IBM and Red Hat launch algorithmic trading platform

,----[ Quote ]
| The system combines IBM's QS21 BladeCenter servers and Red Hat's Enterprise
| Linux Advanced operating system, the companies said.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Stor...yhoo&dist=yhoo

Related:

Open Source Slowly Gains Momentum on Wall Street

,----[ Quote ]
| Customers may be comfortable using Linux for infrastructure-type
| systems but less so for business software, said Monica Kumar,
| senior director of product manager for Linux and open-source
| software at Oracle.
`----

http://www.adtmag.com/article.aspx?id=20569

Linux On Wall Street Is Not An Oxymoron. Or Is It? *

,----[ Quote ]
| So is Linux on Wall Street an oxymoron? Of course it's not.
|
| Linux has staunch supporters on the street who are making money
| with it and are recognizing the inherent benefits of the model.
| Linux, which is by definition free software, is not necessarily
| free without price or without the potential for profit.
|
| Wall Street is all about money, and Linux has proven -- and will
| continue to prove -- that it is a worthy tool in the quest to
| generate even more money.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/commenta...le.php/3674571

Red Hat's Real Time Coming Sooner Than Later

,----[ Quote ]
| Real Time Linux will be available to Red Hat customers sooner than had
| been originally expected, but unlike many Red Hat innovations, the new
| Real Time capabilities will not show up first in Red Hat's Fedora
| community Linux distribution.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news...le.php/3674191

Linux Crossing Threshold to Real Mission Critical Computing

,----[ Quote ]
| ...Linux developers are steadily chipping away at the most
| significant functional gaps that limited its suitability for
| these workloads in the past, allowing it to progress far beyond the
| "edge of network" domain where it has traditionally thrived. The
| impressive wins by Novell and Red Hat prove that user perceptions
| about Linux's limitations are gradually crumbling as well.
`----

http://ideasint.blogs.com/ideasinsig...crossing_.html

Linux in 2006: June is Busting Out All Over

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplane...le.php/3650901