Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor...... - Linux

This is a discussion on Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor...... - Linux ; I've sent Microsoft the link to your search engine in the hopes that maybe they might like what they see and make you an offer you can't refuse should the Yahoo deal crash and burn. I sure hope the code ...

  1. Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    I've sent Microsoft the link to your search engine in the hopes that maybe
    they might like what they see and make you an offer you can't refuse should
    the Yahoo deal crash and burn.

    I sure hope the code is original and/or that you have the rights to use it.

    http://iuron.com

    So let it not be said that I didn't do my part to get you out of the dorm
    room, finally, and out on your own two feet.

    Your parents can thank me later.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > I've sent Microsoft the link to your search engine in the hopes that maybe
    > they might like what they see and make you an offer you can't refuse
    > should the Yahoo deal crash and burn.
    >
    > I sure hope the code is original and/or that you have the rights to use
    > it.
    >
    > http://iuron.com
    >
    > So let it not be said that I didn't do my part to get you out of the dorm
    > room, finally, and out on your own two feet.
    >
    > Your parents can thank me later.

    Shame I can't do that for you. Your phony name doesn't help much in the
    effort either. But then again, it's how you trolls operate, nameless
    snipers working for microsoft... It must hurt seeing your company founder
    like a dieing fish, out of water...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  3. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    ____/ Jerry McBride on Thursday 28 February 2008 20:12 : \____

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> I've sent Microsoft the link to your search engine in the hopes that maybe
    >> they might like what they see and make you an offer you can't refuse
    >> should the Yahoo deal crash and burn.
    >>
    >> I sure hope the code is original and/or that you have the rights to use
    >> it.
    >>
    >> http://iuron.com
    >>
    >> So let it not be said that I didn't do my part to get you out of the dorm
    >> room, finally, and out on your own two feet.
    >>
    >> Your parents can thank me later.
    >>

    > Shame I can't do that for you. Your phony name doesn't help much in the
    > effort either. But then again, it's how you trolls operate, nameless
    > snipers working for microsoft... It must hurt seeing your company founder
    > like a dieing fish, out of water...

    An E-mail from a friend yesterday was cynical. It asked whether Microsoft just
    employs people who are in prison cells to do their trolling and bring down
    other people to the same level with insults. Yes, he was cynical, but he's a
    regular Slashdotter and the trolling over there has gone through the roof as
    well. Some people blame Microsoft.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
    Tasks: 128 total, 1 running, 127 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  4. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 04:43:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > An E-mail from a friend yesterday was cynical. It asked whether Microsoft just
    > employs people who are in prison cells to do their trolling and bring down
    > other people to the same level with insults. Yes, he was cynical, but he's a
    > regular Slashdotter and the trolling over there has gone through the roof as
    > well. Some people blame Microsoft.

    Yet another one of those "reliable sources" hey Schestowitz.

    You do know Jerry works for IBM, right?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 04:43:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > An E-mail from a friend yesterday was cynical. It asked whether Microsoft just
    > employs people who are in prison cells to do their trolling and bring down
    > other people to the same level with insults. Yes, he was cynical, but he's a
    > regular Slashdotter and the trolling over there has gone through the roof as
    > well. Some people blame Microsoft.

    It's called "disagreement".

    What is it with the attitude of some people lately that if someone
    disagrees with you, they must be a troll?

    Usenet got by for over 2 decades of flamewars without this thinking. I
    think you need to reevaluate your sensitivity levels. Obviously, that's
    why you filter anyone you disagree with, so you don't actually have to hear
    their disagreement. Thus, when it gets through to you, it shocks you that
    someone might not agree with you, and therefore they must be your enemy.

  6. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 01:53:50 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 04:43:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> An E-mail from a friend yesterday was cynical. It asked whether Microsoft just
    >> employs people who are in prison cells to do their trolling and bring down
    >> other people to the same level with insults. Yes, he was cynical, but he's a
    >> regular Slashdotter and the trolling over there has gone through the roof as
    >> well. Some people blame Microsoft.

