MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux) - Linux

This is a discussion on MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux) - Linux ; raylopez99 wrote: > On Mar 5, 2:58*pm, Hadron wrote: > >> Here: >> >> http://research.microsoft.com/resear...s/default.aspx >> >> Try reading. Embarrassed? No? Bloody hell, I would be. >> >> > only that, they always come up with the most pathetic crap ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

  1. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    raylopez99 wrote:

    > On Mar 5, 2:58*pm, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Here:
    >>
    >> http://research.microsoft.com/resear...s/default.aspx
    >>
    >> Try reading. Embarrassed? No? Bloody hell, I would be.
    >>
    >> > only that, they always come up with the most pathetic crap as well in
    >> > response to new developments. Then they fight their way forward,
    >> > throwing around big bags of cash, and start claiming they were in the
    >> > forefront with their "awwr-and-deee" all the time. And those suckers
    >> > from Pace R&D

    >> You're a loony.
    >>
    >> *snip vitriol and dribble from Dicky Rasker*

    > Good one Hadron. Dicky Rasker is so stoopiid that he thought "Pace"
    > was the formal name of the magazine, when in fact it simply means
    > "Except for".

    In what language may that be, pray? To the best of my (rather extensive)
    linguistic knowledge, "pace" has no other meanings than "step" (both noun
    and verb) and "quicken" or "hasten" (as in "step up") in the English
    language; I can't even think of any language where it means "except for".

    > I'm not expecting Dicky, an EFL student, to know Latin,

    Latin, Greek, Dutch, English, German, French, and (to a lesser extent)
    Italian and Danish. The English word "except for" is praeter in Latin, not
    pace -- which has no meaning in Latin, although it comes close to "pacem",
    the accusative of "pax" ("peace"). And no, it doesn't seem to have your
    intended meaning Spanish either.

    > but at least he can stop pretending to be a know-it-all.

    I don't have to pretend ;-P

    > And he still didn't know what "network effects" are, as his pathetic
    > example proved.

    You confuse counter-trolling with a lack of knowledge.

    > 'nuff said.

    Good.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl/

  2. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    Hadron wrote:

    > Richard Rasker writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> Oh dear me. You really are loopy. Most of those R&D projects are about
    >>> long term investment in CS - nothing to do with individual "for sale"
    >>> projects.

    >> "Long term investment in CS" is pointless at the speed at which
    >> everything is developing. And even then, shouldn't Microsoft's R&D
    >> efforts from ten years ago have led to some tangible result by this time?
    >>

    > And things are developing at speed how?
    >
    > The research done by MS has contributed to oodles of advances.

    Name just one.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl/

  3. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    Richard Rasker writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Richard Rasker writes:

    >>> "Long term investment in CS" is pointless at the speed at which
    >>> everything is developing. And even then, shouldn't Microsoft's R&D
    >>> efforts from ten years ago have led to some tangible result by this time?
    >>>

    >> And things are developing at speed how?
    >>
    >> The research done by MS has contributed to oodles of advances.

    > Name just one.
    >
    > Richard Rasker

    You're a closed minded bigot. Do your own research.

    You equate R&D with a tangible product.

    it doesn't work like that.

    I already gave you the link. A lot of the reports are freely available
    for you to peruse.

    Do so, and stop looking like such a Roy wannabe.

  4. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    Richard Rasker wrote:

    > raylopez99 wrote:

    >> I'm not expecting Dicky, an EFL student, to know Latin,

    > Latin, Greek, Dutch, English, German, French, and (to a lesser extent)
    > Italian and Danish. The English word "except for" is praeter in Latin, not
    > pace -- which has no meaning in Latin, although it comes close to "pacem",
    > the accusative of "pax" ("peace").

    Hm, I stand (partially) corrected. After looking it up, I found that "pace"
    does indeed have one more meaning: "with all due respect to", used in cases
    of polite disagreement. It's derived from the Latin pax, so it's quite
    similar to the hippie "peace, man" mantra. But it most certainly doesn't
    mean "execpt for".

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl/

  5. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Richard Rasker

    wrote
    on Thu, 06 Mar 2008 21:43:43 +0100
    :
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Richard Rasker writes:

    >>> "Long term investment in CS" is pointless at the speed at which
    >>> everything is developing. And even then, shouldn't Microsoft's R&D
    >>> efforts from ten years ago have led to some tangible result by this time?
    >>>

    >> And things are developing at speed how?
    >>
    >> The research done by MS has contributed to oodles of advances.

    > Name just one.
    >
    > Richard Rasker

    INNOVA~1 Microsoft have (apparently) developed.

