GNOME 2.20

,----[ Quote ]
| The 19th of September will be a special day for two reasons:
| - It's my birthday
| - GNOME 2.20 will be released
`----

http://ubuntista.blogspot.com/2007/09/gnome-220.html

KDE 4: The Shiny New Linux (and Windows) Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Due to be released on December 11th, KDE 4.0 is bringing exhilarating
| graphical, usability, and functionality improvements to the Unix-like systems
| it is designed for—and Windows users will get a taste, too.
`----

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2183488,00.asp

KDE on Windows will ease the migration to Linux (DE for a gradual switch, not
just open source apps).

Indian translation is already available:

Hindi Localization of KDE4 project accepted

http://raviratlami1.blogspot.com/200...4-project.html

Related:

KDE4 is Very Attractive

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE4 will be a big step towards an enterprise software business based on free
| software. The software on the big servers is there already, the desktop is
| next. - kdedevelopers blogs *
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/08/0...ry-attractive/

Open Source Developers Calling for the Next Desktop Revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| During his opening speech at the GNOME Developers conference GUADEC Jono
| Bacon, community manager for the Ubuntu distribution, called for a common
| vision inside the project, an area in which the project as a whole is
| currently lacking. * *
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story.php/1828...op-Revolution/

10 Ideas to Improve GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
| We love GNOME. Sometime around 2.6 it started becoming really, really damned
| good, and a lot faster and more responsive. All kinds of nice things like
| Network Manager, the Nautilus CD burner and the SFTP support popped up. It
| helps that most major Linux apps like like Firefox, Evolution, GAIM, and
| OpenOffice use the same toolkit and themes too. Obviously we’re not alone *
| either: Ubuntu, RHEL and SuSE all use GNOME by default. * *
|
| Here’s a bunch of ideas to improve it.
`----

http://www.venturecake.com/10-ideas-to-improve-gnome/

I have been playing with KDE lately.