    > It's called "disagreement".
    >
    > What is it with the attitude of some people lately that if someone
    > disagrees with you, they must be a troll?
    >
    > Usenet got by for over 2 decades of flamewars without this thinking. I
    > think you need to reevaluate your sensitivity levels. Obviously, that's
    > why you filter anyone you disagree with, so you don't actually have to hear
    > their disagreement. Thus, when it gets through to you, it shocks you that
    > someone might not agree with you, and therefore they must be your enemy.

    Look up narcissist in your medical dictionary of choice.

    Schestowitz is a textbook case.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    In article <2657420.eBZn2CsrTR@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > other people to the same level with insults. Yes, he was cynical, but he's a
    > regular Slashdotter and the trolling over there has gone through the roof as
    > well. Some people blame Microsoft.

    Maybe he could give you some tips, then, on posting to Slashdot. Here's
    how your posts have been moderated there:

    1
    0, Troll
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    0, Troll
    5, Funny
    1
    2, Interesting
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    2, Funny
    4, Insightful
    1
    1
    1
    2, Interesting

    You aren't very prolific, as that spans from September 2005, to January
    2008, so the low scores can't be blamed on people tired of spam (which
    was one of your problems on Digg).

    For comparison, here's how I've been moderated there:

    2
    5, Informative
    5, Interesting
    2
    2
    3, Informative
    3, Informative
    5, Informative
    2
    5, Interesting
    2
    2
    3, Insightful
    2
    2
    2
    2
    2
    4, Informative
    2
    2
    2
    0, Troll
    2

    That's from a much narrower range of time, though (the last 3 weeks), as
    I'm a lot more active on Slashdot than you.

    Maybe you could try Reddit?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  8. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:20:59 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <2657420.eBZn2CsrTR@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> other people to the same level with insults. Yes, he was cynical, but he's a
    >> regular Slashdotter and the trolling over there has gone through the roof as
    >> well. Some people blame Microsoft.

    > Maybe he could give you some tips, then, on posting to Slashdot. Here's
    > how your posts have been moderated there:
    >
    > 1
    > 0, Troll
    > 1
    > 1
    > 1
    > 1
    > 1
    > 1
    > 1
    > 0, Troll
    > 5, Funny
    > 1
    > 2, Interesting
    > 1
    > 1
    > 1
    > 1
    > 1
    > 2, Funny
    > 4, Insightful
    > 1
    > 1
    > 1
    > 2, Interesting
    >
    > You aren't very prolific, as that spans from September 2005, to January
    > 2008, so the low scores can't be blamed on people tired of spam (which
    > was one of your problems on Digg).
    >
    > For comparison, here's how I've been moderated there:
    >
    > 2
    > 5, Informative
    > 5, Interesting
    > 2
    > 2
    > 3, Informative
    > 3, Informative
    > 5, Informative
    > 2
    > 5, Interesting
    > 2
    > 2
    > 3, Insightful
    > 2
    > 2
    > 2
    > 2
    > 2
    > 4, Informative
    > 2
    > 2
    > 2
    > 0, Troll
    > 2
    >
    > That's from a much narrower range of time, though (the last 3 weeks), as
    > I'm a lot more active on Slashdot than you.
    >
    > Maybe you could try Reddit?

    And yet COLA looks up to Schestowitz....
    It's totally puzzling.

    Every single other site has Schestowitz pegged as a SPAMMER and a bore but
    yet COLA freaks line up behind him like he is some sort of Pied Piper.

    Notice Roy has stopped commenting on digg.....
    He hasn't posted a comment in at least 2 weeks.

    Why?

    His benefactors obviously complained that his horrible rating was killing
    their paid for SPAM.

    So now Roy just spews his crap flood into digg several times a day without
    regard to what the digg community is all about, discussion....

    Interesting that Roy's digg rating is -3.3 while the faltfish has a +3.0
    rating.
    Even more incredible considering Roy has the deck stacked due to the
    abundance of Ubuntu fanobois in the tech groups.

    One other observation, notice that Roys latest submissions start with 5 or
    6 diggs within a minute or two of them being posted.

