Open Linux is our biggest competitor now .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Open Linux is our biggest competitor now .. - Linux ; "If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?", newsmaker: Open...Linux. I don't want to say open source. Linux, certainly have to go with that. Perhaps Google on that layer ..", Ballmer http://snipurl.com/20v3w http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat...tml?tag=st.num...

  1. Open Linux is our biggest competitor now ..

    "If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it
    be?", newsmaker:

    Open...Linux. I don't want to say open source. Linux, certainly have
    to go with that. Perhaps Google on that layer ..", Ballmer

    http://snipurl.com/20v3w
    http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat...tml?tag=st.num

  2. Re: Open Linux is our biggest competitor now ..

    "Doug Mentohl" wrote in message
    > "If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it
    > be?", newsmaker:
    >
    > Open...Linux. I don't want to say open source. Linux, certainly have
    > to go with that. Perhaps Google on that layer ..", Ballmer
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/20v3w
    > http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat...tml?tag=st.num

    In context thought, he explains:

    "Ballmer: Robbie...well, I don't know. I think Robbie would be more likely
    to say Apple probably than anything. Now if you ask Kevin Johnson (president
    of Platforms and Services), he'd probably say Google. You ask (Servers and
    Tools unit head) Bob Muglia, he'd probably say Linux or Oracle, maybe IBM.
    If you ask Steve Elop (president of Microsoft's Business Division), who
    replaces Jeff Raikes, I just think he would say Open Office, potentially
    Google. And certainly Kevin Johnson (might add) Apple and Linux."

  3. Re: Open Linux is our biggest competitor now ..

    Micoshaft Corporation Fraudster and asstroturfer amicus_curious berger wrote
    on behalf of micoshaft corporation:

    > "Doug Mentohl" wrote in message
    >> "If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it
    >> be?", newsmaker:
    >>
    >> Open...Linux. I don't want to say open source. Linux, certainly have
    >> to go with that. Perhaps Google on that layer ..", Ballmer
    >>
    >> http://snipurl.com/20v3w
    >> http://www.news.com

    Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft---page-2/2008-1012_3-6232458-2.html?tag=st.num

    > In context thought, he explains:

    That is answering a different question!!!
    The direct answer from the man in charge at micoshaft corporation:

    Blammer: Open Linux is a threat to micoshaft!

    So right now they are forced to use fraudsters and asstroturfers to slam
    Linux and extend this practice to corridoors of power through
    lobbying dumb politicians into a corner with fake grass roots
    activision. These politicians need to hire lawyers and ensure
    that what micoshaft supplies to them in facts and figures
    are checked with the wider community; particularly the open source
    community.

  4. Re: Open Linux is our biggest competitor now ..

    "7" wrote in message
    news:qWYyj.17253$XI.12345@text.news.virginmedia.co m...
    > Micoshaft Corporation Fraudster and asstroturfer amicus_curious berger
    > wrote
    > on behalf of micoshaft corporation:
    >

    >> "Doug Mentohl" wrote in message
    >>> "If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it
    >>> be?", newsmaker:
    >>>
    >>> Open...Linux. I don't want to say open source. Linux, certainly have
    >>> to go with that. Perhaps Google on that layer ..", Ballmer
    >>>
    >>> http://snipurl.com/20v3w
    >>> http://www.news.com

    > Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft---page-2/2008-1012_3-6232458-2.html?tag=st.num
    >>
    >> In context thought, he explains:

    > That is answering a different question!!!
    > The direct answer from the man in charge at micoshaft corporation:
    >
    > Blammer: Open Linux is a threat to micoshaft!
    >
    > So right now they are forced to use fraudsters and asstroturfers to slam
    > Linux and extend this practice to corridoors of power through
    > lobbying dumb politicians into a corner with fake grass roots
    > activision. These politicians need to hire lawyers and ensure
    > that what micoshaft supplies to them in facts and figures
    > are checked with the wider community; particularly the open source
    > community.

    Did anyone ever say you were amusing with your earthy lack of
    sophistication?

  5. Re: Open Linux is our biggest competitor now ..

    Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > "If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it
    > be?", newsmaker:
    >
    > Open...Linux. I don't want to say open source. Linux, certainly have
    > to go with that. Perhaps Google on that layer ..", Ballmer
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/20v3w
    > http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat...tml?tag=st.num

    Ballmer: "Can't bring my self to say open
    ssoo ssoooou sooouurrrr nnyee nyee nyeeeee soouuurrr arghhhh!"

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    04:00:11 up 74 days, 1:36, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.07

  6. Re: Open Linux is our biggest competitor now ..

    On Tuesday 04 March 2008 4:00 am, [H]omer wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

    > Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >
    >> "If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it
    >> be?", newsmaker:
    >>
    >> Open...Linux. I don't want to say open source. Linux, certainly have
    >> to go with that. Perhaps Google on that layer ..", Ballmer
    >>
    >> http://snipurl.com/20v3w

    http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat...tml?tag=st.num

    > Ballmer: "Can't bring my self to say open
    > ssoo ssoooou sooouurrrr nnyee nyee nyeeeee soouuurrr arghhhh!"

    "Because he's a shmeeee....smmmeee.....smeghuurrrrr.....smeeeheeee e...... Oh,
    it's no use, sir. I just can't bring myself to say it"

    --
    Mandrake 2008.1 RC1
    --On a 64bit system--

+ Reply to Thread