Vista - How Much Memory Can I Have With Windows Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| We'd say that if you're running a 32bit version of Vista (or XP for that
| matter), not to bother putting in more than 3GB of memory - you just won't
| get the use of anything more. Certain companies such as Dell actively market
| PCs with 32bit Vista and 4GB of RAM - surely a waste although their small
| print does warn you'll only get to use 3GB of it.
`----

http://www.practicalpc.co.uk/computi...bit-memory.htm

Starter Edition can only accept up to 1 GB? Did Microsoft cripple even memory
use?

Related:

Microsoft issues significant fix for Vista graphics memory overflows

,----[ Quote ]
| "Out of Memory" errors conjure up dark reminders of DOS and the 640 KB limit,
| but that's exactly what some Windows Vista users have been experiencing when
| running some of the latest games. *
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...overflows.html

Microsoft Windows Vista: How much memory is enough?

,----[ Quote ]
| As it stands right now, you'll get the best overall performance from Vista
| with 2GB. So there you have it. If you're contemplating upgrading to Vista,
| or already running it, that's all you need to know about its memory
| requirements. Do yourself a favor and use at least 1GB of memory, testing
| with 512MB was just painful... * *
`----

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.c...id=2163&page=4

Vista System Memory Concerns

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista: Facing a Slow Adoption. In the beginning, early adopters and
| gamers who are looking to ready themselves for the DirectX 10 upgrade
| will be best suited for those ready to make an investment in the
| unknown.
|
| Considering how many software and game titles will likely need to
| be run in "compatibility mode" until patches are released across
| the board, I would suggest really looking at what Vista's advantages
| are before taking the plunge.
|
| No matter how much we may wish to see the path Vista is about to
| embark on, the fact remains that because of its hardware requirements,
| Vista adoption may turn out to be rather slow.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?op...395&Itemid=449

Microsoft Windows Is A Greedy Memory Hog, The Cure Is To Feed It RAM

,----[ Quote ]
| For Windows 2000, XP, 512MB is the minimum and 1GB or more is recommended.
| For Windows 98 any flavor, 256MB is the minimum and 1GB is recommended. If
| you are an avid PC gamer or video editor, 1GB is the minimum
| recommendation. Other operating systems such as Linux or Mac are similar.
| Simply put: more is better.
`----

http://bytepowered.org/articles/Arti...eed-It-RAM/539
http://tinyurl.com/yn9ztx