    [1] Horizontal file requester scrollbar. This, erm,
    innovation first showed up in Windows 95, and went contrary
    to every other file requester implemented at the time.
    Subsequently, Java has since copied the notion, as has
    KDE 3. (Gnome went the vertical scrollbar route, which
    I for one approve of.)

    [2] Air supply cutoff. This isn't a technical development,
    but it worked reasonably well; Netscape is no more, though
    Mozilla is coming back with a vengeance. A side effect:
    Internet Explorer, now at version 7, and 8 is in the wings.
    (It still doesn't quite get it right.)

    [3] The ribbon. From what little I've seen of it, the
    ribbon is arguably the coolest thing since sliced bread
    visually (others will probably quibble a lot regarding
    how useful it actually is, and I'd have to agree that it
    doesn't do much for me from an engineering standpoint).

    [4] Pay-by-the-box instead of pay-by-the-install.
    This very novel arrangement practically guaranteed that
    Microsoft would take over the desktop market. Basically,
    Microsoft gave a discount to an OEM vendor provided that
    they pay Microsoft a certain amount per box shipped,
    regardless of whether it had Windows actually installed on
    it, or not. Since this amount was less than a per-install
    ilcense, one is guaranteed that Windows was put on almost
    every box, as the margins OEM operate under are razor-thin.

    [5] Microsoft BOB. This piece of software didn't do all
    that well in the marketplace but illustrates Microsoft's
    thinking, subsequently confirmed by many actions since
    then. In short, many of us are indeed idiots not doing
    our homework. For its part BOB shows Microsoft is among
    them, as Microsoft didn't exactly do *its* homework
    prior to BOB's release -- and copies of BOB are probably
    now littering landfills.

    [6] Active Desktop. This concept basically allowed the user
    to overlay icons on a webpage, being both visually distracting
    and more or less useless unless said webpage was a background
    picture.

    [7] Stealth installs. This actually came online (AFAIK)
    sometime in 1997 or 1998, with Internet Explorer 4's
    installation kit replacing a fair number of base system
    DLLs. Current INNOVA~1 have automated the process of
    downloading, greatly simplifying the ease of having a
    Windows system crash just as one's about to get that brand
    new rendered picture at 3 in the morning. (Fortunately,
    one can disable it, as I understand it.)

    [8] "Look, I can fix everything with CTRL-ALT-DEL!"
    Another non-technical accomplishment, allowing all of
    the user base to think that they can in fact fix highly
    complex technical issues with little more than putting a
    few fingers in the wrong place.

    [9] GUI = easy to use. Another non-technical accomplishment.
    There are advantages to pulldown menus (they are a form of
    documentation, illustrating an abbreviated list of program
    capabilities), though.

    [10] OLE containment. This allows documents to contain
    other objects, and is probably one of the few Microsoft
    accomplishments that are truly innovative -- and I'm not
    even all that sure it was, but it's still around to this day.

    [11] Astroturfing. Another non-technical accomplishment.
    Basically, various posters wander into technical newsgroups
    which generally prefer to discuss other options (such as,
    oh, let me see, Linux) and tout up Microsoft Windows as
    a "superior" solution.

    [12] Over $50B/year revenue, with very comfortable margins.
    It's hard to argue with success, though one might ask some
    very pointed questions as to how ethical they were in
    achieving such.

    Microsoft INNOVA~1 at their finest.

    Things Microsoft did *NOT* innovate.

    [1] Hidden files. This idea's been around since Unix days; a file in
    Unix is hidden if it starts with a dot.

    [2] Stupidity.

    [3] Arrogance.

    [4] GUI. That is apparently Xerox PARC.

    [5] Computer viruses. Presumably, these were around in
    the CP/M days; certainly the Amiga had its share. The
    Mitnick worm is also notable; it did not run on Windows,
    unlike the vast majority of the rest.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Q: "Why is my computer doing that?"
    A: "Don't do that and you'll be fine."

  6. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    Richard Rasker wrote:

    > Richard Rasker wrote:
    >
    >> raylopez99 wrote:

    >>> I'm not expecting Dicky, an EFL student, to know Latin,

    >> Latin, Greek, Dutch, English, German, French, and (to a lesser extent)
    >> Italian and Danish. The English word "except for" is praeter in Latin,
    >> not pace -- which has no meaning in Latin, although it comes close to
    >> "pacem", the accusative of "pax" ("peace").

