Re: [News] OOXML BRM Disaster Had Rules Altered, Disobeyed - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] OOXML BRM Disaster Had Rules Altered, Disobeyed - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > http://www.robweir.com/blog/2008/03/...ng-mugged.html This is the most damning report of the BRM and ISO so far. Microsoft not only corrupts standards, it even corrupts the standards /process/. I there anything left, I wonder, that Microsoft has /not/ yet ...

  1. Re: [News] OOXML BRM Disaster Had Rules Altered, Disobeyed

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > http://www.robweir.com/blog/2008/03/...ng-mugged.html

    This is the most damning report of the BRM and ISO so far.

    Microsoft not only corrupts standards, it even corrupts the standards
    /process/. I there anything left, I wonder, that Microsoft has /not/ yet
    corrupted?

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    03:36:33 up 74 days, 1:12, 5 users, load average: 0.06, 0.04, 0.05

  2. Re: [News] OOXML BRM Disaster Had Rules Altered, Disobeyed

    [H]omer espoused:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2008/03/...ng-mugged.html

    > This is the most damning report of the BRM and ISO so far.
    >
    > Microsoft not only corrupts standards, it even corrupts the standards
    > /process/. I there anything left, I wonder, that Microsoft has /not/ yet
    > corrupted?

    Oh man, don't ask... I'm sure they're looking to see.

  3. Re: [News] OOXML BRM Disaster Had Rules Altered, Disobeyed

    Mark Kent espoused:
    > [H]omer espoused:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2008/03/...ng-mugged.html

    >> This is the most damning report of the BRM and ISO so far.
    >>
    >> Microsoft not only corrupts standards, it even corrupts the standards
    >> /process/. I there anything left, I wonder, that Microsoft has /not/ yet
    >> corrupted?
    >>

    > Oh man, don't ask... I'm sure they're looking to see.

    Roy mentioned in another posting that Microsoft are planning to push XPS
    (this is their own version of PDF, afairc, as they aim to put Adobe out
    of business, using ISO to help them) through in the same way.

    Oddly, they could possibly have more success with XPS, as PDF is also
    proprietary. Probably the best counter to it would be postscript?

    In any case, Microsoft are doing anything they can to find ways of
    taxing the world for existing.

    I wonder if anyone has managed to patent the water molecule at the
    USPTO? Or Air, for that matter.

  4. Re: [News] OOXML BRM Disaster Had Rules Altered, Disobeyed

    ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 04 March 2008 08:18 : \____

    > [H]omer espoused:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2008/03/...ng-mugged.html

    >> This is the most damning report of the BRM and ISO so far.
    >>
    >> Microsoft not only corrupts standards, it even corrupts the standards
    >> /process/. I there anything left, I wonder, that Microsoft has /not/ yet
    >> corrupted?
    >>

    > Oh man, don't ask... I'm sure they're looking to see.

    They seem to have pressured seniors out of their job at ISO. They fled.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Google: organising the world's information. Government: reorgnaising
    the world's information (censorship) in its favour

  5. Re: OOXML BRM Disaster Had Rules Altered, Disobeyed

    On Mar 4, 10:21 pm, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Roy mentioned in another posting that Microsoft are planning to push XPS
    > (this is their own version of PDF, afairc, as they aim to put Adobe out
    > of business, using ISO to help them) through in the same way.
    >
    > Oddly, they could possibly have more success with XPS, as PDF is also
    > proprietary. Probably the best counter to it would be postscript?

    Adobe PDF 1.7 has been approved to become ISO 32000

    http://blogs.adobe.com/insidepdf/200...17_passed.html

  6. Re: [News] OOXML BRM Disaster Had Rules Altered, Disobeyed

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 04 March 2008 08:18 : \____
    >
    >> [H]omer espoused:

    >>> This is the most damning report of the BRM and ISO so far.
    >>>
    >>> Microsoft not only corrupts standards, it even corrupts the standards
    >>> /process/. I there anything left, I wonder, that Microsoft has /not/ yet
    >>> corrupted?
    >>>

    >> Oh man, don't ask... I'm sure they're looking to see.

    > They seem to have pressured seniors out of their job at ISO. They fled.

    Interesting - I wonder if they left because they didn't want to be
    associated with the growing corruption? Maybe they were just both smart
    and principled. After all, those who remained are likely to be seen as
    collaborators in this corruption.

  7. Re: OOXML BRM Disaster Had Rules Altered, Disobeyed

    diogratia espoused:
    > On Mar 4, 10:21 pm, Mark Kent wrote:
    >

    >> Roy mentioned in another posting that Microsoft are planning to push XPS
    >> (this is their own version of PDF, afairc, as they aim to put Adobe out
    >> of business, using ISO to help them) through in the same way.
    >>
    >> Oddly, they could possibly have more success with XPS, as PDF is also
    >> proprietary. Probably the best counter to it would be postscript?
    >>

    > Adobe PDF 1.7 has been approved to become ISO 32000
    >
    > http://blogs.adobe.com/insidepdf/200...17_passed.html

    Ahh, interesting - I stand educated & corrected, thanks.

    In this case, there is no case for XPS any more than there was for
    OOXML.

  8. Re: [News] OOXML BRM Disaster Had Rules Altered, Disobeyed

    * [H]omer peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2008/03/...ng-mugged.html

    > This is the most damning report of the BRM and ISO so far.
    >
    > Microsoft not only corrupts standards, it even corrupts the standards
    > /process/. I there anything left, I wonder, that Microsoft has /not/ yet
    > corrupted?

    Hey, it's innovation at its finest!

    Speaking of standards...

    --
    To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit
    different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's

  9. Re: [News] OOXML BRM Disaster Had Rules Altered, Disobeyed

    ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 04 March 2008 13:46 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 04 March 2008 08:18 : \____
    >>
    >>> [H]omer espoused:

    >>> Oh man, don't ask... I'm sure they're looking to see.

    >> They seem to have pressured seniors out of their job at ISO. They fled.
    >>

    > Interesting - I wonder if they left because they didn't want to be
    > associated with the growing corruption? Maybe they were just both smart
    > and principled. After all, those who remained are likely to be seen as
    > collaborators in this corruption.

    Yes, that was Bryan's reasons. There were others as well. He confessed about
    this and it leaked to the Web. Very sad story. ISO is IMSO, as I called it at
    the time. They got insiders, just as they always do (Nokia, Yahoo, Google,
    panel-stacking and so forth).
    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
    Mem: 515500k total, 444520k used, 70980k free, 5676k buffers

  10. Re: [News] OOXML BRM Disaster Had Rules Altered, Disobeyed

    ____/ Linonut on Tuesday 04 March 2008 14:41 : \____

    > * [H]omer peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2008/03/...ng-mugged.html

    >> This is the most damning report of the BRM and ISO so far.
    >>
    >> Microsoft not only corrupts standards, it even corrupts the standards
    >> /process/. I there anything left, I wonder, that Microsoft has /not/ yet
    >> corrupted?

    > Hey, it's innovation at its finest!
    >
    > Speaking of standards...

    Well, it's corruption, whether rules exist to criminalise for this or not. I
    mean, the whole process since early 2007 and even the bullying in 2006
    deserves the attention of the US. The EU responded, but a tad too late. Alas,
    the Net has it all documented. People can find out the truth, including names
    of the cons.