Linux game engine - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux game engine - Linux ; * Peter Köhlmann peremptorily fired off this memo: > Hadron wrote: >> >> Liarnut can not comment on what he missed because Liarnut misses most of >> it since he took draconian measures with his new slrn filter knowledge. >> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

  1. Re: Linux game engine

    * Peter Köhlmann peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> Liarnut can not comment on what he missed because Liarnut misses most of
    >> it since he took draconian measures with his new slrn filter knowledge.
    >>
    >> It really is very simple for even you to understand.

    > And it makes him "as bad, if not worse" if he decides that he will not read
    > certain posts?
    > Poor Hadron Josip Stalin Quark

    To paraphrase yourself, Peter: "Ignore everything Hadron posts. It is
    garbage."

    >> I suggest you learn what is meant before commenting. That way you will
    >> not appear such a fool. Try listening to Radio 4 LW for a while. That
    >> should help.

    > Well, I am not the one with a severe misunderstanding what "censorship" is.
    > That would be you
    > After all, according to you "not reading every newspaper available
    > worldwide" is "censoring" them. Just as deciding not to read every garbage
    > posted in newsgroups, but excluding some offenders posts by scoring
    >
    > All that is "censorship" the Hadron Quark way.

    Killfiles are censorship in the same way a cat box collects turds.

    To quote from the Scoop Away box:

    MULTIPLE CAT FORMULA!
    CLUMPS TIGHT!
    EASY TO SCOOP!

    And the slrn score system is even better, since I don't have to bother
    digging through the kitty litter to scoop up the little Hadrons that the
    cat left behind.

    The bit bucket was invented for jerks like Hadron.

    --
    I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of
    that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.

  2. Re: Linux game engine

    Linonut writes:

    > * Peter Köhlmann peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Liarnut can not comment on what he missed because Liarnut misses most of
    >>> it since he took draconian measures with his new slrn filter knowledge.
    >>>
    >>> It really is very simple for even you to understand.

    >> And it makes him "as bad, if not worse" if he decides that he will not read
    >> certain posts?
    >> Poor Hadron Josip Stalin Quark

    > To paraphrase yourself, Peter: "Ignore everything Hadron posts. It is
    > garbage."

    So once more for the hard of thinking:

    If Liarnut openly admits to killfiling 2/3 of posts here, how the HELL
    can he comment on what has been going on? Simple. He can not.

    I will leave the rest as an exercise in common sense.

  3. Re: Linux game engine

    So anyway, it was like, 13:48 CET Mar 04 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    > So once more for the hard of thinking:
    >
    > If Liarnut openly admits to killfiling 2/3 of posts here, how the
    > HELL can he comment on what has been going on? Simple. He can not.

    So anyone not reading 100% of the posts in this newsgroup is
    unqualified to comment on "what has been going on"? Who does that
    leave, you and "Moshe"?

    > I will leave the rest as an exercise in common sense.

    One thing in particular you seem to need to excercise more often.

    --
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. Perth ---> *
    13:52:18 up 24 days, 14:18, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.07, 0.05

  4. Re: Linux game engine

    Johan Lindquist writes:

    > So anyway, it was like, 13:48 CET Mar 04 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    > Hadron was all like, "Dude,
    >
    >> So once more for the hard of thinking:
    >>
    >> If Liarnut openly admits to killfiling 2/3 of posts here, how the
    >> HELL can he comment on what has been going on? Simple. He can not.

    > So anyone not reading 100% of the posts in this newsgroup is
    > unqualified to comment on "what has been going on"? Who does that
    > leave, you and "Moshe"?

    Are you as stupid as you are demonstrating?

    Liarnut has admitted to not SEEING 66% of posts. Including threads
    involving certain people that spotted his lies and shills and he didn't
    like them being highlighted.

    Now, even a robot like you must be able to determine that is a lot
    different than skipping a few % due to choice when browsing.

    >> I will leave the rest as an exercise in common sense.

    > One thing in particular you seem to need to excercise more often.

    Hardly likely given I am not mobile.