    > Hm, I stand (partially) corrected. After looking it up, I found that
    > "pace" does indeed have one more meaning: "with all due respect to", used
    > in cases of polite disagreement. It's derived from the Latin pax, so it's
    > quite similar to the hippie "peace, man" mantra. But it most certainly
    > doesn't mean "execpt for".
    >
    > Richard Rasker

    I dont have any idea where "raylopez" gets his idiotic idea, but he should
    ponder for a moment what "Requiescat In Pace" (RIP) might mean

    But then, that guy is so incredibly stupid, he will not recognize that
    either
    --
    To start your shiny new Core II Quad in Gameboy mode just enter
    C:\win

  7. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    Hadron wrote:

    > Richard Rasker writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> And things are developing at speed how?
    >>>
    >>> The research done by MS has contributed to oodles of advances.

    >> Name just one.
    >>
    >> Richard Rasker

    > You're a closed minded bigot. Do your own research.

    So in effect, you're asking me to put effort into proving myself wrong,
    relieving you of the need to support your point of view. Very funny.

    > You equate R&D with a tangible product.
    >
    > it doesn't work like that.

    Then how can R&D Magazine claim Microsoft's R&D to be very influential?
    There has to be some sort of evidence of this influence, or not? Or is it
    all some sort of mysterious innovative force, only to be percieved by some
    equally mysterious mind power? I'm sorry, but if the effect of something
    can't be observed or measured in any way, this something could just as well
    not exist -- and it most definitely has no influence on other things.

    > I already gave you the link. A lot of the reports are freely available
    > for you to peruse.

    Um, let's recap this, shall we? First, some misguided magazine praises the
    influence Microsoft's R&D efforts have on society. Wintrolls rejoice, and
    claim that Microsoft's products are innovative, while Linux isn't.

    I doubt this state of affairs, and my doubts are confirmed after digging
    around in the list of R&D projects you supplied. Most projects appear dead
    in the water -- so far, I have not found even one project with a "last
    updated" date later than mid-2006. (Mind you, I haven't checked them all
    out though.)
    And instead of you proving me wrong, you tell me to look better for
    something I'm convinced isn't there. Great.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl/

  8. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    Richard Rasker writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Richard Rasker writes:

    >>> Name just one.
    >>>
    >>> Richard Rasker

    >> You're a closed minded bigot. Do your own research.

    > So in effect, you're asking me to put effort into proving myself wrong,
    > relieving you of the need to support your point of view. Very funny.

    Nice try. I already posted a link to SOME of their projects.

    >> You equate R&D with a tangible product.
    >>
    >> it doesn't work like that.

    > Then how can R&D Magazine claim Microsoft's R&D to be very
    > influential?

    Do you know what R&D is? How "open R&D" given back into the community
    works?!?!?!?

    > There has to be some sort of evidence of this influence, or not? Or is it
    > all some sort of mysterious innovative force, only to be percieved by some
    > equally mysterious mind power? I'm sorry, but if the effect of something
    > can't be observed or measured in any way, this something could just as well
    > not exist -- and it most definitely has no influence on other things.

    As in totally ignoring it like you are doing? Go read the projects at
    the link I posted.

    >> I already gave you the link. A lot of the reports are freely available
    >> for you to peruse.

    > Um, let's recap this, shall we? First, some misguided magazine praises the
    > influence Microsoft's R&D efforts have on society. Wintrolls rejoice, and
    > claim that Microsoft's products are innovative, while Linux isn't.

    They did? I recall no such thing. Just you claiming that R&D did "NO"
    research.

    > I doubt this state of affairs, and my doubts are confirmed after digging
    > around in the list of R&D projects you supplied. Most projects appear dead
    > in the water -- so far, I have not found even one project with a "last
    > updated" date later than mid-2006. (Mind you, I haven't checked them all
    > out though.)

    A lot are not published until they are finished.

    > And instead of you proving me wrong, you tell me to look better for
    > something I'm convinced isn't there. Great.

    You need some fresh air.

  9. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    On Mar 6, 3:52*am, William Poaster wrote:

    > > Well, you certainly don't know latin at all.
    > > "Pace" does *not* mean "Except for"

    Yes it does. It means "except for the opinion of". So "pace R&D
    Magazine" means "except for the opinion of R&D Magazine".

    "Stupid is as stupid does"--Forrest Gump, on William Toaster the
    (im)Poaster.

    RL

  10. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    On Mar 6, 12:54*pm, Richard Rasker wrote:
    > Hm, I stand (partially) corrected. After looking it up, I found that "pace"
    > does indeed have one more meaning: "with all due respect to", used in cases
    > of polite disagreement. It's derived from the Latin pax, so it's quite
    > similar to the hippie "peace, man" mantra. But it most certainly doesn't
    > mean "execpt for".
    >
    > Richard Rasker
    > --http://www.linetec.nl/

    No, pace means "except for (the opinion of)" see the below, when used
    as a preposition.

