such a
    > reviled fool. Unless you're paid by quantity rather than quality.

    Fuddie is definitely getting worse, by quite a margin. Indeed, AFAICS
    /all/ the Trolls seem to be bitching like schoolgirls ATM. The Vole must
    be in deep pain for its minions to be acting with such desperation.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    17:34:35 up 84 days, 15:10, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

  14. Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

    Linonut wrote:

    >* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >> That's priceless.

    >Only if you don't like Roy.

    Well, when you get your ass handed to you as often as Fuddie does, any
    little "victory" is something to be savored.