  5. Re: Linux game engine

    So anyway, it was like, 14:11 CET Mar 04 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    Hadron was all like, "Dude,
    > Johan Lindquist writes:
    >> So anyway, it was like, 13:48 CET Mar 04 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    >> Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    >>> So once more for the hard of thinking:
    >>>
    >>> If Liarnut openly admits to killfiling 2/3 of posts here, how the
    >>> HELL can he comment on what has been going on? Simple. He can not.

    >> So anyone not reading 100% of the posts in this newsgroup is
    >> unqualified to comment on "what has been going on"? Who does that
    >> leave, you and "Moshe"?

    > Are you as stupid as you are demonstrating?

    I don't know, how stupid am I demonstrating that I am?

    > Liarnut has admitted to not SEEING 66% of posts. Including threads
    > involving certain people that spotted his lies and shills and he
    > didn't like them being highlighted.
    >
    > Now, even a robot like you must be able to determine that is a lot
    > different than skipping a few % due to choice when browsing.

    Anyone skipping "a few %" of the traffic in this group really has too
    much time on their hands, as I see it. I'd be surprised to find out
    that 50% of the readers read 50% of the total volume posted here.

    >>> I will leave the rest as an exercise in common sense.

    >> One thing in particular you seem to need to excercise more often.

    > Hardly likely given I am not mobile.

    But you are literate? I thought the reference to exactly what you
    needed to excercise was pretty obvious, but I guess not. Or maybe it
    just shows I was spot on.

    --
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. Perth ---> *
    14:21:21 up 24 days, 14:47, 1 user, load average: 0.03, 0.04, 0.04

  6. Re: Linux game engine

    Johan Lindquist writes:

    > So anyway, it was like, 14:11 CET Mar 04 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    > Hadron was all like, "Dude,
    >> Johan Lindquist writes:
    >>> So anyway, it was like, 13:48 CET Mar 04 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    >>> Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    >>> So anyone not reading 100% of the posts in this newsgroup is
    >>> unqualified to comment on "what has been going on"? Who does that
    >>> leave, you and "Moshe"?

    >> Are you as stupid as you are demonstrating?

    > I don't know, how stupid am I demonstrating that I am?

    You're clearly too stupid to realise :-;

    >> Liarnut has admitted to not SEEING 66% of posts. Including threads
    >> involving certain people that spotted his lies and shills and he
    >> didn't like them being highlighted.
    >>
    >> Now, even a robot like you must be able to determine that is a lot
    >> different than skipping a few % due to choice when browsing.

    > Anyone skipping "a few %" of the traffic in this group really has too
    > much time on their hands, as I see it. I'd be surprised to find out
    > that 50% of the readers read 50% of the total volume posted here.

    So now you are telling people what they read.

    >>> One thing in particular you seem to need to excercise more often.

    >> Hardly likely given I am not mobile.

    > But you are literate? I thought the reference to exactly what you
    > needed to excercise was pretty obvious, but I guess not. Or maybe it
    > just shows I was spot on.

    The only thing it shows is that you are as wrong now as you were
    above. It is not "right" that someone who FILTERS 66% of a newsgroup is
    able to give a true and accurate precis of group traffic.

  7. Re: Linux game engine

    Johan Lindquist wrote:

    >Hadron quacked:
    >
    >> So once more for the hard of thinking:
    >>
    >> If Liarnut openly admits to killfiling 2/3 of posts here, how the
    >> HELL can he comment on what has been going on? Simple. He can not.

    >So anyone not reading 100% of the posts in this newsgroup is
    >unqualified to comment on "what has been going on"? Who does that
    >leave, you and "Moshe"?
    >
    >> I will leave the rest as an exercise in common sense.

    >One thing in particular you seem to need to excercise more often.

    Nice logic, eh? "If you don't read the garbage posted by lying,
    snotty assholes like Quack and Flatfish, you can't comment on what's
    been going on."

    Well, Quack's nothing if not fscked in the head.

    Good thing for me that I'm doing such a good job "censoring" him...

