Symark Software Introduces PowerADvantage® to Extend Active Directory
Functionality to UNIX and Linux Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| PowerADvantage implements an agent on UNIX and Linux machines that
| communicates with Active Directory’s domain controllers.
`----

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...63&newsLang=en

Related:

Microsoft patches Active Directory flaw

,----[ Quote ]
| The MS07-039 Active Directory update, which is for Windows 2000 Server and
| Windows Server 2003 systems, should be at the top of enterprise IT
| administrators' lists, said Eric Schultze, chief security architect with *
| Shavlik Technologies. "That one scares me because those are the crown jewels
| there. And it looks like you're caught with your pants down at the moment." *
|
| [...]
|
| The flaw deals with the way Active Directory processes LDAP client requests.
| Attackers could create a malicious LDAP request that would then allow them
| to "take complete control of an affected system," Microsoft warned in its
| advisory on the flaw. *
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20...nfoworld/90096

Linux servers join with Active Directory

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchopensource.techtarget.c...239945,00.html

Linux servers join with Active Directory

,----[ Quote ]
| Centeris Corp., a Bellevue, Wash.-based vendor specializing in Linux
| server management tools for Windows administrators, has launched a
| new product that allows Linux servers to take part in an Active
| Directory (AD) environment.
`----

http://searchopensource.techtarget.c...239945,00.html

Can Linux Desktops Live in an Active Directory World?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://reverendted.wordpress.com/200...inux-goes-mad/