[News] [Rival] Two More Executive Shuffles at Microsoft After Latest Exodus - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Two More Executive Shuffles at Microsoft After Latest Exodus - Linux ; Microsoft goes internal for new head of its app-platform business ,----[ Quote ] | Gulati is taking the post that was most recently filled by Steve | Guggenheimer. Microsoft acknowledged in Febraury that Guggenheimer was moving | to a new ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Two More Executive Shuffles at Microsoft After Latest Exodus

    Microsoft goes internal for new head of its app-platform business

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Gulati is taking the post that was most recently filled by Steve
    | Guggenheimer. Microsoft acknowledged in Febraury that Guggenheimer was moving
    | to a new role, as the new Corporate Vice President in charge of Microsoft’s
    | OEM Division, as of early March.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1258

    It is hardly surprising that Microsoft fails to get work done (and /properly/
    done). Managers keep flying away or flying from one division to another. This
    includes Office and Windows!

    Context:

    Microsoft’s OEM chief defects to Lenovo

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | While so many of us Microsoft watchers were preoccupied with the hasty
    | departure of former Microsfot CIO Stuart Scott, the resignation of the
    | company’s OEM chief slipped right by most of us. *
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=999

    Related:

    Microsoft losing acquisition playmaker

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In a previous life Jaffe was the CFO for Microsoft's MSN division, and also
    | had roles overseeing acquisitions related to Microsoft's consumer business,
    | groups like MSNBC and Microsoft Games. *
    `----

    Microsoft Windows hardware leader takes a ‘vacation’

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Veteran Softies are dropping like flies lately. The latest Microsoft exec to
    | leave is Jawad Khaki, Corporate Vice President of the Windows Hardware
    | Ecosystem. *
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1002

    Danny Thorpe quits the Windows Live development team

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Danny Thorpe, one of the higher-profile hires Microsoft made to its Windows
    | Live team, has decided to leave for greener pastures.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=806

    Microsoft says Zune executive will leave company

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Bryan Lee, corporate vice president at Microsoft's entertainment
    | and devices division, also played a key role in shaping the Xbox
    | game console business and the introduction of its Internet
    | Protocol television software.
    `----

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6155200.html

    Yet another Microsoft search exec calls it quits

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In March, Blake Irving, the Corporate VP in charge of the Windows
    | Live platform, announced his plans to leave Microsoft, effective
    | this summer. Payne announced his resignation from Microsoft shortly
    | after Irving made his announcement.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=407

    Former Microsoft Search Chief Bill Bliss On Early Search Missteps

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Bill's biggest regret? Not bypassing middle management that wasn't
    | listening to him scream about the coming threat of Google and going
    | right up to Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer.
    `----

    http://searchengineland.com/070309-094930.php

    Microsoft Search Leader To Leave Company

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Microsoft Corp. vice president who led the company's push into
    | Internet search is leaving the software giant as the effort he
    | helped launch loses ground against lead competitor Google Inc.
    `----

    http://online.wsj.com/preview_login....s%26ru%3Dyahoo
    http://tinyurl.com/2jran7

    Microsoft Businesss Solutions Group's Burgum to resign

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft Corp.'s Business Solutions group senior vice president Doug
    | Burgum will resign, effective June 30, and leave the company to pursue
    | other opportunities, the company said on Tuesday.
    `----

    http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articl...mktNews&rpc=44
    http://tinyurl.com/h4coe

    Database head to leave daily duties at Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Paul Flessner, who leads Microsoft's data storage and platform
    | division, will step down from his daily duties after the new year.
    `----

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6131496.html

    Microsoft Windows Live VP to resign

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Blake Irving, a Corporate Vice President in Microsoft's Windows
    | Live Platform group, is resigning his post, according to sources
    | close to the company.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=296

    Veteran Windows architect resigns from Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On the heels of a week of news of a number of Microsoft executive departures
    | and reshufflings, another has come to light. Rob Short, Corporate Vice
    | President for Windows Core, has resigned from the company.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1110

    Juniper Networks exec to succeed Microsoft Business Division President Raikes

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Another reason I consider the Raikes announcement timing odd: Why announce
    | Raikes’ departure a day after acknowledging the defection of your mergers and
    | acquisitions chief Bruce Jaffe? You could make the argument that Microsoft
    | wants to get all its defection/churn announcements out of the way at once.
    | But I’m not sure I’d look at things the same way, if I were one of the
    | company’s “image makers”….
    |
    | Microsoft also announced on January 10 that Bob Muglia, the Senior Vice
    | President in charge of Microsoft’s Server and Tools Business, is going to
    | move out of the Business Division and report directly to CEO Steve Ballmer.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1101

    Microsoft loses top executive in China

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Li Gong is currently exploring other career opportunities," Microsoft said
    | in a statement to News.com.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | In a September 2005 Business Week interview, Ballmer touted Gong as
    | one of several key hires that Microsoft had made.
    |
    | Most recently, Gong has served as managing director of Windows LiveC
    | hina and as Vice President of Microsoft China R&D Group.
    |
    | Gong's name came up in the case over Kai-Fu Lee, the top Microsoft
    | executive whose hiring by Google sparked a multistate legal battle.
    `----

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6149735.html

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Two More Executive Shuffles at Microsoft After Latest Exodus

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Microsoft goes internal for new head of its app-platform business
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> Gulati is taking the post that was most recently filled by Steve
    >> Guggenheimer. Microsoft acknowledged in Febraury that Guggenheimer
    >> was moving to a new role, as the new Corporate Vice President in
    >> charge of Microsoft's OEM Division, as of early March.

    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1258
    >
    > It is hardly surprising that Microsoft fails to get work done (and
    > /properly/ done). Managers keep flying away or flying from one
    > division to another. This includes Office and Windows!

    A weirdo guy like you, with little work experience and who can barely make a
    living, is in a great position to comment on the business operations of one
    of the most successful corporations in history.

+ Reply to Thread