  8. Re: Linux game engine

    chrisv writes:

    > Johan Lindquist wrote:
    >
    >>Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >>> So once more for the hard of thinking:
    >>>
    >>> If Liarnut openly admits to killfiling 2/3 of posts here, how the
    >>> HELL can he comment on what has been going on? Simple. He can not.

    >>So anyone not reading 100% of the posts in this newsgroup is
    >>unqualified to comment on "what has been going on"? Who does that
    >>leave, you and "Moshe"?
    >>
    >>> I will leave the rest as an exercise in common sense.

    >>One thing in particular you seem to need to excercise more often.

    > Nice logic, eh? "If you don't read the garbage posted by lying,
    > snotty assholes like Quack and Flatfish, you can't comment on what's
    > been going on."
    >
    > Well, Quack's nothing if not fscked in the head.
    >
    > Good thing for me that I'm doing such a good job "censoring" him...

    You make my point far more eloquently than I ever could.

    "We only censor the people we do not agree with".

    It's how Nazi Germany started. Silence your critics.

    So much for "Open" eh?

    Hypocrites.

  9. Re: Linux game engine

    Johan Lindquist wrote:

    >Anyone skipping "a few %" of the traffic in this group really has too
    >much time on their hands, as I see it.

    I should say so. A huge percentage of the posts are absolute garbage
    left by nymshifters, liars, and assholes, and not even close to being
    worth reading, IMO.

  10. Re: Linux game engine

    So anyway, it was like, 14:38 CET Mar 04 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    Hadron was all like, "Dude,
    > Johan Lindquist writes:
    >
    >> So anyway, it was like, 14:11 CET Mar 04 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    >> Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    >>> Are you as stupid as you are demonstrating?

    >> I don't know, how stupid am I demonstrating that I am?

    > You're clearly too stupid to realise :-;

    You're cleary avoiding to answer my question.

    >> Anyone skipping "a few %" of the traffic in this group really has
    >> too much time on their hands, as I see it. I'd be surprised to find
    >> out that 50% of the readers read 50% of the total volume posted
    >> here.

    > So now you are telling people what they read.

    No, I am telling you what I believe people read. Do try to keep your
    prejudice from incorrectly interpreting my words, mkay?

    >>> Hardly likely given I am not mobile.

    >> But you are literate? I thought the reference to exactly what you
    >> needed to excercise was pretty obvious, but I guess not. Or maybe
    >> it just shows I was spot on.

    > The only thing it shows is that you are as wrong now as you were
    > above.

    No, it showed that you misunderstood me. You seem to excel at that.

    > It is not "right" that someone who FILTERS 66% of a newsgroup is
    > able to give a true and accurate precis of group traffic.

    What is the current approved minimum limit of read posts for someone
    to have an opinion, in your opinion?

    --
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. Perth ---> *
    14:52:39 up 24 days, 15:18, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.08, 0.06

  11. Re: Linux game engine

    On Tuesday 04 March 2008 1:57 pm, chrisv wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

    > Johan Lindquist wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone skipping "a few %" of the traffic in this group really has too
    >>much time on their hands, as I see it.

    > I should say so. A huge percentage of the posts are absolute garbage
    > left by nymshifters, liars, and assholes, and not even close to being
    > worth reading, IMO.

    And trolls like Quack *hate* being ignored, hence his garbage about filtering.

    --
    Mandrake 2008.1 RC1
    --On a 64bit system--

  12. Re: Linux game engine

    William Poaster wrote:
    > On Tuesday 04 March 2008 1:57 pm, chrisv wrote in
    > comp.os.linux.advocacy:
    >
    >> Johan Lindquist wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone skipping "a few %" of the traffic in this group really has
    >>> too much time on their hands, as I see it.

    >> I should say so. A huge percentage of the posts are absolute garbage
    >> left by nymshifters, liars, and assholes, and not even close to being
    >> worth reading, IMO.

    Yes. Your posts in particular, chrisv, are in the bottom 3 of cola.

    > And trolls like Quack *hate* being ignored, hence his garbage about
    > filtering.