    What ELSE don't you know, RR? Why should we trust you about Linux
    when clearly you are so opinionated to be beyond reason for simple
    grammer?

    RL

    Main Entry:
    pa·ce
    Pronunciation:
    \ˈpā-(ˌ)sē; ˈpä-(ˌ)chā, -(ˌ)kā\
    Function:
    preposition
    Etymology:
    Latin, abl. of pac-, pax peace, permission — more at pact
    Date:
    1863
    : contrary to the opinion of —usually used as an expression of
    deference to someone's contrary opinion —usually ital. virtue in grammar, pace old-fashioned grammarians — Philip Howard>

  11. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    raylopez99 wrote:

    > On Mar 6, 3:52*am, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> > Well, you certainly don't know latin at all.
    >> > "Pace" does *not* mean "Except for"

    > Yes it does.

    Idiot

    > It means "except for the opinion of". So "pace R&D
    > Magazine" means "except for the opinion of R&D Magazine".

    Really, you are a windows user.
    This much stupidity...

    --
    There are two kinds of people in this world: the kind that divides
    everybody into two kinds of people, and everybody else

  12. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > raylopez99 wrote:

    >> Yes it does.

    > Idiot

    Dopez99 sure is! I didn't say that, but he attributed it to me!
    ROTFL

    >> It means "except for the opinion of". So "pace R&D
    >> Magazine" means "except for the opinion of R&D Magazine".

    > Really, you are a windows user.
    > This much stupidity...

    Incredible, isn't it....
    So "requiescat in pace", you know...the familiar inscription you see on
    tombstones "R.I.P", according to Dopez99 means "Rest in except for"!!

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007,Fedora 8, Kubuntu 7.10.

  13. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 00:11:29 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

    > Peter Khlmann wrote:
    >
    >> raylopez99 wrote:

    >>> Yes it does.

    >> Idiot

    > Dopez99 sure is! I didn't say that, but he attributed it to me!
    > ROTFL

    You should consider it a compliment Willy Poaster.

    Most times you say nothing.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  14. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    raylopez99 writes:

    > On Mar 6, 12:54*pm, Richard Rasker wrote:
    >> Hm, I stand (partially) corrected. After looking it up, I found that "pace"
    >> does indeed have one more meaning: "with all due respect to", used in cases
    >> of polite disagreement. It's derived from the Latin pax, so it's quite
    >> similar to the hippie "peace, man" mantra. But it most certainly doesn't
    >> mean "execpt for".
    >>
    >> Richard Rasker
    >> --http://www.linetec.nl/

    > No, pace means "except for (the opinion of)" see the below, when used
    > as a preposition.
    >
    > What ELSE don't you know, RR? Why should we trust you about Linux
    > when clearly you are so opinionated to be beyond reason for simple
    > grammer?
    >
    > RL
    >
    > Main Entry:
    > pa·ce
    > Pronunciation:
    > \ˈpā-(ˌ)sē; ˈpä-(ˌ)chā, -(ˌ)kā\
    > Function:
    > preposition
    > Etymology:
    > Latin, abl. of pac-, pax peace, permission — more at pact
    > Date:
    > 1863
    > : contrary to the opinion of —usually used as an expression of
    > deference to someone's contrary opinion —usually ital. > virtue in grammar, pace old-fashioned grammarians — Philip Howard>

    The same Dicky Rasker who told us that MS do NO R&D? Seriously. He
    claimed that. Like a lot of COLA he seems to think that his lies will
    not be called.

  15. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    William Poaster writes:

    > Peter Khlmann wrote:
    >
    >> raylopez99 wrote:

    >>> Yes it does.

    >> Idiot

    > Dopez99 sure is! I didn't say that, but he attributed it to me!
    > ROTFL

    Of course you didn't say that. All you ever do is show off about your
    pathetic filters. If there's a more useless, boring poaster in usenet
    I'm glad I haven't come across him.

    ZZZZZzzzzzz.........

  16. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    raylopez99 wrote:

    > On Mar 6, 12:54*pm, Richard Rasker wrote:
    >> Hm, I stand (partially) corrected. After looking it up, I found that
    >> "pace" does indeed have one more meaning: "with all due respect to", used
    >> in cases of polite disagreement. It's derived from the Latin pax, so it's
    >> quite similar to the hippie "peace, man" mantra. But it most certainly
    >> doesn't mean "execpt for".
    >>
    >> Richard Rasker
    >> --http://www.linetec.nl/

    > No, pace means "except for (the opinion of)" see the below, when used
    > as a preposition.

