Bluetooth Improvements

,----[ Quote ]
| It used to be that taking advantage of Bluetooth on your system could be
| fiddly, and for the non-power user pretty intimidating; Fedora 8 hopes to
| change this with improvements to the interface and better integration of
| existing systems.
`----

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/BastianNocera

Will probably be pushed upsteam (to other distributions).

Related:

Linux-based Bluetooth Access Point connects 7 Bluetooth devices to Ethernet

,----[ Quote ]
| The Parani-MSP1000A runs on embedded Linux operating system, and facilitates
| user customization using Python scripts.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/9919.html

A design for a self-tuning portable RF jammer

,----[ Quote ]
| This website details the design and construction Wave Bubble: a
| self-tuning, wide-bandwidth portable RF jammer. The device is
| lightweight and small for easy camoflauging: it is the size of
| a pack of cigarettes.
`----

http://www.ladyada.net/make/wavebubble/index.html

Use Your Bluetooth Cell Phone as a Proximity Card for Linux Based Laptops
(SUSE, Ubuntu, Red Hat)

,----[ Quote ]
| Have you ever wished your computer would keep track of your comings
| and goings and secure itself accordingly? Odds are good that if you
| have a newer laptop and cell phone you can do just that. Many laptops
| now come with Bluetooth chips and most phones now support Bluetooth
| as well. This can allow your computer and cell phone to "talk" and
| create a simple proximity badge for you to use.
`----

http://www.goitexpert.com/en/index.c...or-your-Laptop
http://tinyurl.com/ypc8ga

Bluetooth on Ubuntu - A pleasant surprise

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows XP
|
| * *1. Pop in the driver CD of the dongle. Install the driver.
| * *2. Restart machine.
| * *3. Plug in the dongle in a USB port.
| * *4. Find the data transfer software on the driver CD and install
| * * * it.
| * *5. Select services (OBEX transfer, HID , Bluetooth dialup etc.)
| * * * that I want to be able to use between the phone and PC.
|
| Ubuntu
|
| * *1. Plug in the dongle in a USB port.
| * *2. Search for 'bluetooth' in Add/Remove Applications, and
| * * * install Bluetooth File Sharing.
| * *3. Select files, right click and start sending
| * * * 'em via bluetooth!
|
| No driver installation at all!
`----

http://jafferhaider.wordpress.com/20...sant-surprise/

Ubuntu and wireless - now better than Windows!

,----[ Quote ]
| For years, Linux has had a reputation of being notoriously bad for
| wireless access, whether through access points, ad-hoc, whatever.
| But the new KWirelessNetwork applet thats included in the new
| Kubuntu beta is just incredible.
`----

http://evolvedlight.co.uk/?p=20

Internet Explorer 7 has broken my Bluetooth in Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.watkissonline.co.uk/wordpress/?p=406