Linux game engine - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux game engine - Linux ; thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com writes: > Linonut wrote: >> * thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com peremptorily fired off this memo: >> >>> Tim Smith wrote: >>>> >>>> Here are some: >>>> >>>> Unreal from Epic >>>> Torque from GarageGames >>>> Various engines from Id >>> >>> I've ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 69 of 69

  1. Re: Linux game engine

    thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com writes:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >> * thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> I've been away from COLA for a while, buried in work, property
    >>> renovations, and political activism. What did I miss?

    >> Mostly a crap-flood of denouncements of Roy from Tim and Erik.
    >> I have the rest of 'em plonked pretty thoroughly, so I don't see
    >> much of their drivel.

    Thad, you will notice another "lie" from Liarnut in another post where
    he states its only me he has killfiled. He can't help himself. A schizo
    nutball IMO.

  2. Re: Linux game engine

    * thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >> * thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> I've been away from COLA for a while, buried in work, property
    >>> renovations, and political activism. What did I miss?

    >> Mostly a crap-flood of denouncements of Roy from Tim and Erik.
    >> I have the rest of 'em plonked pretty thoroughly, so I don't see
    >> much of their drivel.

    > --
    > Yeah, I drank the Open Source cool-aid... Unlike the other brand, it had
    > all the ingredients on the label.

    Oops.

    --
    Microsoft is not about greed. It's about innovation and fairness.
    -- Bill Gates

  3. Re: Linux game engine

    Hadron wrote:
    > thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com writes:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>> * thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Mostly a crap-flood of denouncements of Roy from Tim and Erik.
    >>> I have the rest of 'em plonked pretty thoroughly, so I don't see
    >>> much of their drivel.
    >>>

    > Thad, you will notice another "lie" from Liarnut in another post where
    > he states its only me he has killfiled. He can't help himself. A schizo
    > nutball IMO.

    Actually, I wasn't even trying to respond to that post. My network
    connection stalled briefly while I was typing something, and then
    rtin went nuts when it came back and incorrectly processed a bunch
    of buffered keystrokes (I'm posting over an SSH session via
    cellular modem).

    Generally, I just ignore the COLA mud-slinging, regardless of who
    is doing it or how unfair or deserved it might be.

    Thad
    all the ingredients on the label.

  4. Re: Linux game engine

    chrisv wrote:

    >>Hadron snotted:

    >>> You make my point far more eloquently than I ever could.

    > Wrong as usual, fsckwit. The fact that you call "choosing not to read
    > your posts" "censorship", is proof positive that you're a stupid,
    > lying asshole whose posts are not worth reading.
    >
    > Indeed, if a newbie were to enter the group and ask "why do so many of
    > you ignore Hadron", it would be a simple matter to refer him to these
    > ridiculous claims of yours as proof of your astounding willingness to
    > take the clearly, obviously, wrong side of an issue, just so that you
    > can troll.
    >
    >>> "We only censor the people we do not agree with".

    > No one is being censored, fsckwit, and the reason you are plonked is
    > because you're a snotty lying asshole, not because you are
    > disagreed-with, although I will say that idiocy on the level that you
    > are displaying now is a plonk-worthy offense.
    >
    > Clearly, you are not interested in honest debate. Clearly, you are a
    > dishonest and idiotic troll. So why should we bother?
    >
    > Grow the fsck up, stop being a worthless piece of ****, and more
    > people might read you.
    >
    > Is any of this really difficult to figure out, fsckwit?
    >
    >>> So much for "Open" eh?

    > Reading idiocy, snot, and lies from the likes of you is not a
    > requirement of being "open", fsckwit.
    >
    >>> Hypocrites.

    > Nope. You are lying again, asshole.

    Here is something you may not know. In alt.os.linux.ubuntu there is a wintroll
    who calls himself "Frank" (I think I've seen a couple of replies to it in
    here). As I recall, when challenged by someone in alt.os.linux.ubuntu why Quack
    attacked some posters but said *nothing* about the "Frank" troll, Quack's
    excuse was because....he'd *binned* him! (Or words to that effect)

    Ironic isn't it.

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007,Fedora 8, Kubuntu 7.10.

  5. Re: Linux game engine

    William Poaster wrote:

    >Here is something you may not know. In alt.os.linux.ubuntu there is a wintroll
    >who calls himself "Frank" (I think I've seen a couple of replies to it in
    >here). As I recall, when challenged by someone in alt.os.linux.ubuntu why Quack
    >attacked some posters but said *nothing* about the "Frank" troll, Quack's
    >excuse was because....he'd *binned* him! (Or words to that effect)
    >
    >Ironic isn't it.

    Hard to say. Quack might simply be lying. Since he's both a
    hypocrite and a proven liar, there's no way to know the truth...

  6. Re: Linux game engine

    chrisv writes:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >>Here is something you may not know. In alt.os.linux.ubuntu there is a wintroll
    >>who calls himself "Frank" (I think I've seen a couple of replies to it in
    >>here). As I recall, when challenged by someone in alt.os.linux.ubuntu why Quack
    >>attacked some posters but said *nothing* about the "Frank" troll, Quack's
    >>excuse was because....he'd *binned* him! (Or words to that effect)
    >>
    >>Ironic isn't it.

    > Hard to say. Quack might simply be lying. Since he's both a
    > hypocrite and a proven liar, there's no way to know the truth...

