[News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years - Linux ; Linux Market to Triple by 2012 ,----[ Quote ] | Analyst firm Research and Markets has just put out a project on Linux-based | server and client hardware sales, and is projecting that the market will more | than triple ...

  1. [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years

    Linux Market to Triple by 2012

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Analyst firm Research and Markets has just put out a project on Linux-based
    | server and client hardware sales, and is projecting that the market will more
    | than triple between 2007 and 2012.
    |
    | A market for a platform is not the same as an ecosystem for it, which is much
    | larger in that it includes the cost of people and third-party software and
    | services for the code that runs atop the platform. So the R&M Linux market
    | numbers might seem a little small. In any event, the consultancy pegged the
    | Linux product and services market for Linux running on servers and clients
    | (but not embedded systems) at $2.4 billion in 2007.
    `----

    http://www.itjungle.com/tlb/tlb031108-story07.html

    Related:

    2010: Russia's open software market to grow 4-fold

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Analysts note that Linux vendors are traditionally present on the mobile
    | device market. According to forecasts the OS might become the leader in
    | the segment accounting for 40% of it by 2010. ?Currently the share of
    | mobile devices with Linux OS is not big in Russia as compared to other
    | countries, such as China, for instance. However, the producer's policy,
    | Nokia in particular testifies to the fact the situation is changing
    | for the better", Ms. Karaeva concluded.
    `----

    http://eng.cnews.ru/news/top/indexEn...7/05/15/249978

  2. Re: [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 03:02:51 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Linux Market to Triple by 2012

    So Linux will finally make it over 1 percent of the desktop market.
    Big deal...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Linux Market to Triple by 2012
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Analyst firm Research and Markets has just put out a project on
    > | Linux-based server and client hardware sales, and is projecting that the
    > | market will more than triple between 2007 and 2012.
    > |
    > | A market for a platform is not the same as an ecosystem for it, which is
    > | much larger in that it includes the cost of people and third-party
    > | software and services for the code that runs atop the platform. So the
    > | R&M Linux market numbers might seem a little small. In any event, the
    > | consultancy pegged the Linux product and services market for Linux
    > | running on servers and clients (but not embedded systems) at $2.4
    > | billion in 2007.

    But not embedded systems? Woo!
    What is that supposed to mean?
    Embedded Linux is only worth $200+ billion!
    The last time I checked, Linux was worth $270 billion.

    > http://www.itjungle.com/tlb/tlb031108-story07.html

  4. Re: [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > Linux Market to Triple by 2012

    So reaching around 2% of the market by 2012 is the new target?

    I thought you said Linux was going to dethrone MS this year?

    Make your mind up Roy. Ask Liarnut to help he's your new lapdog it
    appears.

  5. Re: [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years

    Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstrotufer Moshe Goldfarb wrote on behalf of
    micoshaft corporation:

    > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 03:02:51 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Linux Market to Triple by 2012

    > So Linux will finally make it over 1 percent of the desktop market.
    > Big deal...

    Typical micoshaft sponsored fraudster posting selected marketing information
    on behalf of micoshaft corporation.

    Linux now expanding at the rate of at least 1 million+ desktop PCs per
    month. Embedded Linux is now selling at least 3 million embedded Linux
    devices PER DAY. The original market research is flawed as they are only
    looking at servers. It does not speak for the rest of the Linux market which
    is now worth several hundred billion dollars.

    Linux is now being embedded into the BIOS, one for which micoshaft has been
    active preventing and reported for anti-trust violation.

    Every mobo would have had Linux on the BIOS today had it not been for
    micoshaft's direct market interference stopping companies like Phoenix from
    selling BIOS with embedded Linux. And in the process Phoenix shareholders
    lose value as Splashtop and other alternatives take hold.

    Linux desktop would be 100% penetration today through Linux BIOS.
    The EU and other regulators are asleep while micoshaft continues
    its market interference and new types of market abuse and market
    distortions. Todays PCs are an abomination of zero features on the BIOS
    that cheats customers out of value despite technology having advanced
    and absolute power wastage running now to 1kW per PC when energy
    prices are so high. All the result of market abuse by micoshaft corporation.

  6. Re: [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years

    Micoshaft Fraudsters and Asstrotufer Hadron wrote on behalf of micoshaft
    corporation:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> Linux Market to Triple by 2012

    > So reaching around 2% of the market by 2012 is the new target?
    >
    > I thought you said Linux was going to dethrone MS this year?

    It has in the UMPC market.
    It has in the Game box market.

    > Make your mind up Roy. Ask Liarnut to help he's your new lapdog it
    > appears.

    Calling comp.os.linux.advocacy posters liar to prevent them posting
    is a new low for micoshaft fraudsters. May be you should switch
    to using Linux to save your soul from micoshaft.