    Can you say 'shill'.....
    I've notified the digg personal about this but as is typical they ignore my
    complaints.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:52:19 -0700, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    >>> It's called "disagreement".
    >>>
    >>> What is it with the attitude of some people lately that if
    >>> someone disagrees with you, they must be a troll?
    >>>
    >>> Usenet got by for over 2 decades of flamewars without this
    >>> thinking. I think you need to reevaluate your sensitivity
    >>> levels. Obviously, that's why you filter anyone you
    >>> disagree with, so you don't actually have to hear their
    >>> disagreement. Thus, when it gets through to you, it shocks
    >>> you that someone might not agree with you, and therefore
    >>> they must be your enemy.

    >> Look up narcissist in your medical dictionary of choice.
    >>
    >> Schestowitz is a textbook case.

    > Interesting gob****e from the two of you, but definitely wrong.
    > Roy's behaviour is no where near the definition of a narcissist.
    > However, Here is a textbook case of narcissism:

    Slow night at the gym Rafael?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    Tim Usent stalker Smith wrote:

    > For comparison, here's how I've been moderated there:

    That's because he doesn't employ an army of mod trolls like what you do

    What's your username on slashdot, come on, I thought you didn't utilize
    aliases ..

  11. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    ____/ Doug Mentohl on Friday 29 February 2008 14:39 : \____

    > Tim Usent stalker Smith wrote:
    >
    >> For comparison, here's how I've been moderated there:

    > That's because he doesn't employ an army of mod trolls like what you do
    > ..
    >
    > What's your username on slashdot, come on, I thought you didn't utilize
    > aliases ..

    Tim and the Gang o' Shills remind me of those magicians in strategic games like
    Warcraft. They accumulate their 'mod mana', gang up and attack people whom
    they hate and they mod each other up (like "heal") for mutual glorification.
    You should see the Microsoft Gang over at Digg. it's hilarious how they game
    the system.

    If you have a gang of 4, then you can mod down everyone to -4 and then post
    slander, modding each instance of the slander +4. Cool, isn't it? How many
    times has Microsoft been caught gaming polls before?

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
    Tasks: 161 total, 1 running, 160 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  12. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:58:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Tim and the Gang o' Shills remind me of those magicians in strategic games like
    > Warcraft. They accumulate their 'mod mana', gang up and attack people whom
    > they hate and they mod each other up (like "heal") for mutual glorification.
    > You should see the Microsoft Gang over at Digg. it's hilarious how they game
    > the system.

    That's not how it works on Slashdot. Mod points don't "accumulate". If
    you have good karma, every so often you get them for a couple of days, and
    then they're gone.

    It would be all but impossible to predictably have accounts with mod
    points.

    > If you have a gang of 4, then you can mod down everyone to -4 and then post
    > slander, modding each instance of the slander +4. Cool, isn't it? How many
    > times has Microsoft been caught gaming polls before?

    How many times have you been caught lying?

  13. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    On 2008-02-29, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:

    > How many times have you been caught lying?

    Exactly. Like the lie he's been caught telling about the Morris worm,
    and the one about TT Windows fonts on linux to name just 2.

    Oops. That was /you/, not Roy.

    --
    What I lack in restraint, I make up for in remorse.

  14. Re: Hey Roy Schestowitz... I've done you a favor......

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:09:39 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:58:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Tim and the Gang o' Shills remind me of those magicians in strategic games like
    >> Warcraft. They accumulate their 'mod mana', gang up and attack people whom
    >> they hate and they mod each other up (like "heal") for mutual glorification.
    >> You should see the Microsoft Gang over at Digg. it's hilarious how they game
    >> the system.

    > That's not how it works on Slashdot. Mod points don't "accumulate". If
    > you have good karma, every so often you get them for a couple of days, and
    > then they're gone.
    >
    > It would be all but impossible to predictably have accounts with mod
    > points.
    >
    >> If you have a gang of 4, then you can mod down everyone to -4 and then post
    >> slander, modding each instance of the slander +4. Cool, isn't it? How many
    >> times has Microsoft been caught gaming polls before?

    > How many times have you been caught lying?

    Dozens and it's at the point where Roy doesn't even comment anymore.
    He just spews stories into digg so in effect he is spamming the group.

    It just goes to show he has no interest in discussion, which is what digg
    is supposed to be about.

    Roy is interested in spewing his crap flood every place he can.

    Also, it's odd that Roy's stories start out at 4, 5 or 6 hits within
    minutes of being posted.

    Very suspicious, and just started recently.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/