    Left side of Dumb Willie's mouth: Look at me! I killfiled all the "trolls"
    in cola!
    Right side of Dumb Willie's mouth: Look at me! All I can talk about are
    the trolls I killfiled!

  13. Re: Linux game engine

    Hadron wrote:

    > chrisv writes:
    >
    >> Johan Lindquist wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hadron quacked:

    >>>So anyone not reading 100% of the posts in this newsgroup is
    >>>unqualified to comment on "what has been going on"? Who does that
    >>>leave, you and "Moshe"?

    >>>One thing in particular you seem to need to excercise more often.

    >> Nice logic, eh? "If you don't read the garbage posted by lying,
    >> snotty assholes like Quack and Flatfish, you can't comment on what's
    >> been going on."
    >>
    >> Well, Quack's nothing if not fscked in the head.
    >>
    >> Good thing for me that I'm doing such a good job "censoring" him...
    >>

    > You make my point far more eloquently than I ever could.
    >
    > "We only censor the people we do not agree with".

    YOu may explain now how "not reading garbage" is the same thing
    as "censorship"

    > It's how Nazi Germany started. Silence your critics.

    Wrong on all counts. That "silencing" part came after they already had power

    > So much for "Open" eh?
    >
    > Hypocrites.

    Idiot
    --
    Ogden's Law:
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

  14. Re: Linux game engine

    "DFS" writes:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> On Tuesday 04 March 2008 1:57 pm, chrisv wrote in
    >> comp.os.linux.advocacy:

    >>> I should say so. A huge percentage of the posts are absolute garbage
    >>> left by nymshifters, liars, and assholes, and not even close to being
    >>> worth reading, IMO.

    > Yes. Your posts in particular, chrisv, are in the bottom 3 of cola.
    >

    >> And trolls like Quack *hate* being ignored, hence his garbage about
    >> filtering.

    > Left side of Dumb Willie's mouth: Look at me! I killfiled all the "trolls"
    > in cola!
    > Right side of Dumb Willie's mouth: Look at me! All I can talk about are
    > the trolls I killfiled!

    While advocating "Open Software". Do these hypocrites know no shame?

    But I'm amazed! Another post from Willy about
    killfiles!!!!!!!!!!!???????? Can one man REALLY be so boring? He makes
    Mark Kent seem like Mr Interesting 2007.

  15. Re: Linux game engine

    Hadron wrote:

    > But I'm amazed! Another post from Willy about
    > killfiles!!!!!!!!!!!???????? Can one man REALLY be so boring? He makes
    > Mark Kent seem like Mr Interesting 2007.

    ha! He killfiles you, but he's obsessed with you and mentions you in every
    other of his boring poasts.

  16. Re: Linux game engine

    * Peter Köhlmann peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> You make my point far more eloquently than I ever could.
    >> "We only censor the people we do not agree with".

    > YOu may explain now how "not reading garbage" is the same thing
    > as "censorship"

    He may also need to explain how insults and lies are equivalent to stuff
    "we do not agree with".

    >> It's how Nazi Germany started. Silence your critics.

    > Wrong on all counts. That "silencing" part came after they already had power

    Hadron has invoked a corollary to Godwin's Law.

    The law itself:

    As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison
    involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.

    The corollary:

    There is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion
    forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished
    and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever
    debate was in progress.

    Well, we can strike "Usenet sage" from Hadron's list of skills. This
    only cements his long record of self-nuking.

    >> So much for "Open" eh?
    >>
    >> Hypocrites.

    > Idiot

    Maybe he is now our resident "reductio ad Hitlerum" expert?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum

    The fallacy most often assumes the form of "Hitler (or the Nazis)
    supported X, therefore X must be evil/undesirable/bad". The
    argument carries emotional weight as rhetoric, since in many cultures
    anything to do with Hitler or Nazis is automatically condemned. The
    tactic is often used to derail arguments, as such a comparison tends
    to distract and to result in angry and less reasoned responses.