  7. Re: [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 04:40:01 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> Linux Market to Triple by 2012

    > So reaching around 2% of the market by 2012 is the new target?
    >
    > I thought you said Linux was going to dethrone MS this year?
    >
    > Make your mind up Roy. Ask Liarnut to help he's your new lapdog it
    > appears.

    Every year we hear the same thing.
    This is the year of Linux.

    I've been hearing it since 1997 or so..

    Hey, maybe they are counting on the Munich Migration pushing the Linux
    numbers off the chart?

    Aren't they supposed to be done in 2012?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years

    7 writes:

    > Micoshaft Fraudsters and Asstrotufer Hadron wrote on behalf of micoshaft
    > corporation:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >>
    >>> Linux Market to Triple by 2012

    >> So reaching around 2% of the market by 2012 is the new target?
    >>
    >> I thought you said Linux was going to dethrone MS this year?

    > It has in the UMPC market.
    > It has in the Game box market.
    >

    >> Make your mind up Roy. Ask Liarnut to help he's your new lapdog it
    >> appears.

    > Calling comp.os.linux.advocacy posters liar to prevent them posting
    > is a new low for micoshaft fraudsters. May be you should switch
    > to using Linux to save your soul from micoshaft.

    I do use linux "7". Its you who is the Windows user. Remember?

  9. Re: [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 23:58:48 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 03:02:51 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Linux Market to Triple by 2012

    >> So Linux will finally make it over 1 percent of the desktop market.
    >> Big deal...

    > Hey, that might mean 100 more Linux developers can support themselves and
    > move out of Mom's house.

    Hopefully the first place they go is the local hairdresser and image
    consultant for a full makeover.
    A nice hot bath would hurt either.

    http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 03:02:51 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Linux Market to Triple by 2012

    > So Linux will finally make it over 1 percent of the desktop market.
    > Big deal...

    Hey, that might mean 100 more Linux developers can support themselves and
    move out of Mom's house.

  11. Re: [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years

    ____/ 7 on Wednesday 12 March 2008 03:45 : \____

    > Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstrotufer Moshe Goldfarb wrote on behalf of
    > micoshaft corporation:
    >
    >> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 03:02:51 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Linux Market to Triple by 2012

    >> So Linux will finally make it over 1 percent of the desktop market.
    >> Big deal...

    > Typical micoshaft sponsored fraudster posting selected marketing information
    > on behalf of micoshaft corporation.
    >

    > Linux now expanding at the rate of at least 1 million+ desktop PCs per
    > month. Embedded Linux is now selling at least 3 million embedded Linux
    > devices PER DAY. The original market research is flawed as they are only
    > looking at servers. It does not speak for the rest of the Linux market which
    > is now worth several hundred billion dollars.
    >
    > Linux is now being embedded into the BIOS, one for which micoshaft has been
    > active preventing and reported for anti-trust violation.
    >
    > Every mobo would have had Linux on the BIOS today had it not been for
    > micoshaft's direct market interference stopping companies like Phoenix from
    > selling BIOS with embedded Linux. And in the process Phoenix shareholders
    > lose value as Splashtop and other alternatives take hold.
    >
    > Linux desktop would be 100% penetration today through Linux BIOS.
    > The EU and other regulators are asleep while micoshaft continues
    > its market interference and new types of market abuse and market
    > distortions. Todays PCs are an abomination of zero features on the BIOS
    > that cheats customers out of value despite technology having advanced
    > and absolute power wastage running now to 1kW per PC when energy
    > prices are so high. All the result of market abuse by micoshaft corporation.

    7,

    Microsoft is approaching debt because of its number 1 threat which is mentions
    by name: Linux. Enjoy the show while Microsoft shills try the denial game. The
    thing to watch out for, however, is gangster-like behaviour such as
    Microsoft's recent briberies, lawsuits by proxy, intimidation, blackmail
    (Wal-Mart comes to mind as a possibility) and smear campaigns. Catch Microsoft
    where it breaks the law and ignore the mouthpieces it is using, against which
    the law is less effective.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Maths applied to numbers is like logic applied to statistics. Statistics are
    lies.
    Mem: 515500k total, 431132k used, 84368k free, 1260k buffers

  12. Re: [News] Research and Markets: GNU/Linux Market to At Least Triple in Less Than 4 Years

    > Linux Market to Triple by 2012
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| A market for a platform is not the same as an ecosystem for it...
    >| larger in that it includes the cost of people and third-party software and
    >| services for the code that runs atop the platform.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.itjungle.com/tlb/tlb031108-story07.html

    The ecosystem for Linux is coming along quite nicely.

    --
    The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.
    -- Bill Gates

+ Reply to Thread