[News] Microsoft Unleashes IE8 Propaganda to Deceive Antitrust Regulators? - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Microsoft Unleashes IE8 Propaganda to Deceive Antitrust Regulators? - Linux ; [Only been 2 weeks since the last time they tried this and failed.] Microsoft Spins IE 8 Rendering Changes ,----[ Quote ] | News Commentary. Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 press release is shameless | propaganda. | | [...] | | ...

  1. [News] Microsoft Unleashes IE8 Propaganda to Deceive Antitrust Regulators?

    [Only been 2 weeks since the last time they tried this and failed.]

    Microsoft Spins IE 8 Rendering Changes

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | News Commentary. Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 press release is shameless
    | propaganda.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Microsoft claims the move is "consistent with its efforts to promote further
    | interoperability across the Web." The press release reads like Microsoft is
    | taking some new, bold interoperability position with IE 8.
    `----

    There's another piece on the site about how Microsoft 'bribed' the Library of
    Congress to essentially exclude Linux users (or require 'patent tax' for
    access). Appalling. They will have to pay many more fines at this pace.
    Silverlight is watched by the EU Commission /and/ the States.

    de Icaza is meanwhile strutting his Moonlight in his latest blog item. What on
    earth is Novell doing?!?!

    Related:

    Opera files EU antitrust suit against Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Opera Software has filed an antitrust suit against Microsoft in the European
    | Union, accusing it of stifling competition by tying its Internet Explorer web
    | browser to Windows. *
    |
    | The complaint, which was filed by the Norwegian firm with the European
    | Commission yesterday, says Microsoft is abusing its dominant position in the
    | desktop PC market by offering only Internet Explorer as a standard part of
    | Windows, and hindering interoperability by not following accepted standards
    | with IE. * *
    |
    | Opera is asking the Commission, the executive branch of the European Union,
    | to force Microsoft to unbundle IE from Windows, or include other browsers as
    | a standard part of its operating system. It also wants it to require
    | Microsoft to adhere to industry standards with its Web browser. *
    `----

    http://www.computerworlduk.com/manag...fm?newsid=6663

    Related:

    ECIS Accuses Microsoft of Plotting HTML Hijack

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://www.betanews.com/article/ECIS...ack/1169824569

    ,----[ Quote ]

    `----

    http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowa...00/PX02991.pdf

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft Unleashes IE8 Propaganda to Deceive Antitrust Regulators?

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > [Only been 2 weeks since the last time they tried this and failed.]
    >
    > Microsoft Spins IE 8 Rendering Changes

    Remarkable.
    Micoshaft hasn't spent any effort fixing PISTA problems and already
    they are trying to compete with Firefox with their own poor
    quality web browsers by doing facelift? Somehow I don't
    think facelift with no work going into it
    is enough just like no work had gone into PISTA from expee.
    It appears only open source projects like Firefox and Linux that keep
    the innovation pace going.

    I won't be using micoshaft products - I'd rather stick
    with Firefox, Seamonkey's and its brilliant HTML editor
    and Linux.

    http://www.distrowatch.com
    http://www.livecdlist.com

+ Reply to Thread