    Perhaps Hadron would like to claim that watercolor painting is bad,
    because Hitler practiced it.

    I would aver that Hadron is a more general expert on fallacy. Practice
    makes perfect.

    Ignore what Hadron writes. It is garbage.

    --
    Garbage in, garbage out.

  17. Re: Linux game engine

    "DFS" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> But I'm amazed! Another post from Willy about
    >> killfiles!!!!!!!!!!!???????? Can one man REALLY be so boring? He makes
    >> Mark Kent seem like Mr Interesting 2007.

    > ha! He killfiles you, but he's obsessed with you and mentions you in every
    > other of his boring poasts.

    Because I had his number very soon. He's an "empty suit" as FF used to
    refer to him. He lurks around in the Ubuntu group talking about
    killfiles and how "Linux was ready on the desktop in 10 years ago". I
    have never, ever ONCE seen him post either some help, advice or real
    Linux advocacy. All he talks about is how to killfile people who have
    problems or tell the truth. A sadder, more boring poaster never existed.

  18. Re: Linux game engine

    On Tuesday 04 March 2008 3:33 pm, Peter Köhlmann wrote in
    comp.os.linux.advocacy:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> chrisv writes:

    >>> Nice logic, eh? "If you don't read the garbage posted by lying,
    >>> snotty assholes like Quack and Flatfish, you can't comment on what's
    >>> been going on."
    >>>
    >>> Well, Quack's nothing if not fscked in the head.
    >>>
    >>> Good thing for me that I'm doing such a good job "censoring" him...
    >>>

    >> You make my point far more eloquently than I ever could.
    >>
    >> "We only censor the people we do not agree with".

    > YOu may explain now how "not reading garbage" is the same thing
    > as "censorship"
    >
    >> It's how Nazi Germany started. Silence your critics.

    Godwin's Law - Quack loses, thread over.

    > Wrong on all counts. That "silencing" part came after they already had power

    >> So much for "Open" eh?
    >>
    >> Hypocrites.

    > Idiot

    It's the oooold cry of trolls when they've been binned, whining about "free
    speech" & "censorship" etc. Completely bogus, of course. AFIAK no one is
    stopping them posting in the newsgroup, it's just that some people do NOT wish
    to see their drivel & rubbish, which is an *entirely* different thing. If they
    were to be *stopped* altogether from posting in a newsgroup, *that* could be
    construed as censorship.
    When trolls are ignored they step up their attacks, desperately seeking the
    attention they crave, & they may well protest that their right to free speech
    is being curtailed.

    --
    Mandrake 2008.1 RC1
    --On a 64bit system--

  19. Re: Linux game engine

    Linonut writes:

    > * Peter Köhlmann peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>> You make my point far more eloquently than I ever could.
    >>> "We only censor the people we do not agree with".

    >> YOu may explain now how "not reading garbage" is the same thing
    >> as "censorship"

    > He may also need to explain how insults and lies are equivalent to stuff
    > "we do not agree with".
    >
    >>> It's how Nazi Germany started. Silence your critics.

    >> Wrong on all counts. That "silencing" part came after they already
    >> had power

    Incorrect. They were silencing opposition before they came to power and
    "became Germany". Admittedly they did more silencing after ....

    > Hadron has invoked a corollary to Godwin's Law.
    >

    > The law itself:
    >
    > As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison
    > involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.
    >
    > The corollary:
    >
    > There is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion
    > forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished
    > and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever
    > debate was in progress.
    >
    > Well, we can strike "Usenet sage" from Hadron's list of skills. This
    > only cements his long record of self-nuking.

    You're becoming more ridiculous by the minute.

    But when the shoe fits.

    Your use of filtering is no more than cowardly hiding.

  20. Re: Linux game engine

    Linonut wrote:

    > Ignore what Hadron writes. It is garbage.

    Funny - coming from a wacko who just today posted this garbage:

    "I think government entities in the U.S. generally think that computers
    are magic boxes inhabited by a little djinn that does all the "magic",
    and the Microsoft are the only valid conjurers of this magic."