    Ubuntu is a help group. Willy and his fanatics play the same game there
    as here. Morons like Frank get switched off. All he does is post
    diatribes. Simple really. No message from just "Linux sux". if you cant
    see the difference then god help you.

  7. Re: Linux game engine

    Hadron wrote:

    > chrisv writes:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>>Here is something you may not know. In alt.os.linux.ubuntu there is a
    >>>wintroll who calls himself "Frank" (I think I've seen a couple of replies
    >>>to it in here). As I recall, when challenged by someone in
    >>>alt.os.linux.ubuntu why Quack attacked some posters but said *nothing*
    >>>about the "Frank" troll, Quack's excuse was because....he'd *binned* him!
    >>>(Or words to that effect)
    >>>
    >>>Ironic isn't it.

    >> Hard to say. Quack might simply be lying. Since he's both a
    >> hypocrite and a proven liar, there's no way to know the truth...
    >>

    > Ubuntu is a help group. Willy and his fanatics play the same game there
    > as here. Morons like Frank get switched off. All he does is post
    > diatribes. Simple really. No message from just "Linux sux". if you cant
    > see the difference then god help you.

    And that would be different here exactly why?
    Is "Frank" less of a moron in cola? No, he is not. He is exactly the same
    brainless windows luser in cola he is in the ubuntu group. Dirt is real
    smart compared to that cretin.
    So why exactly should it be wrong to bin that idiot here in cola? All he
    ever does is making windows users look exactly the idiots most of them are
    --
    If you had any brains, you'd be dangerous.

  8. Re: Linux game engine

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> chrisv writes:

    >>> Hard to say. Quack might simply be lying. Since he's both a
    >>> hypocrite and a proven liar, there's no way to know the truth...
    >>>

    >> Ubuntu is a help group. Willy and his fanatics play the same game there
    >> as here.

    Except, of course, Quack lies yet again. Nor is anyone playing games, he's been
    exposed as a fraud & he doesn't like it.
    Also quite a few of the "fanatics playing the same game" in alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    don't even post in here (unless a troll crossposts them).
    Here are what some said about Quack in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    Creative cutting and pasting, though...

    Hadron: > I think that will do for now.

    Sure will. ¬*You have already proved what a liar and an idiot you are...

    From: Joe
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: Another Successful Linux Install
    Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007

    I don't give a flying **** how many people you've helped, you're still an
    arrogant prick full of himself and your ****ty attitude does far more harm
    than good.

    Meat Plow in reply to Quack
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: Install to USB Drive

    From: Stephan Rose
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: OSX 7% Linux .63% -- Just as predicted --
    Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:31:18

    There is a certain amount of hostility towards Linux in most of your posts. Your
    statement above is one prime example. Google can reveal plenty others. Even a
    blind person reading this newsgroup could pretty quickly figure out that you do
    appear to favor MS...hence why question why do you bother with linux?

    Perhaps, but I'm not a confirmed liar, troll, MS-shill and waste of
    bandwidth. ¬*What have you ever contributed to the world apart from your
    cretinous babblings in various newsgroups (where you are mostly killfiled)?
    Perhaps it's time to dump you into the killfile where trolls and cretins
    belong...

    From: Christopher Hunter in reply to Quack
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008

    Simply PLONK Hadron. ¬*Have the disposition be 'mark read'.
    That way the article will not be downloaded, and the only thing
    that will show up is the existance of the nuisance. ¬*:-)

    CBFalconer - alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Sunday 30 Dec 2007

    ....save for Quack, rayluzez, and the rest of the circus clown car ejaculate.

    Harold Stevens
    Wednesday 12 Dec 2007 7:16:22 pm
    alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    I'm prepared to tell you to fsck off anytime you get on one of your
    COLA diatribes around here. As to a one a week posting on Ubuntu
    version numbers, I can live with that. It's far less annoying than the
    **** you constantly post around here.

    From: NoStop
    alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Sun, 09 Dec 2007

    And so on...& so on...

    I expect Quack will now bluster & splutter about these people, (as he has done
    before) but the fact is they *know* he's a fraud & troll.

    >> Morons like Frank get switched off. All he does is post
    >> diatribes. Simple really. No message from just "Linux sux". if you cant
    >> see the difference then god help you.

    > And that would be different here exactly why?
    > Is "Frank" less of a moron in cola? No, he is not. He is exactly the same
    > brainless windows luser in cola he is in the ubuntu group. Dirt is real
    > smart compared to that cretin.
    > So why exactly should it be wrong to bin that idiot here in cola? All he
    > ever does is making windows users look exactly the idiots most of them are

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007,Fedora 8, Kubuntu 7.10.
    Testing: Mandrake One 2008.1 Beta2
    -- On 64bit systems --

  9. Re: Linux game engine

    Rick wrote:
    > On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 11:09:39 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 06:30:14 -0800 (PST), allen.darrin@gmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >>> Are there any companies developing great linux game engines?

    >> When it comes to games, Linux is like an Etch a Sketch and Windows is
    >> like a Rembrandt.
    >>
    >> Until a company can figure out how to sget Linux users to pay for games,
    >> especially games they probably already own Windows versions of, gaming
    >> and Linux is mostly dead. There are exceptions, but they are few
    >> compared to what is offered fto Windows users.
    >>
    >> See Loki for details.

    > Unfortunately classic chicken/egg situation.

    The world now has lots of both chickens and eggs, but there was a time
    when there were neither chickens nor eggs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4