    *Sigh*. You still got it wrong.

    http://www.bartleby.com/68/71/4371.html

    'pace (prep.)
    meaning "peace to," and hence "with deference to," "with the permission
    of", "with due respect or regard for," or "contrary to the opinion of", is
    a Latin tag that can be an economical way to oppose or contradict
    politely, with an apology in advance: I think, pace my opponent, that we
    must act now.'

    The "except for" doesn't indicate an actual exception, as you erroneusly
    keep hammering on, but a polite way to express disagreement. Do you
    politely disagree with R&D Magazine? Do you apologize in advance to R&D
    Magazine? Do you wish to say "With due respect to R&D Magazine"? No, I
    don't think so. Therefore, your use of this term was incorrect.

    > What ELSE don't you know, RR?

    Oh, there's a lot I don't know -- but I'm always prepared to learn.
    You, on the other hand, not only use language you don't fully understand,
    but also refuse to admit that you got it wrong. The Columbia Guide comes
    with a very appropriate warning:

    '... But it is an intellectual’s term (pronounced either PAI-see, PAH-kai,
    or PAH-chai): make certain that your audience will understand it and won’t
    think it pretentious; otherwise, use English. In writing you must
    italicize it to help avoid confusion with the English word pace.'

    > Why should we trust you about Linux when clearly you are so opinionated to
    > be beyond reason for simple grammer?

    (It's "grammar".) What has unfamiliarity with a seldom used English word --
    the meaning of which you didn't fully grasp either -- to do with knowledge
    about something I work with every day? Besides, there's a lot about Linux I
    don't know. I know where and how to find what I need to know, though.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl/

  17. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    Hadron wrote:

    > raylopez99 writes:
    >
    > The same Dicky Rasker who told us that MS do NO R&D? Seriously. He
    > claimed that.

    I didn't. I just said that I couldn't find evidence of Microsoft's R&D
    efforts having any serious influence on society. Neither could you come up
    with even one example of MS R&D making an impression of some sort; instead,
    you started mumbling that "R&D doesn't work that way" and even something
    hilarious about "Open R&D given back to the community". Reality is quite
    the contrary: people who actually tinker with and improve Microsoft's
    products, are more likely to receive cease-and-desist-letters from
    Microsoft's lawyers than praise, let alone help and support. The only
    thing "open" about Microsoft's R&D and product development is the one-way
    street towards proprietization, where they take the ideas and effort of
    third parties and sell them as their own.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl/

  18. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    Richard Rasker writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> raylopez99 writes:
    >>
    >> The same Dicky Rasker who told us that MS do NO R&D? Seriously. He
    >> claimed that.

    > I didn't. I just said that I couldn't find evidence of Microsoft's R&D
    > efforts having any serious influence on society. Neither could you
    > come up

    Other than 90% or more of the world using their computers? Other than
    the fact that all the major graphics card vendors support Dx and work
    with MS optimizing graphics pipelines. Other than the Xbox 360 making a
    profit now and ONE piece of SW for it making more in 2 days than any
    movie ever made?

    > with even one example of MS R&D making an impression of some sort; instead,
    > you started mumbling that "R&D doesn't work that way" and even something
    > hilarious about "Open R&D given back to the community". Reality is
    > quite

    I cant believe you're so blinkered.

    > the contrary: people who actually tinker with and improve Microsoft's
    > products, are more likely to receive cease-and-desist-letters from
    > Microsoft's lawyers than praise, let alone help and support. The only
    > thing "open" about Microsoft's R&D and product development is the one-way
    > street towards proprietization, where they take the ideas and effort of
    > third parties and sell them as their own.

    Tell that to the thousands of companies who have made a fortune selling
    HW and SW for MS systems.

    You need to get out more often.

  19. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)

    "DFS" stated in post
    ipWAj.5249$r76.2306@bignews8.bellsouth.net on 3/9/08 12:56 PM:

    > Rick wrote:
    >> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 18:36:48 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    >>> Other than 90% or more of the world using their computers?

    >> Monopoly power handed to them by IBM and maintained by illegal means.

    > Why would IBM do that?
    >

    >>> Other than
    >>> the fact that all the major graphics card vendors support Dx and work
    >>> with MS optimizing graphics pipelines.

    >> Network effects and illegally maintained monopoly power.

    > Like what, (p)Rick? What did MS do that was illegal that helped them
    > maintain monopoly power?

    Rick runs from any discussion of inherent weaknesses in desktop Linux by
    blaming MS and users.

    Pathetic.

    --
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    --Albert Einstein

  20. Re: MSFT wins "Who's the King of R&D?" (no mention of Linux)