Introducing The RadeonHD Linux Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| To no real surprise, the RadeonHD driver is hosted over at FreeDesktop.org
| and you can checkout the latest code using git. In another article we are
| publishing today, we will be telling you how to install this new open-source
| driver on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon -- that is for those of you who aren't
| familiar with using git or building drivers from source. If you haven't
| already, you'll also want to read AMD's Open-Source Strategy Explained.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=842&num=1

ATI Radeon HD 2900XT Powered By Open-Source Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| The open-source Avivo driver is currently bound to supporting the ATI R500
| GPU family and with efforts now being focused on the RadeonHD driver, this
| reverse-engineered driver will likely never support the newer GPUs (The Death
| Of The R500 Avivo Driver).
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=844&num=1

Installing The RadeonHD Driver On Ubuntu

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=843&num=1

Running Nvidia display drivers with X.Org 7.3

http://www.linuxinsight.com/running-...-xorg-7.3.html

Related:

Open-Source Developers Speak Out About AMD

,----[ Quote ]
| Daniel Stone had also mentioned that in less than ten hours of the
| specifications being available, GPU specifications were downloaded from the
| X.Org server over 70,000 times and ate up more than 1.3 terabytes of
| bandwidth! *
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=838&num=1

Could AMD move open desktop Linux market?

,----[ Quote ]
| AMD’s recent move to fully support open source graphics could be the best
| news desktop Linux has had in a long time.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1427

AMD Releases 900+ Pages Of GPU Specs

,----[ Quote ]
| Ending off the X Developer Summit this year, Matthew Tippett handed off ATI's
| GPU specifications to David Airlie on a CD (as reported by Daniel Stone).
| However, the specifications are also now available on the Internet! *
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjA1Mw

AMD 8.41.7 Display Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| This driver does not support AIGLX for Beryl or Compiz, but that support will
| finally arrive next month with fglrx 8.42. Linux 2.6.23 kernel support for
| the fglrx driver will hopefully arrive next month as well. *
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=833&num=1

AMD 8.41 Display Driver Preview

,----[ Quote ]
| Whether you are using a Radeon X300 purchased a few years ago or the Radeon
| X1950PRO, the 8.41 driver is noticeably faster. How much faster? In many
| cases it is about 50% faster while in some configurations it may go as high
| as 90% or more. In fact, in some benchmarks the Mobility Radeon X300 was over
| 10x faster! * *
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=821&num=1

AMD Delivers Significant Graphics Performance and Compatibility Enhancements
for Consumer Linux Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Moving forward, AMD also plans to accelerate efforts to address the needs of
| the open source community as well.
|
| "As client computing on Linux continues to grow so has our support and focus
| on delivering best-in-class performance and compatibility for our products,"
| said Ben Bar-Haim, vice president of software, Graphics Product Group at AMD.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070905/20070904006432.html?.v=1

NVIDIA's Calm Before The Storm

,----[ Quote ]
| It has been 80 days since the last NVIDIA Linux display driver was released.
|
| [...]
|
| This week is already very busy with the X Developer Summit going on where AMD
| will be releasing their new ATI R500/600 open-source driver as well as the
| specifications and it's very likely that the new NVIDIA 100.xx.xx series
| driver will meet the world in the coming days. *
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjA0NA

NVIDIA: Got Specifications?

,----[ Quote ]