Silverlight comes to Millions - Linux

This is a discussion on Silverlight comes to Millions - Linux ; http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7276907.stm ,---- | Microsoft has launched a bid to capture a segment of the growing market | for rich web content on mobile phones. | | The software firm has signed a deal with handset manufacturer Nokia to | bring ...

  1. Silverlight comes to Millions

    ,----
    | Microsoft has launched a bid to capture a segment of the growing market
    | for rich web content on mobile phones.
    |
    | The software firm has signed a deal with handset manufacturer Nokia to
    | bring its Silverlight platform to millions of mobile phones.
    |
    | Silverlight is seen as a competitor to Adobe's Flash, which is already
    | used by popular websites such as YouTube.
    |
    | The software will first be available on Nokia's high end smart phones
    | running a Symbian operating system.
    |
    | Nokia's S60 platform, which uses Symbian, will be the first to take
    | advantage of Silverlight.
    `----

    The same Nokia who bought QT?

    I'm looking forward to seeing the about turn from Mark Kent et al
    now!!!! ROTFLM.

  2. Re: Silverlight comes to Millions

    "Hadron" wrote in message

    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7276907.stm
    >
    > ,----
    > | Microsoft has launched a bid to capture a segment of the growing market
    > | for rich web content on mobile phones.
    > |
    > | The software firm has signed a deal with handset manufacturer Nokia to
    > | bring its Silverlight platform to millions of mobile phones.
    > |
    > | Silverlight is seen as a competitor to Adobe's Flash, which is already
    > | used by popular websites such as YouTube.
    > |
    > | The software will first be available on Nokia's high end smart phones
    > | running a Symbian operating system.
    > |
    > | Nokia's S60 platform, which uses Symbian, will be the first to take
    > | advantage of Silverlight.
    > `----
    >
    > The same Nokia who bought QT?
    >
    > I'm looking forward to seeing the about turn from Mark Kent et al
    > now!!!! ROTFLM.

    People should spend less time worrying about 'politics' and actually learn
    what these technologies are.

  3. Re: Silverlight comes to Millions

    "Duncan Meyer" writes:

    > "Hadron" wrote in message
    >>
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7276907.stm
    >>
    >> ,----
    >> | Microsoft has launched a bid to capture a segment of the growing market
    >> | for rich web content on mobile phones.
    >> |
    >> | The software firm has signed a deal with handset manufacturer Nokia to
    >> | bring its Silverlight platform to millions of mobile phones.
    >> |
    >> | Silverlight is seen as a competitor to Adobe's Flash, which is already
    >> | used by popular websites such as YouTube.
    >> |
    >> | The software will first be available on Nokia's high end smart phones
    >> | running a Symbian operating system.
    >> |
    >> | Nokia's S60 platform, which uses Symbian, will be the first to take
    >> | advantage of Silverlight.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> The same Nokia who bought QT?
    >>
    >> I'm looking forward to seeing the about turn from Mark Kent et al
    >> now!!!! ROTFLM.

    > People should spend less time worrying about 'politics' and actually learn
    > what these technologies are.

    You must remember that "fact" and "fiction" are rarely pertinent when
    COLA zealots get to work.

  4. Re: Silverlight costs Millions

    Micoshaft Corporation Fraudster and asstroturfer Hadron wrote on behalf of
    Micoshaft Corporatione:

    This is off topic drivel promoting micoshaft proprietory
    products in Linux advocacy newsgroups.

    You need to install and learn to use more Linux and promote
    Linux alternatives instead.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  5. Re: Silverlight comes to Millions

    On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:30:13 -0500, Duncan Meyer wrote:

    > "Hadron" wrote in message
    >>
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7276907.stm
    >>
    >> ,----
    >>| Microsoft has launched a bid to capture a segment of the growing market
    >>| for rich web content on mobile phones.
    >>|
    >>| The software firm has signed a deal with handset manufacturer Nokia to
    >>| bring its Silverlight platform to millions of mobile phones.
    >>|
    >>| Silverlight is seen as a competitor to Adobe's Flash, which is already
    >>| used by popular websites such as YouTube.
    >>|
    >>| The software will first be available on Nokia's high end smart phones
    >>| running a Symbian operating system.
    >>|
    >>| Nokia's S60 platform, which uses Symbian, will be the first to take
    >>| advantage of Silverlight.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> The same Nokia who bought QT?
    >>
    >> I'm looking forward to seeing the about turn from Mark Kent et al
    >> now!!!! ROTFLM.

    > People should spend less time worrying about 'politics' and actually learn
    > what these technologies are.

    In real life yes.
    This however is COLA where reality is not an option.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: Silverlight comes to Millions